Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I played SFxT the other day with a few friends - 2v2 the way it's meant to be played. And it was quite fun...Jab pressure is a bit much, but it can be an enjoyable game.

Seems like more of a casual / fun game for play between competitive titles though.

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I played SFxT the other day with a few friends - 2v2 the way it's meant to be played. And it was quite fun...Jab pressure is a bit much, but it can be an enjoyable game.

Seems like more of a casual / fun game for play between competitive titles though.

If Maxes vids are to be believed more and more TO's are dropping it.

They're supposed to be announcing something big about it at E3. Last chance saloon tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

https://twitter.com/#!/novriltataki/status/206949965258432512
    Divekick stream viewer count is bigger than SFXT. Can we update the EVO roster?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I want a fighting game for my pc controllers, thinking of getting this, any good?

I mainly want a game I can play on one pc with 2 controllers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No, it's terrible. Maybe if you're just interested in it on a very casual level you'd find it alright though. Best fighting game available to buy on PC would be Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition Version 2012, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's not out on PC yet, and you're better off with SSFIV:AE tbh; or wait for Skullgirls PC.

Or you can check out old-school games via GGPO.net.

Or if you're feeling adventurous, check out the doujin/indie scene.

It is out on PC Kiki.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It is out on PC Kiki.
    I shall pretend it's not.
    For extra SAN.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's not out on PC yet, and you're better off with SSFIV:AE tbh; or wait for Skullgirls PC.

Or you can check out old-school games via GGPO.net.

Or if you're feeling adventurous, check out the doujin/indie scene.
    skull girls sounds good ^^

No, it's terrible. Maybe if you're just interested in it on a very casual level you'd find it alright though. Best fighting game available to buy on PC would be Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition Version 2012, in my opinion.

It will be very casual gaming on pc with 2 controllers, so competitive balancing doesnt matter at all. Just fun and gfx. I can get sfxtekken for fairly cheap.

much difference in them really? The newer one sounds worse balanced but a nicer char selection for casual play. Would it be worth picking up both casually or are they too similar?

Well, SFxT has a much easier combo system to get to grips with at a casual level, I'll give it that, and if anyone that'll be playing particularly likes some of the Tekken cast that's a plus.

I think SF4 is a much better game (nothing to do with competitive balance, just think it's intrinsically more fun) but if it's just gonna be button mashing type stuff and you can get it for cheap, might be worth a go. I'd say the best FG to play on a casual level like that is probably MVC3, but sadly that didn't get a PC release.

• Advertisement

I'd still give the nod to SFIV, as even on a casual level it's easier to FINISH rounds.
    Also you don't have to worry about tagging partners in and all that fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Personally, on a casual level of not learning the game in detail, SFXT is infinitely more fun than SF4. Balance and high level play is horrible, but if you just wanna punch some guys without getting competitive then SFXT is much better in my opinion.

On a casual level, SFxT is a double edged sword, there's a lot fo fun there but if someone in the group playing figures out the power of tatsu or jab then that's the game destroyed. Sure it still works at pro level. Ultimate defense is also... wrong.

SSF42012 might be less immediate fun but when people start learning a little about it (as everyone does, even super casual players) it's got way more legs.

So I guess that's your choice right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Honestly if you want one of the most fun (at every level) fighting games ever on PC, just get any Melty Blood game.

Thanks guys will think about it, great posts. Might get both in fact :D

Just gonna be some button bashing vs my gf who wont have played many games before. Definitley won't be abuse of powerful chars etc

what is SSF42012? Not out yet? I just see arcade edition

Thanks guys will think about it, great posts. Might get both in fact :D

Just gonna be some button bashing vs my gf who wont have played many games before. Definitley won't be abuse of powerful chars etc

what is SSF42012? Not out yet? I just see arcade edition

2012 is a patch of arcade edition, you get it for free when you buy it.

If it's just you and the GF, SFxT might even be more fun as you can play on the same side, one character each!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The only time I play SFxT is either with my gf or when I meet up with friends, and in those situations, it's a great game.

SSF4AE, however, is a better game overall. There's far more meat on the bones for a gamer.

Oh that sounds great, thanks Dr.

Might get that so. If I like it I'll pick up the arcade edition to play online myself, as you guys say it looks the better serious game.

Vyze wrote: »
    Honestly if you want one of the most fun (at every level) fighting games ever on PC, just get any Melty Blood game.
    Too bad you basically have to pirate it (unless you don't mind paying $200 for an out-of-print first-edition Japanese Blu-Ray of Carnival Phantasm vol.4)

• Advertisement

well i got sf x tekken and it's a great blast.
    And there are so many buttons to bind for my controller...have to use start and select to punch and kick.

Wish it had more characters though... Actually really prefer street fighters characters dammit.

There are DLC characters coming out for it, not sure when.

well i got sf x tekken and it's a great blast.
    And there are so many buttons to bind for my controller...have to use start and select to punch and kick.

Wish it had more characters though... Actually really prefer street fighters characters dammit.
    You only need 6 buttons actually.

The rest are just macros.

Oh grand, I didnt pay too much attention :P
    Though there was 6 kicks and punchs and that 'specials' were extra ones you couldnt combo.

Oh grand, I didnt pay too much attention :P
    Though there was 6 kicks and punchs and that 'specials' were extra ones you couldnt combo.

There's literally nothing in the game you can't do without a combination of the 3 punch and 3 kicks, you can map more functions if you like though.

Most stick users don't though.

Cool will do. And definitely changin pause away from r1, press it ALL the time

• Advertisement

anybody have a problem signing in to windows live to use their multiplayer key in game? Says mine is invalid, I know it's not. I can sign in in a browser...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The key is invalid or your wlid password?

Turns out my windows live account wasn't enough, I had to make an xbox live account thingie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Asuka is the best character in the game.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sweded

Woot, tried this one last day, got me addicted, I almost forgot to sleep. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Asuka is the best character in the game.

That is all.

Asuka cannot compare to the power of "Let's Get Beautiful!"

Asuka cannot compare to the power of "Let's Get Beautiful!"

I take it back, she's ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Looks like you saps guys waiting for the DLC characters to arrive don't have to wait much longer. They're dropping earlier than planned on July 31st.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/06/street-fighter-x-tekken-dlc-characters-coming-to-consoles-this-month/

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Rolento jab from +4 to 0 on block.

These changes will help the game be less poo. Wanna see the full list first tho.

Doyler01 wrote: »

These changes will help the game be less poo. Wanna see the full list first tho.

Based on what they said in the Evo Panel, this is pretty much the full list outside of glitch fixes.

Capcom are always prone to undocumented changes though.

Doyler01 wrote: »

Based on what they said in the Evo Panel, this is pretty much the full list outside of glitch fixes.

Capcom are always prone to undocumented changes though.
    Capcom in not-understanding-balance shocker.

I don't think it's fair to say that, vanilla to Super was a huge step towards balance, then people (including you I recall) moaned they wanted 3S style balance, got it in arcade edition, then moaned it was pants, and 2012 is IMO a very well balanced game again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

2012 balance rules!

I want to go back over the Evo archive and watch the top 8 SFxT matches to try and give the game a chance to change my mind about my dislike/disinterest.

First time I played Smash Bros Melee in a shop, I hated it for how different it was from Smash 64, but over time it's probably become my all-time favourite game.

I'd like to see if I can enjoy SFxT on it's own merits, as opposed to disliking how it's not SF4.

I don't think it's fair to say that, vanilla to Super was a huge step towards balance, then people (including you I recall) moaned they wanted 3S style balance, got it in arcade edition, then moaned it was pants, and 2012 is IMO a very well balanced game again.
    Oi, I never once asked for 3S balance! Hell, I still prefer AE Adon for his BS wake-up timing! ;)

At best I would've been indifferent, because I knew we'd play it anyway.

*edit* D4RK_ONION is now off my Xmas list.

*edit edit*
    3S "balance" is softened with parry anyway.

• Advertisement

If the people working on this game think making a jab +0 on block is the way to fix it they understand even less about fighting game design than I thought.

The problem isn't jabs being plus on block, that's ridiculous. It's the lack of pushback and the fact that stand jabs hit crouching opponents universally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

and the fact that stand jabs hit crouching opponents universally.

Jesus really?

If the people working on this game think making a jab +0 on block is the way to fix it they understand even less about fighting game design than I thought.

The problem isn't jabs being plus on block, that's ridiculous. It's the lack of pushback and the fact that stand jabs hit crouching opponents universally.

It's not mentioned there but the pushback is also being increased, or so they said on the evo panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Jesus really?

Poisons close standing jab flies over Juri. Possibly other people too.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jul/12/live-q-street-fighter-x-tekkens-producer-ayano-san-diego-comic-con-2012/

Everyone in the SFxT roster is getting tweaks whether it'll be buffs and nerfs.

I predict Lili getting nerfed hard and Asuka getting buffed a lot.

Good to have it confirmed that not just the few tweaks they showed at Evo being made.

Wall bounce ex move for Guile plz (Ric Flair chop :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

People still play this? ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Does anyone know when the DLC characters will be available? Is it this week or next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the DLC characters will be available? Is it this week or next?

July 31st, seemingly. I'm curious whether Elena'll have that troll of a super-art.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/16/street-fighter-x-tekken-dlc-some-of-dudley-elena-lars-and-alisas-moves/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    July 31st, seemingly. I'm curious whether Elena'll have that troll of a super-art.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/16/street-fighter-x-tekken-dlc-some-of-dudley-elena-lars-and-alisas-moves/

Thanks Mr.Saturn. So we should be able to get them next Wed then.

Can't wait for Dudley. This game needs Dignity. We should call this the Gentlemen's pack. :D

Advertisement