Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Is this the ad?

"It was actually especially commissioned for our TV ad to reflect how we should all say ‘Yes’ more! It's called “Listen to my Heart” and was written and composed by Robin Datta at Mushka Music. The publisher is SGO Publishing. As it’s only a sample track you can’t download it at present, but we’ll keep you updated on future availability."

That's the one. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alonwi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbFIUlQheQ

Brice Davoli feat Valerie Deniz - Stay With Me =)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 48 conor86

The song form RTE 2 summer session

Lykke li- I follow rivers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS6wfWu0JvA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

rocky road to dublin instrumental...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Need help with a song, a really famous Dance song from the 90's with not too many words, but one of the lines is along the lines of "you don't have to be alone"

I know how the main recognisable part sounds but obviously can't show you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Need help with a song, a really famous Dance song from the 90's with not too many words, but one of the lines is along the lines of "you don't have to be alone"

Trance? House? Commercial dance?
    Male or female vocalist?

It's hardly Olive - You're Not Alone??
    or Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Can you help me out please...

I'm trying to think of the name of a song by a britpop band which I think had it out in the early noughties.

The video used to be on mtv quite a bit and from what I remember it was set in a girls school. The boy group were trying to avoid getting caught by the nuns. I remember the girls were signing "boys" over and over again. I think it was quite controversial at the time as it involved nuns, scantily glad teenage girls and also naked guys running around and hiding in cupboards etc.

That's all I can remember, would love to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

I reckon its could be one of these songs....

Please tell me it's not this????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Please tell me it's not this????

That's the one! Jesus forgot how bad it was.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 chenwc

Hi,

Please tell me the title of this song?:confused::confused:

http://youtu.be/8oLm-4_QIZk

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chenwc

Hi Folks,

Please help find the title of this song.

http://youtu.be/8oLm-4_QIZk

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Itchianus

There's an ad on Sky Living at the moment (at least the last couple of days) for "Nikita" - does anyone know what the song playing in the background is? I feel like I know who the band is, but it just won't come to me... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

What's the song on the Revenge ad? , Sounds like it's by Glen Hansard
    Lyrics are "I'm not leaving" as far as I can make out,

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭WealthyB

Swish87 wrote: »
    Anyone know the song that is used for the New vodafone advert? with the twins in it. Cant even seem to find the ad itself online to use Shazam!

Same here. There is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IBRbzf3Fws&feature=youtube_gdata_player but its obviously a new remix. No joy on Shazam / Google Ears either.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

matt.finn wrote: »

I haven't seen the Revenge ad but this song instantly came to mind;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Trying to think of a song heard in a bar last night -it's an old song and sounds very Motown but slow and sultry to start with the word "Tonight... doo doo doo (heavy bass sound) followed by more quietly spoken lyrics before breaking off into a sort of crescendo that sounds like "it's the dawn/start of a seeeeeaaa-sonnnn" (may or may not be actual words)

I know it's a pretty popular song and I'm quite sure it's been used in an ad before -my friend claims its from Forrest Gump but I haven't found there from searching the soundtrack :confused:

Syndic wrote: »
    I haven't seen the Revenge ad but this song instantly came to mind;

Nail on the head there, Thanks a million!

gara wrote: »
    Trying to think of a song heard in a bar last night -it's an old song and sounds very Motown but slow and sultry to start with the word "Tonight... doo doo doo (heavy bass sound) followed by more quietly spoken lyrics before breaking off into a sort of crescendo that sounds like "it's the dawn/start of a seeeeeaaa-sonnnn" (may or may not be actual words)

I know it's a pretty popular song and I'm quite sure it's been used in an ad before -my friend claims its from Forrest Gump but I haven't found there from searching the soundtrack :confused:
    Probably not but description sounds a little like Nina Simone-Feeling Good???

• Advertisement

Probably not but description sounds a little like Nina Simone-Feeling Good???

Thank you but no, there's more of a very slow, sexy sound at the start before becoming more... triumphant? towards the end -very motown feel, pretty famous and I'm almost 100% its been used in an ad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Long shot but is this it?

vektarman wrote: »
    Long shot but is this it?

Oh my God, YES!!!! That is it -thank you so very much, you've made my day! :):)

There's a song I'm trying to remember, but really can't - I remember the video quite vividly but that's it and think the artists first name might be Tom something and it's mostly using loops.

The video starts off with a shot of a kitchen and he picks up a saltshaker and starts shaking it, then loops the sound, and does various things like that around the kitchen before moving around the flat into a sound studio, where there's a lot of instruments and he continues playing the song like that. It's all filmed in black and white.

Pretty vague, but I remember how good the song was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Oh my God, YES!!!! That is it -thank you so very much, you've made my day! :):)
    No probs, always nice when a rare tune is the right one...:)

There's a song I'm trying to remember, but really can't - I remember the video quite vividly but that's it and think the artists first name might be Tom something and it's mostly using loops.

The video starts off with a shot of a kitchen and he picks up a saltshaker and starts shaking it, then loops the sound, and does various things like that around the kitchen before moving around the flat into a sound studio, where there's a lot of instruments and he continues playing the song like that. It's all filmed in black and white.

Pretty vague, but I remember how good the song was.
    That sounds really familiar.
    Someone else has been looking for it on another site,another description might refresh someones memory
    The whole video is shot in one take, no cuts. The artist starts in a kitchen and makes a beat by turning the coffemachin on and off, playing on some spoons, playing maraccas on a coffecan. This sound i looped so that he "builds up" the beat. I belive the loops are added afterwards, he dosent have any pedal in the video.

Then he starts to sing, and walks to the next room wich is a studio. There he plays many instruments. Piano, guitarr, drums. All this builds up to a nice song.

I belive that the songs chorus included something like "I hate you" or something like that. Even though it was a nice soft song.

That sounds really familiar.
    Someone else has been looking for it on another site,another description might refresh someones memory

That's precisely it! If I could remember some lyrics, I could try and look with them on Google to see if I can find the song, but I really can't.

Think I found that other site you were talking about, but nobody answered it there.

Through searching for the random keywords - "looping" sound "one take" coffee machine - I came across this pretty vague site and lo and behold, there's the name of the song and the artist:

David Ford - Go to Hell

Cheers for mentioning that there was a coffee machine, that's what found it for me.

Cheers for mentioning that there was a coffee machine, that's what found it for me.
    Nice one,I searched a few of those words myself but got absolutely zilch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Swish87 wrote: »
    Anyone know the song that is used for the New vodafone advert? with the twins in it. Cant even seem to find the ad itself online to use Shazam!

Bump. Shazam doesn't seem to recognise it when I use my phone when it's on the TV.

Seems to be a remix of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yC_ONRzemw

• Advertisement

The problem with a lot of songs on adverts is that sometimes the artist gets commissioned to do the song specifically for that, so you'd be hard pushed to find the song anywhere else.

I'll take a quick look and let you know what I come up with.

Came across this and I'm just going through to see if I can find the specific name for that advert and then working from there.

The link I provided above seems to be just for the Indian Vodafone site - didn't realize, will check to see if they've similar on the UK/Irish one.

Advertisement