Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

dlofnep wrote: »
    I had never heard of this group before this, and I used to go to listen to all kinds of music. Few friends posted about it on facebook, and I thought there was a Swedish mafia living in Waterford going around stabbing people. How the **** did a no-name group get so many people there?

Sound logic: I havnt heard of them, therefore they are a no name.

Oh almighty musical guru your ideas interest me and I would like to subscribe to your news letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,544 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

gcgirl wrote: »
    My 6 yr old is mad into SHM I would of loved to bring her to see them but the knackfest put me off

She's only 6, it's not too late!

I'd start blasting her with classical music about now. She'll probably end up hating it, but it might ingrain some sort of appreciation of decent music on a subconscious level. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ever had a drink to enjoy yourself a bit more?

Yes of course I do from time to time.

But do I drink to excess? No
    Is it illegal to buy alcohol? No
    Am I contributing to crime? No
    Does it change the way I behave? No, because I know my limit. (I tend to only have one or two glasses of wine anyways)

Now substitute alcohol for drugs and ask yourself those questions. The answers will be yes

It's gas the way you can even argue this, almost every murder case in Ireland is drug related and you can be sure that this lad was off his face too. And please don't give me the lame excuse "because he combined alcohol with the drugs!" it's nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

But every time you take (some) drugs, there's a chance you're going to do something that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Like stab people.

Such a silly statement. I guess you are in favour of banning alcohol then?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I was in town the night of one of the Westlife gigs and there were lots of drunk women peeing not very discreetly down alleyways, walking in front of traffic on to the LUAS line and generally making a nuisance / danger of themselves.

I was in town the night Deadmau5 was playing in the RDS saw some fairly young people acting the maggot ,knacker drinking and randomly shouting at passers by - this was before the gig I've no doubt they were a horror show at the gig and a mess afterwards

I remember Jessie J was freaked out by the state of people at the Trinity ball

I've been to many a gig and festival where there are people who can barely stand going into the event - firstly this is a massive waste as there's zero chance they'll remember much of the gig but it seems to be something we're more prone to or acceptant of here

A lot of people set out with the intention of doing the dog on it. When those people are unsavoury types unfortunately they do things that impact on others.

Tighter security and tougher policing are the only preventive measures I can think of. Certain types of people are more prevalent at certain events but it's not fair to label everyone going as scumbags.

They are like this every chance they get, just think what happens on Paddy's day and Halloween. They are a law unto themselves.

I'm not a fan of any of the acts that played on Saturday but banning certain acts from playing or labelling fans as scum seems pretty shortsighted.

It's mortifying and depressing that that is the image of Ireland that many people will have now but scumbags are scumbags on a daily basis. Until they see consequences for their actions I'm afraid the best we can hope for is their exclusion from events we're likely to be at.

In relation to the drug deaths I just think its terribly sad. I'm not going to pass any judgement on the young people involved and feel very sorry for their family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

But every time you take (some) drugs, there's a chance you're going to do something that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Like stab people.

Such a silly statement. I guess you are in favour of banning alcohol then?
    Such a silly post. Did I suggest banning any other drugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

giggle84 wrote: »
    My 6 yr old is mad into SHM I would of loved to bring her to see them but the knackfest put me off

Good thing you didn't waste your money, I assure you you would have turned back at Heuston Station!
    The walk up I'd say was teenagers either passing out or pukefest On the pavement and completely unsure of where they were at, nothing changes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

What! No Joe??

Ah Joe, what a cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA statement on concert

http://www.thejournal.ie/swedish-house-mafia-make-statement-following-phoenix-park-incidents-514724-Jul2012/

Abit arrogant and cowardly if you ask me

They could have at least gave condolences to injured and dead not lick MCDs a*se

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

o1s1n wrote: »

She's only 6, it's not too late!

I'd start blasting her with classical music about now. She'll probably end up hating it, but it might ingrain some sort of appreciation of decent music on a subconscious level. :pac:
    They're not as bad as one dimension or Justin bloody Bieber so I'll let her listen to them Christ I'd disown her if she'd be into them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

What! No Joe??

Is he not doing it?

They're not as bad as one dimension or Justin bloody Bieber so I'll let her listen to them Christ I'd disown her if she'd be into them
    But she's 6.:confused:

Such a silly post. Did I suggest banning any other drugs?

Your views and that of others are actually the reason why this country isnt moving on with the times. Keep saying drugs are terrible and keep drinking alcohol. Stupid people in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Yes of course I do from time to time.

But do I drink to excess? No
    Is it illegal to buy alcohol? No
    Am I contributing to crime? No
    Does it change the way I behave? No, because I know my limit. (I tend to only have one or two glasses of wine anyways)

Now substitute alcohol for drugs and ask yourself those questions. The answers will be yes

It's gas the way you can even argue this, almost every murder case in Ireland is drug related and you can be sure that this lad was off his face too. And please don't give me the lame excuse "because he combined alcohol with the drugs!" it's nonsense

You are taking crap, any study of alcohol has shown that the effects of it can be exhibited after one drink.
    The statement you made that begins "Almost every murder............" is just laughable.
    Every murder has been committed by a person who has a mother, so the answer is clear to me using your thinking that people having children is the cause of all murders!
    Solution is even easier.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

http://www.thejournal.ie/swedish-house-mafia-make-statement-following-phoenix-park-incidents-514724-Jul2012/

They could have at least gave condolences to injured and dead not lick MCDs a*se

What some scummy individuals did has nothing to do with this band.

I can't why they should even say anything at all...

RVP 11 wrote: »
    But she's 6.:confused:

Stop being such a liberal PC bleeding heart dwelling in an Ivory tower. Its a failure to abandon children or send them as forced labour to the salt mines that causes things like the stabbings. Cruel to be kind.

Your views and that of others are actually the reason why this country isnt moving on with the times. Keep saying drugs are terrible and keep drinking alcohol. Stupid people in this country
    Pffftttttttt.
    The times = drugs, anti social behaviour and unemployment?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,442 ✭✭✭✭kippy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    sums up in one neat little article what is wrong with our country.... scumbags allowed to clock up numerous convictions and STILL get probation...

how many times prior to this did he get "probation" i wonder????

its ****ing sickening

Compare that to yer one who nicked 2.8 million off Adam Clayton........7 years, no messing.
    Why?

Nodin wrote: »
    Stop being such a liberal PC bleeding heart dwelling in an Ivory tower. Its a failure to abandon children or send them as forced labour to the salt mines that causes things like the stabbings. Cruel to be kind.

WTF are you on about you mental case:pac:
    She's 6, her mother is saying she'd disown her if she was listening to music designed for her age group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bluewolf wrote: »

I. Was. Joking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

WTF are you on about you mental case
    no i think theres a valid point there

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

Dr.Strange wrote: »

Least they could do is say 'condelolences to those that died'

WTF are you on about you mental case:pac:

I'm mental? Did we had have Swedish House Mafia stabbings when children were gainfully employed in mining, chimney sweeping and other industries? Not we did bloody not. Taught them the value of a good whipping, so it did. Whose the mentalist now?

Pffftttttttt.
    The times = drugs, anti social behaviour and unemployment?

No, merely not to end up with the culture that we seem to have today. You and your complete ignorance is part of the problem

Nodin wrote: »
    I'm mental?
    Sounds like it.
    Did we had have Swedish House Mafia stabbings when children were gainfully employed in mining, chimney sweeping and other industries? Not we did bloody not.
    mwahahah
    Taught them the value of a good whipping, so it did. Whose the mentalist now?
    You, still.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Dr.Strange wrote: »

I agree with you , they are not one bit at fault for this . It was all the muppets who go out looking for trouble . What still beggars belief is the fact that people could actually get their hands on weapons at a concert to stab people . It is absolute madness to think that they could have them available to them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

You are taking crap, any study of alcohol has shown that the effects of it can be exhibited after one drink.

Are you actually saying one drink is the equivalent to a pill?

You're obviously a drug user yes? Anything to justify your habit

You, still.

When some drugged up 6 year old Bieberist gives up a good stabbing, don't come bleeding over my doorstep.

• Advertisement

I agree with you , they are not one bit at fault for this . It was all the muppets who go out looking for trouble . What still beggars belief is the fact that people could actually get their hands on weapons at a concert to stab people . It is absolute madness to think that they could have them available to them .

Yes, imagine leaving knives lying round on a field.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement