Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

It's glaring. I can't even look at my phone without sunglasses on. It's blinding. It's unthinkable. The phone is practically useless now. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Had a play with a one X today... very glad I got the s3!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

fionny wrote: »
    Had a play with a one X today... very glad I got the s3!

Same as. I went into work one morning all ready to upgrade to the One and read a few reviews again and for some reason ended up pre ordering the SIII!!!

Even the button layout on the OneX is all arse about face! no "settings" button i mean wtf... the camera that everyone seems to think is better has a full second delay and the quality is no better then the s3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone notice their S3 opening apps after unlocking it?

At first I thought it was me but definitely not now. Even when I press and hold the home button and "remove all" before locking the phone it still happens. Random apps are opened when I unlock it later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Can anyone tell me what stock firmware I should flash with Odin? I'm with Three and just want to get rid of that massive 3 logo on boot.
    I'm happy with phone otherwise so don't see any point in rooting and installing a custom rom (for me anyway).

Thanks

At first I thought it was me but definitely not now. Even when I press and hold the home button and "remove all" before locking the phone it still happens. Random apps are opened when I unlock it later

Nice use of text size...

What apps? are they syncing ones or clock etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What apps? Are you using task manager to kill apps?

fionny wrote: »
    Nice use of text size...

What apps? are they syncing ones or clock etc...
    Random ones, Facebook, StumbleUpon(which I didnt set up yet), BBC News, Nike+(that I didnt set up).
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    What apps? Are you using task manager to kill apps?

I'm holding the home button and selecting remove all as I said before. Havent used the task manager. At the minute theres no active apps.

• Advertisement

That was happening me for a while but since I got the update its been fine. Have you updated yet?

s_carnage wrote: »
    That was happening me for a while but since I got the update its been fine. Have you updated yet?

No. Did you update using Kies or? Also what network you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Any thoughts on where I could walk in and buy a SIM free Galaxy SIII in Dublin City centre over the next 2- 3 days?

Has to be SIM free as I need it for traveling.

Thanks,

DFD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Any thoughts on where I could walk in and buy a SIM free Galaxy SIII in Dublin City centre over the next 2- 3 days?

Thanks,

DFD.

Not sure about anywhere in city centre, possibly Fmmobiles.

There is however phonesonline.ie. They have it in stock and are located over in greystones co wicklow. Not too far out to be honest.

s_carnage wrote: »

No. Did you update using Kies or? Also what network you on?

No updated with Odin and just followed the instructions Captain Morgan gave a couple of pages back. Was very fast and simple.

I'm on the three network and it's been working perfectly since I updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Thanks,

DFD.

its easily unlocked once rooted i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I changed from a HTC desire to a SG S3 and whenever somone sends me a MMS message it shows as file in a sms message, file size from 29KB so i hit download and nothing happens even when i am on wifi or data connection. It says downloading and then stops and reverts back to download. I checked for downloaded files, nothing.

Why is it before that with the HTC if i was sent a MMS it came straight through as MMS picture and i could see it straight away?

Anyone any ideas as its wrecking my heading. On Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭monkeycork

i am thinking of buying this phone sim fee and checking out my options. where is the best place to buy it sim free. amazon.de? expansys? amazon.co.uk? is their any others im missing? amazon.de €578.79 16gb blue. is this the best option? i dont want a contract on bill pay as i might be moving abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Vanbis wrote: »
    I changed from a HTC desire to a SG S3 and whenever somone sends me a MMS message it shows as file in a sms message, file size from 29KB so i hit download and nothing happens even when i am on wifi or data connection. It says downloading and then stops and reverts back to download. I checked for downloaded files, nothing.

Why is it before that with the HTC if i was sent a MMS it came straight through as MMS picture and i could see it straight away?

Anyone any ideas as its wrecking my heading. On Vodafone.

I have exactly the same problem!

On Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

monkeycork wrote: »
    i am thinking of buying this phone sim fee and checking out my options. where is the best place to buy it sim free. amazon.de? expansys? amazon.co.uk? is their any others im missing? amazon.de €578.79 16gb blue. is this the best option? i dont want a contract on bill pay as i might be moving abroad.
    I went with O2 as they offer a 6month contract for this very reason. Know ill be here till Christmas but possibly not further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭plhealy2000

Anyone know why carphone warehouse are not doing this on meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

kenyard wrote: »
    stop complaining and download kies so as has been suggested 4-5 times already. or just wait another few weeks and be quiet

latest version will have brightness thing in notifications pulldown.
    also was the muting thing there always a toggle between silent/vibrate/sound?
    never realised it went to silent as well as vibrate mode

With O2, Kies tells me that 'Updating software via Kies is not available' - I think O2 have jammed it!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

This post has been deleted.

I just bought this one - €14 all in

Quite happy with it - Stable grip and rotates from Portrait to Landscape easily..

Have a look at where your cigarette charger is though as this one is an all in one connector so you need a bit of space around the socket for it to fit.

I drive an Automatic so it's not a problem for me , but it might get in the way if you're driving a manual and the socket is near the gear stick..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

With O2, Kies tells me that 'Updating software via Kies is not available' - I think O2 have jammed it!

They haven't block it. Same thing went on with the S1 and S2. They update kies and then it just works.

I don't think branded GS3 phones get the same updates the international version gets. Least not right away. (unless you rooted and/or ROMed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Varkov wrote: »
    Hey dude, I'm looking to do something similar. The only 6 month low cost plan I could find on the O2 site was the "My Choice 500" (250 minutes 250 texts + 350mb Data) at €40 a month + €359 for the phone = 599.

How did you get the 1GB data?

Looks like o2 are now charging €419 for the S3 on a 6 month €40/month contract!

So will work out at €659 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

mollser wrote: »

I get teh same messages after installing Omega 7, it was to be expected as Omega is a custom ROM, but you should not be getting it if its and O2 official ROM?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

J o e wrote: »
    A friend of mine got the S3 from Three. I got it with eMobile. He's had problems trying to play GTAIII on it, it keeps crashing on him. It works fine with me, never crashes. He's also found the home screen takes a couple of seconds to load sometimes.

Could this be down to Three bloatware on the device?

I haven't got a hands-on look through his yet, may try replacing the firmware with an unbranded version later this evening if it is.

^ Any advice on this? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

J o e wrote: »
    ^ Any advice on this? ;)
    Does he have a lot of stuff running in the background and apps installed? Open task manager and close everything first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yeah he's tried that. Also tried playing after a fresh restart, no joy....

• Advertisement

Recently updated my S3 using Odin and everything was working perfectly but only in the last week anytime I lose 3g coverage and am put on Three's 2g/Edge network it fails to switch back to 3g coverage when I return to an area where 3g is strong and available. It is strange as it was switching me between both networks for a good few days after I upgraded.

This happening to anyone else or anyone know a solution for this?

Advertisement