Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Sútalún wrote: »
    Shuffle Your Feet by the Kinetics :)

Bit of a late reply but thank you for that!!! You've just given me the gift of music, I love that song :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cmcgu07

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows a song that goes like this "It's all just a way to make it through the day I see you in my coffee I see you in my dreams". I tried youtubeing the lyrics and I can't find it anywhere , Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cmcgu07

Does anyone knows a song that goes like this "It's all just a way to make it through the day I see you in my coffee I see you in my dreams". I tried youtubeing the lyrics and I can't find it anywhere , Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what was that african song that was a hit in the late 90s?? around 98ish

it was sung in an african language

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

fryup wrote: »
    what was that african song that was a hit in the late 90s?? around 98ish

it was sung in an african language
    What genre?
    Only one I can think of is Yeke Yeke by Mory Kante.
    Can't find a YouTube vid on mobile site but here's a link
    http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xaltv_mory-kante-yeke-yeke_music

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no thats not it

its an upbeat dance number, it starts with a guy calling out in the background, late 90s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no thats not it

its an upbeat dance number, it starts with a guy calling out in the background, late 90s

Can you remember the music video?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no thats not it

Ah,dance.....
    Would it be Dario G Sunchyme??
    No calling out in the background and it's more African chanting than singing but it's all I can think of at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Ah,dance.....
    Would it be Dario G Sunchyme??
    No calling out in the background and it's more African chanting than singing but it's all I can think of at the moment.

Yeah, that's the one I had in mind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no thats not it

This is what I thought of but I dunno if it fits the description:

• Advertisement

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Good shout,that's gotta be it.

reap-a-rat wrote: »

thats the one thanks :)

heard it on the radio the other day, and it was wreckin my head trying to put a name to it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Anyone know the song in the background of this video? I can't make out the lyrics.

I tried "I'll say, it's a beaut" but no luck so I don't think that's the lyric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Slydice wrote: »
    Anyone know the song in the background of this video? I can't make out the lyrics.

I tried "I'll say, it's a beaut" but no luck so I don't think that's the lyric

Nesakyk Mamai - No Front Teeth

It's gonna be a hard one to track down...

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I heard a song on classic hits 4fm this morning while in bed, around 7am ish. The only lyric I can remember is something like, kiss me in the night... It was a pretty upbeat song. I can't find it through google, so I reckon my lyric must not be correct.

Any help? Thanks.

Found it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgSyB5xSo2U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

…Already answered

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jessie5

would anyone happen to know who sings the nokia ringtone with words "take my hand and walk with me" and then something about "coming home" and where i can get it from. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

jessie5 wrote: »
    would anyone happen to know who sings the nokia ringtone with words "take my hand and walk with me" and then something about "coming home" and where i can get it from. thanks

2273Cher-Profile.jpg
    Walk With Me

Cher

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Nesakyk Mamai - No Front Teeth

It's gonna be a hard one to track down...

Awesome, Thanks a million.

That helped me "track it down" ;):D

I found it as: Metal on Metal - No Front Teeth
    The lyrics are here: http://lyrics.dainutekstai.lt/841928/metal-on-metal-no-front-teeth.htm
    Metal On Metal - No Front Teeth

Offence!
    It's on you!
    Break-through!
    It's on you!
    Break!

Full version on youtube:

Live version:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Aidan_a

Does anyone know the song on the johnston mooney and o'brien bread ad?

Great song. No mention of it in the description of the video, and the comments are saying it was specially commissioned for the ad, dunno but great song either way..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

A long shot, I know, but I'd be interested to find out the Lotto theme music from around 2000-2001 for a project I'm working on. There's a selection of it here from 2:38 in this video.

Any help at all would be appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 techair

Was out last night and heard that Dance song with the guy going "Ayeee ayeee aye". some high pitch rapper guy in the song..It's always played in Coppers if that's any help!:D

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Looking for the artist or name of a pretty old Indie song - prob around 10-15 yrs ago. The chorus sounds like Isobelle or Isabelle and the name is repeated on numerous occasions. Kind of a haunting Indie song. I have googled it but its just coming with Dido and Bjork so i must have the wrong name of the song.
    Any help?

Warper wrote: »
    Looking for the artist or name of a pretty old Indie song - prob around 10-15 yrs ago. The chorus sounds like Isobelle or Isabelle and the name is repeated on numerous occasions. Kind of a haunting Indie song. I have googled it but its just coming with Dido and Bjork so i must have the wrong name of the song.
    Any help?
    Probably miles out with this but it's the first thing that came into my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

Warper wrote: »
    Any help?

diane by therapy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭allybhoy

techair wrote: »
    Was out last night and heard that Dance song with the guy going "Ayeee ayeee aye". some high pitch rapper guy in the song..It's always played in Coppers if that's any help!:D

Thanks!!

this it?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What is the song used in the current JMOB ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 debsc

Whats the name of the song that vodafone use on for their hold music? Its the same one they've been using for the past few years if thats any help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

anyone know the name of the song when danny green was killed in kill the irishman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

does anyone know the song used in the current desperate housewives (for the finale) ad on rte 2??

Advertisement