Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Vyze wrote: »
    Er, I don't think you understand the difference between actual words and misspellings of words that look cool when you're 13.

As for notation, I could've sworn that MK had a few QCF moves? Or are they down-neutral-forward + button?

yea mate im 13 and just want people to think im kool,
    as you pointed out i don't understand spelling either so please don't point out and make fun of my learning disability, thats just mean

yea its back-down-neutral etc, down diagonals were used for teching throws in the older ones

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

No, I was pointing out that...

Actually, no, never mind. I give up. Imagine me flipping this:
    I am a table | ...ready to be flipped
    Flip me! | Do it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Soooooo.....How bout that Street Fighter x Tekken.

Only chance I've had to play was in a Gamestop (one match) using a pad vs the computer. I'd like to try it out, but I doubt I'd want to play online much til they fix..........everything. Could be fun with friends, though may have to install rules like 'x number of blocked jabs with Rolento' :D

🤪

If you're sick of Rolento, keep picking fireball characters against him until they get so sick of game freezes that they stop picking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Seriously stop typing "kommunity" and "kombos".

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Next wave of DLC Gems is arriving on June 5th.
    Hope y'all are ready to trade real money for fake money for precious gems.
    • Additional Color Palette 4 – Free
    • Wild Card Booster Pack 3* – Free
    • SF Boost Gem Pack 5 – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
    • SF Boost Gem Pack 6 – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
    • TK Boost Gem Pack 5 – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
    • TK Boost Gem Pack 6 – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
    • World Warrior Gem Pack 2** – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
    • Iron Curtain Gem Pack 2** – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
    • Lighting Legs Gem Pack 2** – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
    • Cross Arts Pack Gem Pack 2** – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
    • King of Iron Fist Gem Pack 2** – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
    • SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack – 17.99 USD/1440 MSP

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

They're f^%king kidding themselves if they think people are going to pay for DLC when the game is currently effectively unplayable online.

$18 for a pack of costumes...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

$18 for a set of 100kb unlock codes..
    FTFY :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 smayragrace

Street Fighter is one of mine Favorite Game..I like to play this game so much and You have shares really a good thread here and all the videos You Guys have posted here are quite amazing and interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I played SFxT the other day with a few friends - 2v2 the way it's meant to be played. And it was quite fun...Jab pressure is a bit much, but it can be an enjoyable game.

Seems like more of a casual / fun game for play between competitive titles though.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I played SFxT the other day with a few friends - 2v2 the way it's meant to be played. And it was quite fun...Jab pressure is a bit much, but it can be an enjoyable game.

Seems like more of a casual / fun game for play between competitive titles though.

If Maxes vids are to be believed more and more TO's are dropping it.

They're supposed to be announcing something big about it at E3. Last chance saloon tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

https://twitter.com/#!/novriltataki/status/206949965258432512
    Divekick stream viewer count is bigger than SFXT. Can we update the EVO roster?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I want a fighting game for my pc controllers, thinking of getting this, any good?

I mainly want a game I can play on one pc with 2 controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No, it's terrible. Maybe if you're just interested in it on a very casual level you'd find it alright though. Best fighting game available to buy on PC would be Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition Version 2012, in my opinion.

It's not out on PC yet, and you're better off with SSFIV:AE tbh; or wait for Skullgirls PC.

Or you can check out old-school games via GGPO.net.

Or if you're feeling adventurous, check out the doujin/indie scene.

It is out on PC Kiki.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It is out on PC Kiki.
    I shall pretend it's not.
    For extra SAN.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's not out on PC yet, and you're better off with SSFIV:AE tbh; or wait for Skullgirls PC.

Or you can check out old-school games via GGPO.net.

Or if you're feeling adventurous, check out the doujin/indie scene.
    skull girls sounds good ^^

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    No, it's terrible. Maybe if you're just interested in it on a very casual level you'd find it alright though. Best fighting game available to buy on PC would be Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition Version 2012, in my opinion.

It will be very casual gaming on pc with 2 controllers, so competitive balancing doesnt matter at all. Just fun and gfx. I can get sfxtekken for fairly cheap.

much difference in them really? The newer one sounds worse balanced but a nicer char selection for casual play. Would it be worth picking up both casually or are they too similar?

Well, SFxT has a much easier combo system to get to grips with at a casual level, I'll give it that, and if anyone that'll be playing particularly likes some of the Tekken cast that's a plus.

I think SF4 is a much better game (nothing to do with competitive balance, just think it's intrinsically more fun) but if it's just gonna be button mashing type stuff and you can get it for cheap, might be worth a go. I'd say the best FG to play on a casual level like that is probably MVC3, but sadly that didn't get a PC release.

• Advertisement

I'd still give the nod to SFIV, as even on a casual level it's easier to FINISH rounds.
    Also you don't have to worry about tagging partners in and all that fluff.

Personally, on a casual level of not learning the game in detail, SFXT is infinitely more fun than SF4. Balance and high level play is horrible, but if you just wanna punch some guys without getting competitive then SFXT is much better in my opinion.

On a casual level, SFxT is a double edged sword, there's a lot fo fun there but if someone in the group playing figures out the power of tatsu or jab then that's the game destroyed. Sure it still works at pro level. Ultimate defense is also... wrong.

SSF42012 might be less immediate fun but when people start learning a little about it (as everyone does, even super casual players) it's got way more legs.

So I guess that's your choice right there!

Honestly if you want one of the most fun (at every level) fighting games ever on PC, just get any Melty Blood game.

Thanks guys will think about it, great posts. Might get both in fact :D

Just gonna be some button bashing vs my gf who wont have played many games before. Definitley won't be abuse of powerful chars etc

what is SSF42012? Not out yet? I just see arcade edition

Thanks guys will think about it, great posts. Might get both in fact :D

Just gonna be some button bashing vs my gf who wont have played many games before. Definitley won't be abuse of powerful chars etc

what is SSF42012? Not out yet? I just see arcade edition

2012 is a patch of arcade edition, you get it for free when you buy it.

If it's just you and the GF, SFxT might even be more fun as you can play on the same side, one character each!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The only time I play SFxT is either with my gf or when I meet up with friends, and in those situations, it's a great game.

SSF4AE, however, is a better game overall. There's far more meat on the bones for a gamer.

Oh that sounds great, thanks Dr.

Might get that so. If I like it I'll pick up the arcade edition to play online myself, as you guys say it looks the better serious game.

Honestly if you want one of the most fun (at every level) fighting games ever on PC, just get any Melty Blood game.
    Too bad you basically have to pirate it (unless you don't mind paying $200 for an out-of-print first-edition Japanese Blu-Ray of Carnival Phantasm vol.4)

• Advertisement

well i got sf x tekken and it's a great blast.
    And there are so many buttons to bind for my controller...have to use start and select to punch and kick.

Wish it had more characters though... Actually really prefer street fighters characters dammit.

Advertisement