Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Sick day well spent- on sofa watching Castle. Nathan Fillion happiness overdose.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dad is gone up to Dublin. Will hopefully hear some news soon.

I has a sad but it's not about that. I don't know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Wishing Ella Bella a prompt and glorious recovery.

Wishing Purple Pawprints a happy.

My parents are painting the house. I think I'm experiencing an unpleasant varnish high. :eek: I feel a bit drowsy in a totally unenjoyable way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Dad is gone up to Dublin. Will hopefully hear some news soon.

I has a sad but it's not about that. I don't know what to do.

Fingers crossed for you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Fella better soon Ella Bella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Who would like to come sing soft kitty to me?? Im a little sick :(

Also i lost the discount card to my store which i only got today! :(

But i got paid :D

I'll sing it to ya - been singing it to the kitty any time I'm in the kitchen with her :o

Get well soon EllaBella and Pixie!

Did my rehab exercises, my back is in bits now cos I've to lie down doing them. Need an exercise partner!

I'll sing it to ya - been singing it to the kitty any time I'm in the kitchen with her :o

Get well soon EllaBella and Pixie!

Did my rehab exercises, my back is in bits now cos I've to lie down doing them. Need an exercise partner!

How is the kitty? I liked the story of your catquisition (acquisition of a cat). :)

And how's the knee holding up? I'll be your exercise partner. I probably even live near you (but am unfortunately poor at all exercise).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

The whole sleeping thing isn't working for me. Too hot. Too cold. Hair too tight. Hair too loose. I'm the goldilocks of sleep today. Eugh. I don't have the patience for this sick lark!

Someone make me laugh before I cry.

Ella Bella wrote: »

Did you know that six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Did you know that six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy?
    Hahahaha you rock <3 :D

• Advertisement

I'm here all week :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

The whole sleeping thing isn't working for me. Too hot. Too cold. Hair too tight. Hair too loose. I'm the goldilocks of sleep today. Eugh. I don't have the patience for this sick lark!

Penguin goes into a pharmacy and asks the pharmacist "do you have any grapes?"
    Pharmacist, confused, says " no, we don't sell grapes"
    Penguin says "okay, thanks" and leaves.

Next day, the penguin returns and again asks "do you have any grapes?"
    Pharmacist, a little annoyed says "No. We're a pharmacy. We do not, nor ever have sold grapes!"

Next day, the penguin comes back again and repeats his request "do you have any grapes?"
    Pharmacist at this stage has had enough "No!! We do not sell grapes. We never will sell grapes! And if you come back again and ask I will nail your beak to the floor!!"

Next day, the penguin returns again"do you have any nails?"
    Pharmacist "em, no"
    "Okay, do you have any grapes?"

I feel like crap. My bf said I've gotten really uptight the last couple of months. We've been fighting a bit and he thinks we aren't as close as we were and I don't know what to do. :'(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I feel like crap. My bf said I've gotten really uptight the last couple of months. We've been fighting a bit and he thinks we aren't as close as we were and I don't know what to do. :'(

if you're "uptight" because you're not cool with sleeping in til 3pm as a guest or because you're now actually making something of your life, tell him to get over himself

big hugs either way

you're doing really well lately with all the things you're doing

bluewolf wrote: »
    if you're "uptight" because you're not cool with sleeping in til 3pm as a guest or because you're now actually making something of your life, tell him to get over himself

big hugs either way

you're doing really well lately with all the things you're doing

It's in general tbh and I know he's right. I really don't think he'd say it because I'm making something of my life. I wouldn't be with someone like that.

I'll be grand. Just need to figure out what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Poor sick people and stressed people, hugs to everyone.

I climbed a volcano yesterday and am very stiff now. First (well, preview) show of the fringe tonight. Yay! I can relate to Ella's sleeping issues. I'm sharing a room with two people and I can hear every little noise.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

How is the kitty? I liked the story of your catquisition (acquisition of a cat). :)

And how's the knee holding up? I'll be your exercise partner. I probably even live near you (but am unfortunately poor at all exercise).

Kitty is doing well - and I've been doing well with kitty, she is after growing quite a bit, loves watching the washing machine going around, and has been in the bath a number of times, and I've put the water on gently - she can't really understand where the water is going :D I was fairly nervous with her with my leg, but much better now. I must post up a few photos of her :D

Knee is holding up alright - gets sore now and then, but the brace is still really annoying, keeps slipping down my leg. Its not really a partner I need, need someone to stand over me and help me push through the work - you won't even need to actually do the exercise!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It's in general tbh and I know he's right. I really don't think he'd say it because I'm making something of my life. I wouldn't be with someone like that.

I'll be grand. Just need to figure out what to do.

Does he mean you worry about him too much? Stressing out 'cos he hasn't texted you back etc. Still not a nice thing to hear tbh, I hope you get it sorted soon x

This is one I took about 10 days ago :D

215422.JPG

Kitty is doing well - and I've been doing well with kitty, she is after growing quite a bit, loves watching the washing machine going around, and has been in the bath a number of times, and I've put the water on gently - she can't really understand where the water is going :D I was fairly nervous with her with my leg, but much better now. I must post up a few photos of her :D

Knee is holding up alright - gets sore now and then, but the brace is still really annoying, keeps slipping down my leg. Its not really a partner I need, need someone to stand over me and help me push through the work - you won't even need to actually do the exercise!! :D:D

Oh, come up to Cork's North Side then (if you dare ;)) and bring kitty. :)

The fun we will have!

I will be a kind (yet firm) exercise pusher and you will recover in two shakes of a (slow-motion) lamb's tail.

I will also provide kitty treats.

• Advertisement

This is one I took about 10 days ago :D

215422.JPG

Incredibly cute kitty! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

supposed to go to yoga tonight already paid the 15 euro
    tired and sore from pilates and hobbling all day and now im home (dublin) i dont want to :o and im heading home to enfield tonight as well :o

"hi i need to cancel the class this evening. know it's a long shot but can i use the payment for another class next week instead"
    "yep it's on your account there"

that's awesome
    zero guilt now :cool:

Ladies, we on post 9988 already :eek:

Watching the men's gymnastics on BBC :D Tempted to get up and find my camera to take pictures of kitty! Promise I'll get some up soon

Ladies, we on post 9988 already :eek:

who's spamming so much? 10k posts in 6 weeks!
    *checks top list of posters*
    oh right yeah
    nothing to see here folks!

who's spamming so much? 10k posts in 6 weeks!
    *checks top list of posters*
    oh right yeah
    nothing to see here folks!

hahaha! :D

For once, I'm nowhere near the top 5 :D

bluewolf 583
    x Purple Pawprints x 543
    krudler 384
    Acoshla 371
    Novella 350
    WesternNight 305
    Kiera 296
    Pixie-Fairy 295
    Das Kitty 288

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Screw that, I'm going to the pub on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Lost a bet with myself! I thought we'd finish before August!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

We only started this a while ago!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Screw that, I'm going to the pub on the way home.

Take me with youuuuuuu! I'm working the next eight days straight, the thought of it alone is driving me to drink :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Currently taking the red outta my hair, back to brown!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement