Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    July 31st, seemingly. I'm curious whether Elena'll have that troll of a super-art.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/16/street-fighter-x-tekken-dlc-some-of-dudley-elena-lars-and-alisas-moves/
    Why don't you hack your disc and find out?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Can't wait for Dudley. This game needs Dignity. We should call this the Gentlemen's pack. :D

This game and the company that made it forever lost any dignity they had when they released a game with 12 time locked DLC characters. If I hadn't already skipped buying this game I'd be boycotting this DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Why don't you hack your disc and find out?
    ;)

'Cause it'd mean I'd have to stop playing SSFIV:AE for 10 minutes. A problem this game's often encountered when trying to secure any sort of longevity. A process not aided by the fact Capcom seem to actively try to feck it over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sairus wrote: »
    This game and the company that made it forever lost any dignity they had when they released a game with 12 time locked DLC characters. If I hadn't already skipped buying this game I'd be boycotting this DLC.

You saying Dudley has no dignity?

last-of-the-summer-wine-series-1-14-22-dvds-a901f.jpg

These men frown on your shenanigans.

Dudley_Vsed_Balrog_by_mikenart.jpg

You sir have no dignity. Just like the unruly hoodlum on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Even Dudley couldn't inject dignity into this game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Game is poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

oW71K.gif

ujy8G.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

^Both of those were already posted

If anyone wants fan reaction whiplash go back and read the first few pages where everyone was really hype.

Well ALMOST everyone....
    Aw man, SF V Tekken?

Namco are limiting themselves to that?

I was hoping for something using a better/more established series.

Like Soul Calibur.

Or Pac-Man.

I guess I got what I wanted? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Aren't the new characters out today? And the balance patch?

Anyone getting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

The patch is out, its 2mb, DLC characters appear on the select screen but you cant move the cursor over them. DLC is available on marketplace right now.

I was 60/40 leaning toward reluctantly getting this, but I assumed 360 owners would also be getting MegaMan and Pacman seeing as they are on the disc, but apparently not

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-16-mega-man-and-pac-man-never-coming-to-street-fighter-x-tekken-xbox-360

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Both the DLC characters and balance patch out today, some disappointment on SRK (and Fergus) that the only character changes they made were the ones announced at Evo, despite saying that all characters will be changed. I'm not too upset about that since my cheap characters stay cheap, and the game is only 5 months old and largely unexplored.

I will most likely not be buying the characters because of the whole DLC fiasco, although if the game was as popular as AE and I could buy Lars and Bryan separately, I'd probably fold and buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I was really hoping Asuka would get some buffs as she desperately needs some.

So much for that.

Yeah I am a big fan of Bryan myself and would probably buy him and Jack if I could on their own, but don't think I can justify the 20 quid what with... everything.

The fact that Guile and Sagat seem to be unchanged also gives me no real reason to return to the game.

don't think I can justify the 20 quid what with... everything.

Gimme Guy and Elena for 400ms points, you can keep the rest Capcom.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I was really hoping Asuka would get some buffs as she desperately needs some.

So much for that.

She doesn't desperately need them though, in my opinion. She's got high damage, good mixup, crap footsies. She's a worse Heihachi, in how they have similar gameplans but his is safer. She does have better tag cancels than him though.
    Yeah I am a big fan of Bryan myself and would probably buy him and Jack if I could on their own, but don't think I can justify the 20 quid what with... everything.

The fact that Guile and Sagat seem to be unchanged also gives me no real reason to return to the game.

What kind of changes were you hoping for Guile and Sagat, they are considered to be among, or just outside, the Top 10 of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I can't apply jab pressure with Rolento anymore?

Whats the point now, I can't inflict sodium jabs to people anymore:(

GorySnake wrote: »
    She doesn't desperately need them though, in my opinion. She's got high damage, good mixup, crap footsies. She's a worse Heihachi, in how they have similar gameplans but his is safer. She does have better tag cancels than him though.

What kind of changes were you hoping for Guile and Sagat, they are considered to be among, or just outside, the Top 10 of the game.

That's true about her damage and mixups, but her normals are pathetic, if the opponent escapes Asuka, there's not much she can do except pray on phsyhic counters or hope they don't AA her. And she's at a constant disadvantage in her CADC pressure, and she can be easily jabbed out of her overhead/df+hk if done point blank from a CADC.

She's meant to depend on her counter to force her opponents to respect her at an disadvantage so she can excel in her pressure, but the risk/reward is messed up for a point blank counter.

I'm just saying, she needs a bit of help.

I just want her st.lk to have more range so she can use it as a decent whiff punish with hk upkicks, st.mp to have more range, slightly more plus on on her CADCs and f+hk to be slightly faster.

I feel that her playstyle is just simply in the wrong game.

That's where the team aspect of the game, and where the bulk of her meter should be spent, comes into play, in my opinion.

Going back to the Heihachi comparison, I feel like once the opponent is out of his pressure, Heihachi's forced to play footsies regardless of meter since he has no safe tag moves. Most of his specials make unreliable or unsafe tag cancels. His footsie game is generally considered horrible, and it is pretty bad, because of his walk speed, but he still has good pokes with f+mp and his cr.mk st.hp chain.

Asuka on the other hand has to play the neutral game differently, you got to spend her meter on tag cancelling your point character back in. Her better (only?) pokes I think are her f+hk and df+hk. Her f+hk has good range, goes over lows, safe tag cancel into juggle, overhead, and only -2 on block. Her df+hk has decent range, for Asuka, and on block can go into upkicks tag cancel for pressure. Bad thing about that move is that it's the easiest move in the world to AC, so it's a poor choice if the opponent has 2 bars and plays a character with a good AC.

To be honest, I do think one buff she should have is juggles after her counter. It doesn't make any sense to me that Heihachi has several moves with + frame advantage for maintaining pressure can counter into a full juggle and Asuka cant.

GorySnake wrote: »
    That's where the team aspect of the game, and where the bulk of her meter should be spent, comes into play, in my opinion.

Going back to the Heihachi comparison, I feel like once the opponent is out of his pressure, Heihachi's forced to play footsies regardless of meter since he has no safe tag moves. Most of his specials make unreliable or unsafe tag cancels. His footsie game is generally considered horrible, and it is pretty bad, because of his walk speed, but he still has good pokes with f+mp and his cr.mk st.hp chain.

Asuka on the other hand has to play the neutral game differently, you got to spend her meter on tag cancelling your point character back in. Her better (only?) pokes I think are her f+hk and df+hk. Her f+hk has good range, goes over lows, safe tag cancel into juggle, overhead, and only -2 on block. Her df+hk has decent range, for Asuka, and on block can go into upkicks tag cancel for pressure. Bad thing about that move is that it's the easiest move in the world to AC, so it's a poor choice if the opponent has 2 bars and plays a character with a good AC.

To be honest, I do think one buff she should have is juggles after her counter. It doesn't make any sense to me that Heihachi has several moves with + frame advantage for maintaining pressure can counter into a full juggle and Asuka cant.

Heihachi excels in every area better than Asuka, her f+hk is quite slow and loses to non-low normals, but I agree, it's a good option if you sense they're gonna sit and block or throw out a low normal.

Her DF+hk is mediocre, it's a slow poke at 11f and easily stuffed.

While her pressure is gdlk (apart from overhead being unsafe but no one punishes it anyway lol), her neutral game is really lacking but I agree the team aspect comes in here, I use Sakura who has a pretty solid neutral game and a gdlk chain with cr.mk st.hk which I can use to tag Asuka in but the problem still exists that Asuka has trouble getting in to perform her tag cancels in the first place. She's a character that you really need to stay on your opponent with.

Personally, I think Asuka's just a character that is hard to balance, I wouldn't give her counter combo abililty, she doesn't need it imo, all she really needs is just better range on some of her normals and a frame or 2 on her CADCs and she'd be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

So, I ended up having a session with mscupcakes after popping in the disc earlier to see what the changes were like. And well... it was actually fun.

Truth be told I kind of feel like a jackass now for bashing the game so much. I guess the game can be fun as long as you don't take it seriously. Probably helped I just messed around with all the characters in the game as opposed to sticking to the same characters I used all the time when I first got it.

That doesn't mean that aren't problems, Though that has being said countless times by many others. I would consider it a game to just mess around with casually, it's good fun that way.

• Advertisement

So, I ended up having a session with mscupcakes after popping in the disc earlier to see what the changes were like. And well... it was actually fun..

I played that fella as well, beat him, , would have been GGs if he wasnt teamed up with an American Ryu dragging the connection of the match down.

The only new characters Ive used are Guy and Cody so far, other then his crouching short being total ass, he's a blast to play in SFXT.

The game is far from fixed, any games I played tonight still all ended in time outs :pac:, might not have dropped it after a week if Guy had been in it since day 1.

Uh, mscupcakes is a lady lads. Hints in the name :)

Anyone see this video from Max?

Yeah, just about no way I'm buying DLC for this now. Talk about not learning from your mistakes, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can't see the video in work so an explanation would be nice DooM.

Can't see the video in work so an explanation would be nice DooM.

While in trial mode, he has difficulty with a combo.

Dan pops up and tells him rather than actually, you know, learning to play he can just order the quick combo DLC for the trial instead...

In isolation I don't think I would have minded so much, it's a bit straw that's breaking the camels back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just to point out but that's always been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yep, like that since day one.

Really? I've never gotten it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Thinly-veiled "too good for the trials" comment

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

And the quick combos for the trials are usually free I think. Vega and how-wrong (no idea how to spell that) are anyway

Advertisement