Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

fionny wrote: »
    It might need to be formatted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlY0mZ5LhCA

Thanks for that link. When I put my card in the "Mount SD Card" option is greyed out so I cant go any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

gazzer wrote: »
    Thanks for that link. When I put my card in the "Mount SD Card" option is greyed out so I cant go any further.

Sounds like the phone cannot read it then, try putting it in a computer and formatting it there first?

I've a 32Gb in mine with no probs. Maybe try it in a different phone too.

The only other phones I have available to me are the HTC Desire and they dont take 32GB cards. I will see if I can get a card adaptor and try it in my netbook.

I reckon it is the card but I just wanted to double check in case it could be an issue with the phone.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I've a 32Gb in mine with no probs. Maybe try it in a different phone too.

The only other phones I have available to me are the HTC Desire and they dont take 32GB cards. I will see if I can get a card adaptor and try it in my netbook.

I reckon it is the card but I just wanted to double check in case it could be an issue with the phone.

Thanks

What device was the card in before the S3? I have read of phones (nokia-windows phones spring to mind) messing up cards after they were used in them. Something to do with the way they were formatted.
    Would also suggest a fresh full format in a windows pc if you can..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    What device was the card in before the S3? I have read of phones (nokia-windows phones spring to mind) messing up cards after they were used in them. Something to do with the way they were formatted.
    Would also suggest a fresh full format in a windows pc if you can..

The card wasnt in any other machine as it was still in its packaging from when I bought it back in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Had the same problem. My card was in my previous phone and wouldn't work when I put it into the S3. I formatted it on the computer and it was fine when I put it back into my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

do a full wipe and then restore.

• Advertisement

The card wasnt in any other machine as it was still in its packaging from when I bought it back in January.

hmm then I suppose all you can do is format and hope for the best and/or return it if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

fionny wrote: »
    That looks like an excellent design!

EDIT ahhh shipping of 50USD... no thanks.

Sorry, I encountered the same issue, I got it from here in the end, no issues at all.

Mobile Fun - Exogear Car mount

yea another sammy link here: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/07/samsung-announces-august-15th-galaxy-event/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Vanbis wrote: »
    I changed from a HTC desire to a SG S3 and whenever somone sends me a MMS message it shows as file in a sms message, file size from 29KB so i hit download and nothing happens even when i am on wifi or data connection. It says downloading and then stops and reverts back to download. I checked for downloaded files, nothing.

Why is it before that with the HTC if i was sent a MMS it came straight through as MMS picture and i could see it straight away?

Anyone any ideas as its wrecking my heading. On Vodafone.

I'm still having this problem and have checked my mms setttings and i have my 3G data turned on. I got mms message sent to me and that was 40minuntes ago, still waiting on it.

Anyone have any ideas? It's annoying me that much now i think i'll sell the brick and go back to HTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

I changed from a HTC desire to a SG S3 and whenever somone sends me a MMS message it shows as file in a sms message, file size from 29KB so i hit download and nothing happens even when i am on wifi or data connection. It says downloading and then stops and reverts back to download. I checked for downloaded files, nothing.

Why is it before that with the HTC if i was sent a MMS it came straight through as MMS picture and i could see it straight away?

Anyone any ideas as its wrecking my heading. On Vodafone.

I'm still having this problem and have checked my mms setttings and i have my 3G data turned on. I got mms message sent to me and that was 40minuntes ago, still waiting on it.

Anyone have any ideas? It's annoying me that much now i think i'll sell the brick and go back to HTC.

You might be better off asking someone in the vodafone forum. Usually when there are issues with regards to mms it tends to be down to mms network settings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

hi,

in my contacts lists, every fecking email address for everyone in my gmail email past is listed.....really annoying as there would be a contact called Joe Blogs with a normal listing like his number etc, then there is loads of other Joe's with just their email address's (no numbers etc) as I never called these joe's, just emailed them thru' gmail some while ago etc.

any help in this area please?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Anybody know an app to sync peoples facebook pics to my contacts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

MidlandsM wrote: »
    hi,

in my contacts lists, every fecking email address for everyone in my gmail email past is listed.....really annoying as there would be a contact called Joe Blogs with a normal listing like his number etc, then there is loads of other Joe's with just their email address's (no numbers etc) as I never called these joe's, just emailed them thru' gmail some while ago etc.

any help in this area please?

Thanks.

In contacts, press menu then settings and select show only contracts with numbers

• Advertisement

Anybody know an app to sync peoples facebook pics to my contacts?

Friendcaster does this, very good Facebook app

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    In contacts, press menu then settings and select show only contracts with numbers

ahhh, thanks, it was doing my head in.............sorted now! Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Hey guys,

Just got this phone as an upgrade from Vodafone! Happy out so far, just a quick one, what should be the latest firmware on it? I'm doing a 'check for latest updates' and getting nothing. It says Android Version 4.0.4 but I think it's mentioned in this thread that in the top notification area, there should be an icon for brightness, I don't have this. :confused:

Apart from this, still an awesome phone, have gone from the HTC's (Desire HD, then Sensation) onto this and I'm glad I didn't go to the One, was getting a bit tiresome of the HTC's TBH.

OREGATO wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just got this phone as an upgrade from Vodafone! Happy out so far, just a quick one, what should be the latest firmware on it? I'm doing a 'check for latest updates' and getting nothing. It says Android Version 4.0.4 but I think it's mentioned in this thread that in the top notification area, there should be an icon for brightness, I don't have this. :confused:

Apart from this, still an awesome phone, have gone from the HTC's (Desire HD, then Sensation) onto this and I'm glad I didn't go to the One, was getting a bit tiresome of the HTC's TBH.

The latest Vodafone firmware isn't the latest one that gives the brightness slider in notifications. They've not released it yet.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The latest Vodafone firmware isn't the latest one that gives the brightness slider in notifications. They've not released it yet.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Any ideas on when they'll release?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Nobody knows. Do what I did when I got tired waiting - just flash the UK Generic firmware on top. No wiping, no root required.
    OREGATO wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Any ideas on when they'll release?

Hi guys,

Just another question, with the phone, there are two email apps, one is for Gmail and one is for other email.

I want to use the default non gmail one for all my accounts including Gmail as it's easier to manage all accounts.

I've added in the details but what is happening is that it's only getting mail from 2007 (i.e. at the very end of my mail box)

Has anyone come across this and can someone provide a solution, I really don't want to have to use two separate email clients on the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

I have a HTC desire and am looking to get a new phone but am out of the loop with regards whats good.

The HTC desire was the best in its day followed by the Galaxy SII and Nexus Prime.

Is the SIII the newest best android phone at the moment?
    Can it be rooted?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

UDP wrote: »
    I have a HTC desire and am looking to get a new phone but am out of the loop with regards whats good.

The HTC desire was the best in its day followed by the Galaxy SII and Nexus Prime.

Can it be rooted?

so far its between Galaxy S3 and HTC one X

and both can be rooted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

UDP wrote: »

Can it be rooted?

Go for either the One X or SIII. I had both at one stage and sold the One X, but only because the Galaxy will probably hold it's value better. The differences between the 2 are negligible. The interface on the One X is much better, but that's just personal opinion. It has all the Sense widgets etc. that you might remember from your Desire. The camera on both is excellent, again the interface on the HTC is better, but there are times when the SIII takes better pictures, it definitely takes better videos. The battery lasts slightly longer on the SIII as well, but the HTC One X probably has a better processor, and seeing as it's a Tegra 3 it gets exclusive games and excellent support. Some people say the One X looks better as well, they both look great though. The One X is a good bit cheaper, especially if you're buying 2nd hand. It has to be one of these 2 if you want the latest and greatest though

Advertisement