Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 County Photo - Take II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm getting excited now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Pm'ing Daragh now.

will be posting to you tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

darokane wrote: »
    will be posting to you tomorrow

Quality, the finishing line is in sight folks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Brilliant! Have to admit though that I lost track what's left...? Anyone has the overview?

posted today

• Advertisement

Will I take charge of developement when it's done?

Are we still up for the idea of the photos being displayed publicly somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

The camera arrived this morning.

The weather is good so I will take the picture today or first thing tomorrow.

With a bit of luck we can get it to the next person on the list for Saturday!:)

Who is the next person on the list? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I can take a pic in clare if it's not been done already.

My efficeincy knows no bounds picture is taken and camera ready to be mailed on to the next person.

Minor detail not 3 minutes after finally taking the picture and just back at the car and a rideless horse went shooting down from where I just was and out the entrance onto the small country road.

I was up a mountain so have no idea where this horse came from so just glad I had the picture taken before he ran into me!:D

• Advertisement

The Guvnor wrote: »
    My efficeincy knows no bounds picture is taken and camera ready to be mailed on to the next person.

Minor detail not 3 minutes after finally taking the picture and just back at the car and a rideless horse went shooting down from where I just was and out the entrance onto the small country road.

I was up a mountain so have no idea where this horse came from so just glad I had the picture taken before he ran into me!:D

Excellent stuff, sorry I am only getting back to you now with the pm have not been online for a few days here and to answer your question, get in touch with ablelocks to send the camera on.

Edit: Can you confirm where you took a pic of?
    ablelocks wrote: »
    I can take a pic in clare if it's not been done already.

Great, you should be getting a pm from The Guvnor soon :)

Tallon wrote: »
    Will I take charge of developement when it's done?

Are we still up for the idea of the photos being displayed publicly somewhere?

If you want. I had it in my head to get them printed once and burned onto cd (A friend of mine owns a photo shop) that way if they were to be displayed (I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be) there is the hard copy form and the cd's could be copied and sent to anyone. It also leaves open the option to host them somewhere online and we could all download them too

xia wrote: »
    Brilliant! Have to admit though that I lost track what's left...? Anyone has the overview?

My head is too mangled at the moment will get back to you on that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I think this is what we have left folks, almost there now ;)

County
    |
    Boardsie
    |
    Backup

Antrim|dreamer_ire|Carraig Fhearghais

Cavan|YourName(?)|kgpixels

Clare|dryadssaddle(?)|Wylie Luke

Monaghan|kgpixels(?)|GAAman

Waterford|YeGods(?)|Diabhal_Glas or nkay1985

GAAman wrote: »
    If you want. I had it in my head to get them printed once and burned onto cd (A friend of mine owns a photo shop) that way if they were to be displayed (I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be) there is the hard copy form and the cd's could be copied and sent to anyone. It also leaves open the option to host them somewhere online and we could all download them too
    That's awesome, you feel free to do them so :) Thanks dude

I think this is what we have left folks, almost there now ;)

County
    |
    Boardsie
    |
    Backup

Antrim|Carraig Fhearghais|

Cavan|YourName(?)|kgpixels

Clare|[AbleLocks]

Monaghan|kgpixels(?)|GAAman

Waterford|YeGods(?)|Diabhal_Glas or nkay1985

Cheers homer, just edited that a bit that's how it looks now I think.

That's awesome, you feel free to do them so :) Thanks dude

I don't mind at all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yeah that's the initial plan...
    J o e wrote: »
    At the end, we get the photos developed (and put on CD), posted and possibly displayed somewhere. I'll also put together an interactive map of Ireland linked to the photos.

I better get working on the webpage for the final result! How's the photo count on the camera looking? A while back it looked like we might be a few short...

I better get working on the webpage for the final result! How's the photo count on the camera looking? A while back it looked like we might be a few short...

Also will need each person to describe/identify their photo so we know which county is which

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

GAAman wrote: »
    Also will need each person to describe/identify their photo so we know which county is which

ehhh....... it's been a while.... :eek:

ok, guvnor is posting to me today, should have it tomorrow so will be ready to post it again by Friday. Whoever's next to get it pm me your address....

able

• Advertisement

dakar wrote: »
    ehhh....... it's been a while.... :eek:

Haha yeah I figured as much, if I am doing the pics I will put them online. Then you can have a look through which will hopefully jog your memory and identify which is your pic and where it is.

I really cannot wait to see them!

ok, guvnor is posting to me today, should have it tomorrow so will be ready to post it again by Friday. Whoever's next to get it pm me your address....

able

Excellent! If Carraig Fhearghais is still watching this thread (And hopefully fully mended :) ) you might want to pop your head in and let us know!
    I really cannot wait to see them!

Agreed, so very close to the finishing line now!

It was on 12 when i had it so should be fine

got the camera yesterday. It's been raining since, so won't take a pic until it improves. Haven't heard from Carraig yet.

for a particular photo I have in mind, if i had to stand in another county to take a pic of my county would that still be ok? (If I take the pic from my county, then the other county would be visible too, and it's already been done)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Hmn I think you should take it from within your county...

Hmn I think you should take it from within your county...
    I don't see why, it's a camera, not a GPS!

As long as the photo represents your county, then fire away!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Carraig Fhearghais

P.M.sent to ablelocks for the Co Antrim coverage, I'm up & driving again now so hopefully should be able to get a pic (when I figure out what of!!) pretty quick.

got the camera yesterday. It's been raining since, so won't take a pic until it improves. Haven't heard from Carraig yet.

for a particular photo I have in mind, if i had to stand in another county to take a pic of my county would that still be ok? (If I take the pic from my county, then the other county would be visible too, and it's already been done)

I think go for it. The picture would be of your county that way.
    P.M.sent to ablelocks for the Co Antrim coverage, I'm up & driving again now so hopefully should be able to get a pic (when I figure out what of!!) pretty quick.

Excellent, glad to hear it :)

• Advertisement

Super - ignore my pm - should have read the thread first!:D

Advertisement