Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Gutted I missed the badminton match between Korea and Indonesia I think - it wasn't a case of one team trying to win, more like who wanted to lose the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Congratulations Stheno. :)

McChubbin - I like your art.

No word from bf yet, don't know if they won or not..

Edit: They lost 4-3. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So anyway. My dog died yesterday. I only heard this morning.

Her name was Ash, she was born in 1996 and named after the band (we also had a fish called Blur)

She was dumped into our garden by some asshole, and she arrived at exactly the right time for me. My Dad had finally moved out and Ash felt like a new beginning. She was an awesome dog and a great friend. Even though she's been sick for a very long time, and I knew this day was coming, it still hurts. She was worth every ounce of hurt.

215340.jpg
    When the body that lived at your single will,
    With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!)
    When the spirit that answered your every mood
    Is gone--wherever it goes--for good,
    You will discover how much you care,
    And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

- R. Kipling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Massive big hugs Das kitty!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Aw Das, so sorry to hear :( Hope you're doing okay x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Aw no Das :( I'm so sorry to hear that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Awful time for you Das Kitty

Remember the best times :)

Hugs to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Miaireland wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with the rte website?

Yeah I couldn't get any of the Olympics to stream today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

AH Das im sorry to hear :( hope you are ok x

Hugs for Das Kitty.. Such a cute dog. xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I think I've pinpointed Tuesdays as the day I'm most likely to be miserable. Wednesdays are good because I have Thursdays off and I can have fun Wednesday night and do nothing Thursday. Fridays and Saturdays are the weekend. Sundays are grand days for just relaxing, cleaning the house and being hungover. Mondays are strange in that they're pretty awful, but I'm resigned to the awfulness. I just grin and bear Mondays. But Tuesdays are truly horrible. All the awfulness of Mondays with none of the upsides of the other days of the week. And I can't even grin and bear it after doing so much grinning and bearing it on Mondays. Mondays and Tuesdays are grey days. And Tuesday is the greyest.

Fcuk Tuesdays.

I think there's some statistic about Tuesdays being the day people are most likely to attempt suicide:( It's the day the monotony and crap really gets into their stride and you haven't psyched yourself up for it like Monday.

I am reluctant to post whining yet again about the work boy but I am hideously upset and cannot keep boring my flatmates. Feel like I've been made an absolute fool of. He hasn't called today, which I really thought he would (even though I wasn't sure I'd talk to him). I feel like I've been forced into this role of the stupid, over-involved girl who thinks it's all hearts and flowers and who keeps chasing when its clear someone isn't interested and I'm mortified at what his friends etc think the story is!

Why can't people just be honest? All I expected was a casual bit of fun with someone I liked for 2 months before I move...I didn't make him say all the stuff he did about how much he liked me and how he wanted to keep seeing me- that he'd come visit me etc! He totally led me on and I fell for it.

And I have two more days in work to see him! Just want to get through it with dignity intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

rip little ash

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sorry to hear that Das. Pets are so hard to let go. :(

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ah, hugs Das, sorry to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Aw that's awful Das Kitty, it's so hard to lose a pet when they've been part of your life for so long. :(

Stheno, congratulations!

Went househunting for my boyfriend today, it's his first time moving out of home properly and we found him a really nice flat. :) It's fun watching someone get so excited about being a grownup!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Sorry to hear that Das. Ash looked like a sweetheart.

Thanks folks, I'll be grand, just using the evening to have a pity-party. Sent Mike out home!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Losing a pet is horrible Das Kitty...I had to have one of the cats put to sleep last week as he was poisoned. Poor mite never had a chance - he was only 18 months old or so. His sister and my dog are lost without him :( Takes time to adjust alright, but laugh at the happy times you managed to have together....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Aw Das I'm so sorry to hear that. Pets totally become party of the family no matter what people say. Big non touching hugs for you, honey x x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

she was beautiful dk, rip xx

just back home from a lovely evening with a boardsie, dinner and cocktails and chatter :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

So sorry to hear that about Ash, hope you're doing okay Das <3 x

My uncle passed away a few hours ago. He has been sick for a long, long time and he had been worse lately but I thought he still had a while left so it's a bit of a shock.

Sorry for your loss WinterSong, always a shock - hugs

WinterSong wrote: »

My uncle passed away a few hours ago. He has been sick for a long, long time and he had been worse lately but I thought he still had a while left so it's a bit of a shock.

So sorry to hear that. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You have my condolences WinterSong. :(

There's been very little middle ground in here today. Either really bad or really good news.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So sorry Wintersong, best wishes to all of your family.

I'm really sorry for your loss WinterSong. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Sorry to hear that, hope you and your family are doing okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Sorry for your loss WS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Sorry to hear that Wintersong. RIP x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Oh Das and WinterSong Im sorry abour yer bad news :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement