Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭giggle84

lol. Clearly an expert on the subject.

Good one. Clearly a smart arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

giggle84 wrote: »
    Don't you mean condolences to those who were stabbed? The people who died killed themselves with drugs. I don't know anything about these people, might have been the nicest people ever, but if you take drugs you know the risks and if you die, well it wasn't worth the risk then was it. I feel sorry for their families at the senseless loss they must feel, but if you risk your life by swallowing/snorting/injecting something that's probably laced with rat poison, cement and god knows what else, well then you don't deserve any sympathy.

That is incredibly harsh. Even if someone committed suicide I would offer condolences to those affected. Making a bad choice or exercising poor judgement hardly means you deserve to die or are undeserving of sympathy.
    When the Irish fan drowned in Poland nobody berated his friends for losing track of him or said he should've known better than to drink to excess and go near water. Things happen to people, they can have underlying medical conditions , they can come to a misadventure, they can drink to excess and body can't handle it, maybe the odds of something bad happening increase with taking an unregulated substance but writing them off just for that is a bit much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Such a silly post. Did I suggest banning any other drugs?

Your views and that of others are actually the reason why this country isnt moving on with the times. Keep saying drugs are terrible and keep drinking alcohol. Stupid people in this country
    It's pretty apparent you have no clue what my views on drugs are and are spoofing out of your hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Laneyh wrote: »
    When the Irish fan drowned in Poland nobody berated his friends for losing track of him or said he should've known better than to drink to excess and go near water.

Maybe if more emphasis was placed on reporting the dangers of excessive alcohol consumption, and not on "heaven has gained another angel bla bla bla pillar of the community" crap - then tragedies like that wouldn't happen as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Nodin wrote: »
    No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the things she said I didn't see at all.

• Advertisement

Laneyh wrote: »
    That is incredibly harsh. Even if someone committed suicide I would offer condolences to those affected. Making a bad choice or exercising poor judgement hardly means you deserve to die or are undeserving of sympathy.
    When the Irish fan drowned in Poland nobody berated his friends for losing track of him or said he should've known better than to drink to excess and go near water. Things happen to people, they can have underlying medical conditions , they can come to a misadventure, they can drink to excess and body can't handle it, maybe the odds of something bad happening increase with taking an unregulated substance but writing them off just for that is a bit much

If someone drank 10 pints, got behind the wheel, and crashed killing themselves and maybe someone else, would you feel sorry for them? I wouldn't. Maybe it is incredibly harsh. There's a difference between someone making a decision to drive drunk and someone who drinks too much and has an accident such as falling into a river in a town they are unfamiliar with. These people didn't meet some misadventure, they put a substance in their body that is illegal, unregulated and unsafe and they died. It's sad for their families and I absolutely offer my condolences to them, as I would to the family of a suicide victim or the family of that Polish guy who killed the couple from Cork in the UK. But I don't feel sorry for him and I don't feel sorry people who die from drug overdoses. If that's harsh then it's harsh, but I'm not trying to offend anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

It's ridicirous they can't just enjoy the music and craic and instead have to start scrapping in the muck and stabbing etc etc what is wrong with that generation? Too much mollycoddling in the Celtic tiger years maybe.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

One thing is for sure,they won't be getting permits for another concert like this again thank fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

So we're all agreed with Nodin then, there is nothing to be done, nothing to see here?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If someone drank 10 pints, got behind the wheel, and crashed killing themselves and maybe someone else, would you feel sorry for them? I wouldn't. Maybe it is incredibly harsh. There's a difference between someone making a decision to drive drunk and someone who drinks too much and has an accident such as falling into a river in a town they are unfamiliar with. These people didn't meet some misadventure, they put a substance in their body that is illegal, unregulated and unsafe and they died. It's sad for their families and I absolutely offer my condolences to them, as I would to the family of a suicide victim or the family of that Polish guy who killed the couple from Cork in the UK. But I don't feel sorry for him and I don't feel sorry people who die from drug overdoses. If that's harsh then it's harsh, but I'm not trying to offend anyone.
    Many people who were sexually abused died from overdoses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Not really comparable - when someone takes drugs at a concert they're really only affecting themselves.

When someone drinks and then opts to get behind the wheel they're endangering themselves and everyone else on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Sappa wrote: »
    One thing is for sure,they won't be getting permits for another concert like this again thank fcuk.

David Guetta in Marley Park in August. Probably wont be as bad because Marley Park is a bit out of the way but there'll definately be trouble at that gig.

So we're all agreed with Nodin then, there is nothing to be done, nothing to see here?
    More drink!

Many people who were sexually abused died from overdoses

At concerts in the Phoenix Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

It's ridicirous they can't just enjoy the music and craic and instead have to start scrapping in the muck and stabbing etc etc what is wrong with that generation? Too much mollycoddling in the Celtic tiger years maybe.:mad:

in all fairness i think 44,900 of the people that went did enjoy the music and the craic out of the 45,000 that attended

this isnt somethin new that happened saturday, it happens in every city centre around Ireland every weekend and it has been for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Does anyone else find part in red to be ominous :
    SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA, the band who headlined Saturday night’s gig at the Phoenix Park in Dublin have issued a brief statement today.

Writing on their Facebook page the band said that they have asked for all the information and are planning to liase with promoters MCD directly on what they can do to help.

They also said that they have been requested by the promoters to “remain quiet and respectful of their event safety processes”..

Source : http://www.thejournal.ie/swedish-house-mafia-make-statement-following-phoenix-park-incidents-514724-Jul2012/

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

I have feeling that most of the people involved in the violence on Saturday were very much the losers of the Celtic Tiger years actually.

The problem is they have no respect for our police from a young age because our police are soft and cowardly. Essentially they have no fear for authority and feel they can act however they want.

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Not really comparable - when someone takes drugs at a concert they're really only affecting themselves.

When someone drinks and then opts to get behind the wheel they're endangering themselves and everyone else on the road.

It affects the people who get stabbed!

But you're right it is generally a bit different. Not everyone who takes drugs stabs people and not everyone who drinks drives drunk. But I don't feel sorry for the drunk who wraps his car around a tree and I don't feel sorry for the concert reveller who takes a drug that he doesn't have any idea what's actually in it, and then dies.

Why is the guy who is being charged with 4(??) stabbings only being charged with assault causing harm, and not some sort of attempted murder charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Bambi wrote: »
    lol, you really think security can give tens of thousands of people anything more than the most cursory of checks, even with metal detectors? they'd have people queuing up until the next day. It's very easy to get knives past gig security.

Just employ more people and have a one on one check and open the gates abit earlier . It looks like they will have to review their checks . I would also say if anybody refuses a check they are not allowed in . They should also be allowed deny entry to drunk people aswell .

• Advertisement

Higher wrote: »
    I have feeling that most of the people involved in the violence on Saturday were very much the losers of the Celtic Tiger years actually.

The problem is they have no respect for our police from a young age because our police are soft and cowardly. .
    What? unlike their parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Why is the guy who is being charged with 4(??) stabbings only being charged with assault causing harm, and not some sort of attempted murder charge?

Because it's unfortunate but most charges seem to be based on the extent of the injuries sustained.

I personally feel that if you stab someone you should be charged with attempted murder. It's not like you are trying to help them scratch an itch.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Clanket wrote: »

David Guetta in Marley Park in August. Probably wont be as bad because Marley Park is a bit out of the way but there'll definately be trouble at that gig.
    Recipe for disaster I'm afraid,if I had kids no way would I let them go to this as it's predictable a certain type of music genre attracts a good number of scumbags intent on causing trouble and spoiling what should be a good event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

It affects the people who get stabbed!

But you're right it is generally a bit different. Not everyone who takes drugs stabs people and not everyone who drinks drives drunk. But I don't feel sorry for the drunk who wraps his car around a tree and I don't feel sorry for the concert reveller who takes a drug that he doesn't have any idea what's actually in it, and then dies.

Some high horse you're riding around on there ! The world isn't that black and white. The deceased might well have been impressionable and influenced by their peers, tried it for the first time, been spiked, any number of factors could have led them to take whatever the took. It's tragic and sad, your lack of empathy is a bit jarring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

But every time you take (some) drugs, there's a chance you're going to do something that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Like stab people.

I've taken a fair few drugs in my youth - if the lad in question was on drugs chances are I've taken the same as him at some point. I've never had the inclination to stab anyone though, in fact I've never been in trouble while on drugs at all.

You must not see the point i am trying to make then , how they got anything in to use as a weapon is disgraceful . The security at this concert deserve some of the blame for the crap that went down . Last time I was a gig in the phoenix park I had a bag on my back and was asked to empty it and they checked every where in it . They also should have metal detectors at concerts too because you shouldn't be able to get a weapon or anything you could stab somebody with into a concert .

To be fair to MCD, at the gates they did a pretty good job of searching people, they can't do a full body search on 45,000 people, I'd still be in the queue! Security inside was another matter, absolutely minimal at best. But if the knackers didn't get their knives in they'd just use their fists, or shoes or plastic forks from the burger vans. These people will cause damage any way they can, they have no morals.

I am pie wrote: »
    It's tragic and sad, your lack of empathy is a bit jarring.

It's only tragic and sad to those who have taken similar drugs and thought "that could've been me".
    There's millions of other tragic and sad things happening in society, drug overdoses shouldn't makes us all stop and go, "dear god how could you let this happen".
    It's only sad and tragic for the families IMO, and i feel sympathy for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Recipe for disaster I'm afraid,if I had kids no way would I let them go to this as it's predictable a certain type of music genre attracts a good number of scumbags intent on causing trouble and spoiling what should be a good event.

Hopefully there is more event security and more garda controlling the OTT drinking on the way in.

Maybe a bit of sun would have everyone in better form !

• Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

You'd have a different opinion if it was someone close to you that died in similar cicumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I don't feel sorry for the concert reveller who takes a drug that he doesn't have any idea what's actually in it, and then dies.

maybe if your teenage son/daughter died from using recreational drugs you may feel different about it?

let me guess though your kids dont/wont do drugs...

i'm sure the poor families today with dead children would have said the same thing 3 days ago

RIP lads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement