Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 County Photo - Take II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I am assuming that this is the same camera I took a photo with last year or so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

sheesh wrote: »
    That's the plan ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I sure hope so :o

Any update Catxscotch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yeap, first photo taken on 27 May 2010... 781 days ago. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Camera should be there today/tomorrow at the latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Still nothing on this end!

I've got the registered receipt. Will follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Came back to bump this and see there is a slew of posts!

Must be near the end :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

^ Fingers crossed! :D

How are we getting on folks? Has the camera arrived with catx yet?

• Advertisement

Package is still in depot. They may have tried tomdelivery and left the pick up notice.

Hi Guys, I was away for work for a few days, package is at depot, I will be picking it up today, and doing my photography this weekend...nearly there now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thank Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

What are the plans for then this is done lads? Will the photos be combined in a book or montage for sale or somewhere online for all to view :)

I'm looking forward to seeing this & would like to know how that would happen.

Thanks guys :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    What are the plans for then this is done lads? Will the photos be combined in a book or montage for sale or somewhere online for all to view :)

I'm looking forward to seeing this & would like to know how that would happen.

Thanks guys :)

I initially had plans (And still will) get the camera developed at my friends place. Then having them copied to cd, and uploading them to photobucket or the like. If anyone wanted physical copies I would send on cd's with the pictures on it (Would only ask that people send the cost of p+p with their address which I think is fair)

Then a thought struck me awhile ago, I am not sure how this would be greeted so maybe here is the perfect place for initial feedback. I thought of the Santa Strike Force that boards conducts (And in all honesty I went there now to get the link for those who might not be familair with it and my idea has already been done in sorts)

Here is the link for SSF, my idea is to possibly get a glossy book printed with the pictures in it. Sell it for a good price depending on costs etc and all profit going to the ssf.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

GAAman wrote: »
    I initially had plans (And still will) get the camera developed at my friends place. Then having them copied to cd, and uploading them to photobucket or the like. If anyone wanted physical copies I would send on cd's with the pictures on it (Would only ask that people send the cost of p+p with their address which I think is fair)

Then a thought struck me awhile ago, I am not sure how this would be greeted so maybe here is the perfect place for initial feedback. I thought of the Santa Strike Force that boards conducts (And in all honesty I went there now to get the link for those who might not be familair with it and my idea has already been done in sorts)

Here is the link for SSF, my idea is to possibly get a glossy book printed with the pictures in it. Sell it for a good price depending on costs etc and all profit going to the ssf.

Thoughts?

Great Idea but ultimately its a huge undertaking, just take a look at the boards photobook and the sheer amount of organising involved in that! Would be great if it could work but its a huge undertaking.

Great Idea but ultimately its a huge undertaking, just take a look at the boards photobook and the sheer amount of organising involved in that! Would be great if it could work but its a huge undertaking.

I understand to a certain degree, I used to be a printer (Not a lexmark before anyone says it :p ) as I said it is an idea and if enough interest is expressed and certain conditions are met it could be done.

Early days yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

It'd be a good idea to get the photos published and profits donated to charity, it all would depend on cost though, I see the SSF photobook retails for €46 which imo is very high.

If not for SSF then it could be done for another charity, as far as i am aware it's a unique idea, I haven't seen or heard of this being done before.

It'd be a good idea to get the photos published and profits donated to charity, it all would depend on cost though, I see the SSF photobook retails for €46 which imo is very high.

If not for SSF then it could be done for another charity, as far as i am aware it's a unique idea, I haven't seen or heard of this being done before.

I will admit I have not looked at the photography book. I would hazard a guess that the reason the book is highly priced is so a decent amount is going to the fund.

I think the SSF should be the charity of choice for this and it is probably the same reason it is the one for the photobook, it is a boards charity and this is the 32 county pic project performed solely by boardsies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Good idea to divert any profits/proceeds to charity but can the photos be posted somewhere first before one decides to buy the photobook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

GAAman wrote: »
    I will admit I have not looked at the photography book. I would hazard a guess that the reason the book is highly priced is so a decent amount is going to the fund.

I think the SSF should be the charity of choice for this and it is probably the same reason it is the one for the photobook, it is a boards charity and this is the 32 county pic project performed solely by boardsies

€5 from every book wen to the SSF:confused:
    i dont know, maybe you'd know better yourself what it would cost to publish it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Excellent idea on the SSF.

MY only concern is do we have enough photos - 32 - to warrant a book being published?

Perhaps these pictures could be added to another publication rather than as a standalone book?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Actually Darren_G had the idea to publish them as part of the Boardsphotobook two years ago :eek::cool:

So I'd say it's time to pick up that idea again...that is if we have a team again organising the book again this year after the trouble last year....But I very much hope so.

And @GAAMan: Thanks for taking the development part into your hands as well! I like the possibility to then get the pictures on CD and people can then print what they wnat / like (no, I won't mention the co-word! In this case I'd say nobody will insist on it...)

M three wrote: »
    Good idea to divert any profits/proceeds to charity but can the photos be posted somewhere first before one decides to buy the photobook?

As I said I will be hosting the images on photobucket or something similar and posting them here, I just hope if this book idea does go ahead that people will buy it even though they have been posted
    €5 from every book wen to the SSF:confused:
    i dont know, maybe you'd know better yourself what it would cost to publish it

I did not know that, as I said I have not looked at the photobook stuff at all. Is the book big? How many pages etc
    The Guvnor wrote: »
    Excellent idea on the SSF.

MY only concern is do we have enough photos - 32 - to warrant a book being published?

Perhaps these pictures could be added to another publication rather than as a standalone book?

As xia said above it could be folded into the next photobook if it happens, but I don't know about anyone else I think the idea behind this deserves its own little thing and it would be something nice to have as a picture taker. Perhaps book was not the right word to use. What I had in mind was a small book with the pictures and maybe a few lines of text either at the start of it or under each picture to say "Boardsie X took this photo of county Y at location Z" or something like that.

I don't know maybe I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one :cool:
    xia wrote: »
    Actually Darren_G had the idea to publish them as part of the Boardsphotobook two years ago :eek::cool:

So I'd say it's time to pick up that idea again...that is if we have a team again organising the book again this year after the trouble last year....But I very much hope so.

And @GAAMan: Thanks for taking the development part into your hands as well! I like the possibility to then get the pictures on CD and people can then print what they wnat / like (no, I won't mention the co-word! In this case I'd say nobody will insist on it...)

Yeah that is exactly why I said about the cd part I think between that and hosting them online everyone is covered!

Lastly back to business, catx any update on the camera?

Collected the camera yesterday, and will be taking photo over the weekend. Already have details of next person so will bang it in the post early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Oh it's getting exciting now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

Maybe the photos could be included in the boards photobook, but as a collage, instead of a page per photo?

I don't think there would enough interest to warrant a dedicated photobook for this project - judging on how long it has taken to get this far :-)

HOw about a calendar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

HOw about a calendar?

A 32 month one would certainly be better value than the usual 12 month ones alright. :D

• Advertisement

Better than those 13 month ones!

Advertisement