Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 County Photo - Take II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Photo taken, I took a photo of Monaghan town from one of the hills surrounding it-hope it turns out ok!! Camera is all packaged and ready to be posted at lunchtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

County
    |
    Boardsie

Waterford|[URL="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=330774]Fitzcoff[/URL]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

This should be our final list of completed counties! Thanks all for keeping the thread alive and keeping the camera moving! :) One bad link and the project would have collapsed.

County|Boardsie
    Antrim|Carraig Fhearghais
    Armagh|The Guvnor
    Carlow|rameire
    Cavan|unclebill98
    Clare|ablelocks
    Cork|Winnieacre
    Derry|the_tractor
    Donegal|homer_simpson
    Down|ems_12
    Dublin|m_s_nixon
    Fermanagh|Tigger
    Galway|J o e
    Kerry|sheesh
    Kildare|Tallon
    Kilkenny|BigCon
    Laois|mixervilla
    Leitrim|storm2811
    Limerick|Shawnee
    Longford|hubba
    Louth|sNarah
    Mayo|artyeva
    Meath|GhostInTheRuins
    Monaghan|Catxscotch
    Offaly|Cat Melodean
    Roscommon|BrianBoru00
    Sligo|dakar
    Tipperary|DaveNoCheese
    Tyrone|GAAman
    Waterford|Fitzcoff
    Westmeath|darokane
    Wexford|Morrisseeee
    Wicklow|xia

I had originally planned getting them developed and scanned to CD then creating a webpage showing all photos with a clickable map of Ireland bringing up each of the county photos.

I'm currently writing up a thesis and will be fairly flat out now until end of August so happy to let others look after the final production, whatever it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

J o e wrote: »

I had originally planned getting them developed and scanned to CD then creating a webpage showing all photos with a clickable map of Ireland bringing up each of the county photos.

I'm currently writing up a thesis and will be fairly flat out now until end of August so happy to let others look after the final production, whatever it is...

That's a good idea, and fairly easily done too. could just use a simple google Map. I've done loads of them before (like this one for the Donegal forum) so can offer to do that if everyone wants?

You could even make it editable by all, but TBH that might end badly. all it would take is one smartarse to wipe it all.

Well I was thinking something more along the lines of this. Clicking on county would bring up a litebox with the photo. Also a normal gallery way of viewing the photos.

The only problem is that map is £15 - unless people wouldn't mind chipping in?

Actually I could throw it together pretty quick some evening if there was interest....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

The camera arrived in the post this morning, but I can't see the end of the garden with the fog at the moment.

Weather is suppose to improve over the next few days so I'll take a photo then and post back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

fitzcoff wrote: »
    The camera arrived in the post this morning, but I can't see the end of the garden with the fog at the moment.

Weather is suppose to improve over the next few days so I'll take a photo then and post back then.

The entire success of this project depends on you now - 2 years of work, all depend on you.

No pressure now.

:-)

The entire success of this project depends on you now - 2 years of work, all depend on you.

No pressure now.

:-)

Hahahaha! It might be a fuzzy shot from fitzcoff if her hands are shaking with the nerves after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Feel like I'm part of history in the making!

No page two for you! :)

• Advertisement

Just to let ye know that the plan is take the photo tomorrow or maybe even this evening and to post the camera back on Monday morning.

Will update when I post the camera back

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

The suspense ....

Last photo been taken fitzcoff?

Yea photo was taken, have the camera boxed and ready to post in the morn. I didn't get a chance to get to the post office today.

County
    |
    Boardsie

None, finito, IT'S F*CKIN DONE!!!!!!!

:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Holy crap, awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Well done guy's. Can't wait to see the photos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

ohmygod!ohmygod!ohmygod!ohmygod!ohmygod!

*does nervous dance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Nyan, nyan, nyan, nyan....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I'm really looking forward to seeing these.....how soon ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

GAAman wrote: »
    County
    |
    Boardsie

Fantastic Achievement & Team-work by ALL involved with this. You should all be real proud of this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Well holy god, Miley. Can we see? can we see?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

GAAman wrote: »
    County
    |
    Boardsie

Wait til the camera arrives at the final destination, and gets sent for processing.

It'll be interesting to see if the quality of the photos has changed as the film as aged a few years now.

I dropped the camera at the post office this morn and it has been sent by registered post, so keep the fingers crossed that it arrives safe to GAAman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Fantastic!

Worth waiting for!:D

Now to work out what picture is from what county!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The Guvnor wrote: »

A camera with no GPS? When was this thing from, 2010? :pac:

In all seriousness, I wasn't a part of this endeavour at all, but I've been following it along for the last while. Well done to everyone involved, it's a brilliant collaboration. I can't wait to see the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Fantastic!

Worth waiting for!:D

Can we run a name the place thread and let people who've been following name the places ? once the location has been identified by a random, then the shooter can discuss where/why and most importantly how !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I love that idea, we should deffo guess where each photo was taken :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭ablelocks

brilliant.

just as an observation, anyone who I've told about this thinks it's a brilliant idea - even the fact that it took so long for the camera to get around Ireland is actually a positive in the "story". some friends have asked if a book'll be made with the photos. Assuming the quality (in all senses!) is good, this is something that should be investigated at the very least? If anyone had any contacts in publishing it'd be worthwhile getting their opinion...unfortunately I don't.

fotopedia might be a good online option?

Advertisement