Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

So glad I've found this thread here. I've heard a song from an old Premiership Years on Sky Sports a couple of days ago and then heard it again on Friday in Olympics' Most Amazing Moments and it's been wrecking my head since. It's featured here but there's no discernable lyrics and no way of identifying it otherwise:

It starts at the 1:42:53 mark and pretty much goes til the end of the clip.

Many thanks in advance to whomever identifies it.

Wake Up by Arcade Fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

flyswatter wrote: »
    Wake Up by Arcade Fire.

Well that it is an absolute relief. Thank you from the highest heavens or whatever domain might be acceptable as a substitute. That was gonna drive me mad. I'm gonna thank the hell out of this post.

Well that it is an absolute relief. Thank you from the highest heavens or whatever domain might be acceptable as a substitute. That was gonna drive me mad. I'm gonna thank the hell out of this post.

No problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Hoggy1000 wrote: »
    Right was looking through my old itunes today before i wiped it clear off the old computer and I found an old proper mainstream pop/rock song from im guessing between 2005-2009.

I cant remember the artist/lyrics or the name of the song but all I can remember was the music video.

It was a band playing on a stage in a large red building and the lead singer had long black hair and was wearing awfully tight red skinny jeans.

If anyone has a clue what the song was please let me know otherwise its going to wreck my head for days!

The band name was a bit unusal aswell if that helps?

Sounds a bit like The Hives.

Hey there, I'm looking for a dance tune I heard out last night. I have a part of it recorded on my phone but the quality is cat and Shazam cant pick it up. It's a woman singing at certain parts of it and it's quite slow but then it gets really fast. I don't like to give out words when I'm not 100% sure what they are but some of the lines sound like "In my life this what the wait has been for" and then I also think there was a mention of a broken heart too. Was too drunk to remember it any clearer and the recording is infuriatingly unclear!

Any help is appreciated!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Swish87 wrote: »
    Anyone know the song that is used for the New vodafone advert? with the twins in it. Cant even seem to find the ad itself online to use Shazam!

Bump. Shazam doesn't seem to recognise it when I use my phone when it's on the TV.

Seems to be a remix of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yC_ONRzemw

another bump.(apologies!!) Tried Shazam too and nothing.. "it takes two"...anyone out there that can help on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Could it be Breath of Life by FATM? They did it for the Snow White and the Huntsman soundtrack, don't think it was released as an actual single.

No, it definitely isn't that one. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I imagine this will be a very difficult one to pin down, it's driving me mad.

As far as I know, its a current song. I've heard in a few bars and on the radio. It sounds a lot like something Florence and the Machine would but having listened to all the singles they've ever released, I'm sure it isn't.

Basically, that's all I have to go on. It sounds a lot like Florence and the Machine but it isn't. It's current but I've searched the singles chart and haven't found it. The only thing I can say about the song is that it's very powerful. The music rises really strongly right before the chorus. Unfortunately, I can't make out any of the words very clearly. There's possibly something about "we broke the rules" in the build-up to the chorus but searching for this has taken me further away. I'm certain the song is in English and if I had to guess, the singer is an English woman, but wouldn't be certain.

As you can see, this is incredibly difficult to pin down for me. Any ideas.

Something by Paloma Faith or Lana Del Ray maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Something by Paloma Faith or Lana Del Ray maybe?
    I've listened to a few Lana del Rey songs and it doesn't sound like it'd be her style. I'll give Paloma Faith a go, but from what I know of her, I don't think it will be her either.

Ellie Goulding perhaps?

• Advertisement

homerjk wrote: »
    Hey there, I'm looking for a dance tune I heard out last night. I have a part of it recorded on my phone but the quality is cat and Shazam cant pick it up. It's a woman singing at certain parts of it and it's quite slow but then it gets really fast. I don't like to give out words when I'm not 100% sure what they are but some of the lines sound like "In my life this what the wait has been for" and then I also think there was a mention of a broken heart too. Was too drunk to remember it any clearer and the recording is infuriatingly unclear!

Any help is appreciated!!

Thank God! Hit me like a bolt today when I remembered it was "In my mind" rather than "In my life" which lead me to this...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Hey all,

Does anyone know the song that starts playing around 01.08.30 mark?

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=10038539

Thanks in advance.

Hey all,

Does anyone know the song that starts playing around 01.08.30 mark?

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=10038539

Thanks in advance.

Fire by Kasabian.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Fire by Kasabian.

You are an absolute legend! Thanks very much

You are an absolute legend! Thanks very much

No bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sazcollins

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the song played to introduce the 'Special Song' part of the Will Leahy show on 2fm at approx. 5.30 weekdays is?! It's been bugging me for months!

Thanks!

Sazcollins wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the song played to introduce the 'Special Song' part of the Will Leahy show on 2fm at approx. 5.30 weekdays is?! It's been bugging me for months!

Thanks!

Do you have a link and the time the song starts at?

Yeah its http://2fm.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=1%3A3352419%3A912%3A25%2D07%2D2012%3A at 1:05:34. I think used to be in an ad for a newspaper or something years ago.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Sazcollins wrote: »
    Yeah its http://2fm.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=1%3A3352419%3A912%3A25%2D07%2D2012%3A at 1:05:34. I think used to be in an ad for a newspaper or something years ago.

It's "You're So Cool" from the True Romance soundtrack.

which also sounds a lot like Carl Orff's Gassenhauer

It could be either of them, but I think it's the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Anyone know the song from the new Heinz Ketchup ad?

• Advertisement

It's "You're So Cool" from the True Romance soundtrack.

which also sounds a lot like Carl Orff's Gassenhauer

It could be either of them, but I think it's the first one.
    When you're good you're good! I'd say you are right on it being the first one but I had the second song in my head all along!! Mindreader!!

Thank you so much, that has really eased my brain :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Calleja

Anyone know the song that starts at 00:22 in the video below? The narrator speaks over the lyrics at 01:02 so I can't google them :(

Calleja wrote: »
    Anyone know the song that starts at 00:22 in the video below? The narrator speaks over the lyrics at 01:02 so I can't google them :(

It's this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Calleja

It's this.

Thanks, flyswatter. I never would've found it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

This has been killing me the last few days..

Im trying to identify an electronic song that i was convinced was m83

The music in the verse is a fairly big sounding bassy synth and a soft male vocal over the top. Lots of quick glitchy noises over the top

the rhythm of the vocal (I cant believe im doing this) is

la la...la....la la la.....la laaaa laaaa

Ive heard it on a couple of soundtracks and out and about a few times..

It sounds like it could be on the Drive soundtrack, but its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

novarock wrote: »
    This has been killing me the last few days..

Im trying to identify an electronic song that i was convinced was m83

The music in the verse is a fairly big sounding bassy synth and a soft male vocal over the top. Lots of quick glitchy noises over the top

the rhythm of the bass (I cant believe im doing this) is

la la...la....la la la.....la laaaa laaaa

Ive heard it on a couple of soundtracks and out and about a few times..

It sounds like it could be on the Drive soundtrack, but its not.

Stab in the dark here based on it being a popular enough song with a heavy bassline similar to what you described:

No, its not LCD, much more relaxed chilled vibe, 90 - 100bpm, cheers though.

edit - I thought it was midnight city by m83... so that kind of vibe. similar vocal

What soundtracks was it on?

i thought I heard it in the five year engagement recently, checked it, coouldnt find it.

I think the chorus lyric is something like "shes always in control" its a climbing vocal, quite a high note..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Advertisement