Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

TBi wrote: »
    Does it work with another phone? When i got my iPhone meteor disabled MMS on my account because the phone wasn't supported (at the time). It might be worth either trying another phone, and if that doesn't work call up the company.

There is no reason why a WP7 phone shouldn't receive mms, unless A. the APN isn't set correctly or B. the network switched it off.

Thing is I was able to send them after I found the feckin group text toggle.

Don't send too many mms messages so only finding this problem again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dub XV wrote: »
    TBi wrote: »
    Does it work with another phone? When i got my iPhone meteor disabled MMS on my account because the phone wasn't supported (at the time). It might be worth either trying another phone, and if that doesn't work call up the company.

There is no reason why a WP7 phone shouldn't receive mms, unless A. the APN isn't set correctly or B. the network switched it off.

Thing is I was able to send them after I found the feckin group text toggle.

Don't send too many mms messages so only finding this problem again

Just ensure your settings are ok. I wrote a post sometime back detailing mms set up for each Irish network. Do a search on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone else getting 'media type not valid' when transferring music to zune?

Anyone else getting 'media type not valid' when transferring music to zune?

What are you trying to transfer, just MP3's ?

If yeah then never seen it. Might be some issues with other formats or DRM's

What are you trying to transfer, just MP3's ?

If yeah then never seen it. Might be some issues with other formats or DRM's

Ya just trying to transfer some mp3's

Any ideas of how to fix it?

EDIT : Just fixed it, had a quick google and did this
    Open your zune Collection
    Click on setting
    Manage folders

Then add the folder that has your music

• Advertisement

Click on setting
    Manage folders

I presume you were just trying to drag and drop them into Zune? :)

My Mums battery life on her Lumia 800 :) Hope ye can see that. Its in a public skydrive folder

WP_20120616.jpg?psid=1

Click on setting
    Manage folders

I presume you were just trying to drag and drop them into Zune? :)

My Mums battery life on her Lumia 800 :) Hope ye can see that. Its in a public skydrive folder

WP_20120616.jpg?psid=1

Ya just drag and drop

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Three people in my shop use windows phone so their familiar with it and not afraid to sell it. So many other branches try to steer people of them, just because they don't know anything about windows phone. Its as simple as. Some sales reps are lazy...

What shop is that?
    I hate going into phone shops these days and no-one being able to tell you anything about the phone beyond what it tells you in the ad.

Anybody able to download the Network Settings app

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Sorry to be a pain guys. But I got this phone yesterday. First smart phone, and with no booklet, its a pain to do the basics. I figured out how to do most of the fancy stuff as i watched videos on youtube and I was on nokia.com....

But to do the simple stuff that every nokia phone has has. I just want to know how to put my own ring tone on it, and my own pic on the screen saver. I eventually copped on how to change from silent to ring and vibrate.

If anyone can explain, or link any information to me about the phone, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

by the way, i only read to page 12 on this thread, Ill keep going but its taking me ages, so thats why I ask.

• Advertisement

inmyday wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain guys. But I got this phone yesterday. First smart phone, and with no booklet, its a pain to do the basics. I figured out how to do most of the fancy stuff as i watched videos on youtube and I was on nokia.com....

But to do the simple stuff that every nokia phone has has. I just want to know how to put my own ring tone on it, and my own pic on the screen saver. I eventually copped on how to change from silent to ring and vibrate.

If anyone can explain, or link any information to me about the phone, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

by the way, i only read to page 12 on this thread, Ill keep going but its taking me ages, so thats why I ask.

Don't have the phone on me now but both of those are in the settings.

There's Help + How to Application in your phone, it has all the information you need. Also www.windowsphone.com is good for all that stuff too. Has info about custom ringtones or how to's for the phone.

Download a ringtone maker from the marketplace to use a song as a tone. They all have a big library of tunes. A song has to be 40 secs max under 1 Mb to use otherwise.

Go through "I'm a wp7" Guide in applications list for help. Tips and tricks there. Also as above Help+How to in that list. Easy to use.

Thanks guys. That website is very helpful.

I really dont know how to make a song, under 40secs and under 1mb. Doesnt make sense to me.

Also I signed in my hotmail account, and when I went into my phone book(called people), all my contacts from my emails were in there too. I cant sign out of my email, its kinda annoying having to go through so much when I need to call someone.
    Sure Ill probably figure it out with help+how to.
    Very confusing phone though.

I really dont know how to make a song, under 40secs and under 1mb. Doesnt make sense to me.

Also I signed in my hotmail account, and when I went into my phone book(called people), all my contacts from my emails were in there too. I cant sign out of my email, its kinda annoying having to go through so much when I need to call someone.

Sorry, meant to say that's the limits for a tone. Free ringtone apps will automatically have the songs cut to 30 secs for you already.

click the 3 little dots when your in your contacts list in your phone, click settings and in that the first option is to only show contacts with a phone number.

I presume this is your first touch screen smartphone. Things will be confusing for the first week, you just sort of have to mess around with it and find things.

click the 3 little dots when your in your contacts list in your phone, click settings and in that the first option is to only show contacts with a phone number.

I presume this is your first touch screen smartphone. Things will be confusing for the first week, you just sort of have to mess around with it and find things.

You are dead right, my first. Just a little frustrated I suppose, going from an old classic nokia to this, and not understanding how to do anything. But Ill get there, thanks.... Ill keep playing with it.
    Ill try the ringtone apps now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I`ve downloaded a couple of exercise apps to try out, you know the ones that track you walking/running etc through maps and GPS.

Do these applications use much data? My phone is a work phone with a 1 GB allowance per month. Have 2 email accounts on it and facebook and twitter. Use it very rarely online. Just want to make sure I`m not eating up data with them as they stay connected to GPS.

I`m presuming(and I may be wrong) that they use data when initially finding your location through Google Maps, so I could use my wifi at home to find my location first and then head off, thus using no data?

Also I`d just be interested to know what sort of data these apps use through 3G. I`m sure I`m pretty well covered with my data allowance but as its a work phone, i dont have access to the account to see what data I am and may be using.

adox wrote: »
    I`ve downloaded a couple of exercise apps to try out, you know the ones that track you walking/running etc through maps and GPS.

Do these applications use much data? My phone is a work phone with a 1 GB allowance per month. Have 2 email accounts on it and facebook and twitter. Use it very rarely online. Just want to make sure I`m not eating up data with them as they stay connected to GPS.

I`m presuming(and I may be wrong) that they use data when initially finding your location through Google Maps, so I could use my wifi at home to find my location first and then head off, thus using no data?

Also I`d just be interested to know what sort of data these apps use through 3G. I`m sure I`m pretty well covered with my data allowance but as its a work phone, i dont have access to the account to see what data I am and may be using.

Most of em don't use a lot. I use Endomondo which is a great app and the only time it seems to use data is when I want to see the path I was running through and uploading the data to the website afterwards. First time I used this app back on Windows mobile :) Still the best running application I could find today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Try Endomondo. If you don't want to use any data while you are out, turn off your data connection and just upload your run/jog/walk by wifi when you get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there a new version of Cab Sender? I can't updated my new Cyan Lumia (it's the UK variant sim free model) but I get an error saying that the installed version of ZuneWMDU (4.8.2345.0) doesn't match the tool version (4.8.2134.0)

Doing my head in as this phone does not have the battery fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

chrislad wrote: »
    Is there a new version of Cab Sender? I can't updated my new Cyan Lumia (it's the UK variant sim free model) but I get an error saying that the installed version of ZuneWMDU (4.8.2345.0) doesn't match the tool version (4.8.2134.0)

Doing my head in as this phone does not have the battery fix.

Try this, it might help.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=17053586&postcount=716

AntiVirus wrote: »

Nope, exact same problem. I will try it on a different PC.

Worked from another computer. Thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

When is the new update coming that will update the camera?

Update in what way? I installed Tango today so I can see if new things are in there. Internet Sharing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

chrislad wrote: »
    Update in what way? I installed Tango today so I can see if new things are in there. Internet Sharing is.

Which network are you with chrislad? Hasn't arrived on vodafone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I'm still having this problem and O2 are lost as regards it..

My Lumia 800 which I bought on contract from O2 is great. I love the Windows OS and everything with it (even the camera..!) but I have issues with MMS.

Now I have the Network Settings app. If I try to send (or receive) an MMS I always get the error "Sending Failed Try Again" and if I click the link it reappears instantly without so much as making an effort. This stops when I go into the Network Settings app, change my network provider to another that I just made at random and switch back again. The phone remembers this for an hour or so but then randomly forgets these settings again. I have to repeat the process over and over.

I know it's not a big deal but it's a pain. Anyone have any idea what it is and the solution to it? I've tried rebooting the phone which doesn't work. I'm tempted to go all out and do a full reset but I'd rather not.

I have the same issue except I can't download the Network Settings app. It all went wrong after the last update. I can't send or receive mms at all. Shameful stuff in this day and age. Its a sim free phone but on O2.

jonseyblub wrote: »
    Which network are you with chrislad? Hasn't arrived on vodafone yet.

I flashed it myself though the Nokia Care Suite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Last year I used Sports Tracker on my Nokia N8. I didn't have a data package and it worked fine. It didn't use data while you are running etc. When I needed to upload my runs I just used the WiFi at home.

I see it is available for WP now too so hopefully it will be the same setup. I thought it was a great app, loads of information on it, cool UI etc. Definitely worth a try!

Advertisement