Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

There are DLC characters coming out for it, not sure when.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

well i got sf x tekken and it's a great blast.
    And there are so many buttons to bind for my controller...have to use start and select to punch and kick.

Wish it had more characters though... Actually really prefer street fighters characters dammit.
    You only need 6 buttons actually.

The rest are just macros.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh grand, I didnt pay too much attention :P
    Though there was 6 kicks and punchs and that 'specials' were extra ones you couldnt combo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Oh grand, I didnt pay too much attention :P
    Though there was 6 kicks and punchs and that 'specials' were extra ones you couldnt combo.

There's literally nothing in the game you can't do without a combination of the 3 punch and 3 kicks, you can map more functions if you like though.

Most stick users don't though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cool will do. And definitely changin pause away from r1, press it ALL the time

• Advertisement

anybody have a problem signing in to windows live to use their multiplayer key in game? Says mine is invalid, I know it's not. I can sign in in a browser...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The key is invalid or your wlid password?

Turns out my windows live account wasn't enough, I had to make an xbox live account thingie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Asuka is the best character in the game.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sweded

Woot, tried this one last day, got me addicted, I almost forgot to sleep. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Asuka is the best character in the game.

That is all.

Asuka cannot compare to the power of "Let's Get Beautiful!"

Asuka cannot compare to the power of "Let's Get Beautiful!"

I take it back, she's ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Looks like you saps guys waiting for the DLC characters to arrive don't have to wait much longer. They're dropping earlier than planned on July 31st.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/06/street-fighter-x-tekken-dlc-characters-coming-to-consoles-this-month/

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Rolento jab from +4 to 0 on block.

These changes will help the game be less poo. Wanna see the full list first tho.

Doyler01 wrote: »

These changes will help the game be less poo. Wanna see the full list first tho.

Based on what they said in the Evo Panel, this is pretty much the full list outside of glitch fixes.

Capcom are always prone to undocumented changes though.

Doyler01 wrote: »

Based on what they said in the Evo Panel, this is pretty much the full list outside of glitch fixes.

Capcom are always prone to undocumented changes though.
    Capcom in not-understanding-balance shocker.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I don't think it's fair to say that, vanilla to Super was a huge step towards balance, then people (including you I recall) moaned they wanted 3S style balance, got it in arcade edition, then moaned it was pants, and 2012 is IMO a very well balanced game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

2012 balance rules!

I want to go back over the Evo archive and watch the top 8 SFxT matches to try and give the game a chance to change my mind about my dislike/disinterest.

First time I played Smash Bros Melee in a shop, I hated it for how different it was from Smash 64, but over time it's probably become my all-time favourite game.

I'd like to see if I can enjoy SFxT on it's own merits, as opposed to disliking how it's not SF4.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I don't think it's fair to say that, vanilla to Super was a huge step towards balance, then people (including you I recall) moaned they wanted 3S style balance, got it in arcade edition, then moaned it was pants, and 2012 is IMO a very well balanced game again.
    Oi, I never once asked for 3S balance! Hell, I still prefer AE Adon for his BS wake-up timing! ;)

At best I would've been indifferent, because I knew we'd play it anyway.

*edit* D4RK_ONION is now off my Xmas list.

*edit edit*
    3S "balance" is softened with parry anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If the people working on this game think making a jab +0 on block is the way to fix it they understand even less about fighting game design than I thought.

The problem isn't jabs being plus on block, that's ridiculous. It's the lack of pushback and the fact that stand jabs hit crouching opponents universally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    and the fact that stand jabs hit crouching opponents universally.

Jesus really?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    If the people working on this game think making a jab +0 on block is the way to fix it they understand even less about fighting game design than I thought.

The problem isn't jabs being plus on block, that's ridiculous. It's the lack of pushback and the fact that stand jabs hit crouching opponents universally.

It's not mentioned there but the pushback is also being increased, or so they said on the evo panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Jesus really?

Poisons close standing jab flies over Juri. Possibly other people too.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jul/12/live-q-street-fighter-x-tekkens-producer-ayano-san-diego-comic-con-2012/

Everyone in the SFxT roster is getting tweaks whether it'll be buffs and nerfs.

I predict Lili getting nerfed hard and Asuka getting buffed a lot.

Good to have it confirmed that not just the few tweaks they showed at Evo being made.

Wall bounce ex move for Guile plz (Ric Flair chop :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

People still play this? ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Does anyone know when the DLC characters will be available? Is it this week or next?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the DLC characters will be available? Is it this week or next?

July 31st, seemingly. I'm curious whether Elena'll have that troll of a super-art.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/16/street-fighter-x-tekken-dlc-some-of-dudley-elena-lars-and-alisas-moves/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    July 31st, seemingly. I'm curious whether Elena'll have that troll of a super-art.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/16/street-fighter-x-tekken-dlc-some-of-dudley-elena-lars-and-alisas-moves/

Thanks Mr.Saturn. So we should be able to get them next Wed then.

Can't wait for Dudley. This game needs Dignity. We should call this the Gentlemen's pack. :D

Advertisement