Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

DB10 wrote: »
    Its an Irish country song regularly played goes....

" And its alright duh duh duh duh duh"

and its alright ......

an Irish country song it is not but anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Anyone know the soundtrack that humes over the "Green is the Colour" Doc on RTÉ?

28:30 minutes into the 30 May show.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=3303338

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Skybox

My head is wrecked trying to find lyrics for a song I heard a few times recently. It's about a woman who had been hurt before and is afraid of commitment being encouraged to open up and trust again. It's a guy possibly a boy band singing it. Does it ring any bells with anyone??? Think it was released this year or last year

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

There's an ad on RTE 2 for all the new programmes they have on etc., and the song has a lot of whistling in it, anyone any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Palytoxin wrote: »
    There's an ad on RTE 2 for all the new programmes they have on etc., and the song has a lot of whistling in it, anyone any idea?
    Have not seen the ad but maybe this???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

What's the song in the TV3 ad about all it programmes for the summer?

I know the original song is Taylor Swift - Eyes Open:

But I'm wondering if anyone knows who covered it in the TV3 ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

whats the song from the low low butter ad. sounds very roisin murphy esqe!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Anybody know the song on RTE promoting the new season of 'The Walking Dead'??

It's very dreary, sounds a bit like The National but I din't think it's them.

The only lyrics I can get from it are...

'Birds will fly to the highest...
    And spread the seed...'

Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 iamtherez

Can anyone help me with this, heard it in a shop earlier, its been wrecking my head

I can remember some lyrics "When i look into your eyes....you're fragile, you're fragile" pretty sure that was the chorus, it was upbeat pop rock, kind of an 80's feel to it! thanks

What is the name of that song for the RTE sports promo after games? Its a jazz shuffle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Anybody know the song in the RTE ad for Entourage, tried using Shazam etc, but to no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Anybody know the song in the RTE ad for Entourage, tried using Shazam etc, but to no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi,

I hope its ok to ask this here, as its driving me crazy. Does anyone know what album the attached picture is from? I cant place it. I have definitely seen it before and its driving me nuts....

Hope someone can help

David Kitt - Big Romance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Edz87 wrote: »
    What is the name of that song for the RTE sports promo after games? Its a jazz shuffle.

Not sure but there's one with Teddy Picker by the Arctic Monkeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

santino wrote: »
    Anybody know the song on RTE promoting the new season of 'The Walking Dead'??

It's very dreary, sounds a bit like The National but I din't think it's them.

The only lyrics I can get from it are...

'Birds will fly to the highest...
    And spread the seed...'

Appreciate it
    Just seen an ad for it with this in it,can't find it on YouTube
    http://m.soundcloud.com/theinsound/richard-hawley-the-wood

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Swish87

Anyone know the song that is used for the New vodafone advert? with the twins in it. Cant even seem to find the ad itself online to use Shazam!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Skybox wrote: »
    My head is wrecked trying to find lyrics for a song I heard a few times recently. It's about a woman who had been hurt before and is afraid of commitment being encouraged to open up and trust again. It's a guy possibly a boy band singing it. Does it ring any bells with anyone??? Think it was released this year or last year

Sounds a bit like Heart Vacancy by The Wanted going on your description. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Thanks Cambo
    Ya that's it, can't find it on Youtube either

Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 albino

Please Help!! the song used in the ads/ trailer on rte for the show "Revenge"
    Sort of choral indie female vocal. Tried shazaming it but too much dialogue on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shamrockone

albino wrote: »
    Please Help!! the song used in the ads/ trailer on rte for the show "Revenge"
    Sort of choral indie female vocal. Tried shazaming it but too much dialogue on it..

The answer to your query is; Marina and the Diamonds ~ Numb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 albino

Shamrockone, thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Prometheus

Any idea of song playing during latest ads for Britain and Ireland,s next top model. Tanx

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jkdr

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Skybox

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

Sounds a bit like Heart Vacancy by The Wanted going on your description. I could be wrong though.

Thanks Jane

Not the one I was looking for but appreciate the post. Last heard it maybe three months ago on the radio!! Still wrecking my head

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AsanteSamuel22

Anyone know what the upbeat foreign song in the rte cougar town ad is??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dizzer

i registered specifically to ask this so i hope someone can help.

the new rte advert for "revenge" has a really slow carribean steel drum kinda feel to it, anybody know it?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Thanks Jane

Not the one I was looking for but appreciate the post. Last heard it maybe three months ago on the radio!! Still wrecking my head

No problemo.. I'll keep my ears open, you never know, I could hear it.

Does anybody know the song that's playing from around 1:29 to about 2:53?

It's wrecking my head. All sites I've been on are saying it's Everyday is Exactly The Same by NIN but the lyrics aren't what I'm hearing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gina85

Hey there,
    Does anybody know the song to the TV3 Ad for their Temple Street Hospital programme. It's a kind of upbeat piano with a guy singing what sounds like not walking away, not walking away. Probably totally wrong but its what is sounds like in my head :-)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cherryblossom75

Anyone know what is the name of the artist that is played on the trailer for Saving Megan, Temple Street Hospital on TV3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Anyone know the music from the ad for the New Criminal Minds season on RTÉ?

Advertisement