Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nertballs

what's the song on the Craig Doyle advert before desperate housewives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Hi folks ,

Would be eternally thankful if someone could tell me what the tune is from 8:02 to the end??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QDZggqCZos&feature=autoplay&list=UL-raYgOmYPvQ&playnext=1

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is the song used in the current JMOB ad?

according to the youtube video its called "When the world was yours and mine",
    which was composed by Kevin Breathneach and Billy Larkin and sung by Mark Kilbride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Zq2fT8pMo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i remember sfa about this song I just remember kinda liking it when it came out
    i dont even remember much about the song except i think the chick mentions "sunshine" a lot. or maybe just the sun

the video had a young indian girl wandering around some english city yelling about sunshine.. would have been release in the early part of the last decade.. maybe it did well, I dont know I just remember seeing it everywhere for a short period and then never saw it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i remember sfa about this song I just remember kinda liking it when it came out
    i dont even remember much about the song except i think the chick mentions "sunshine" a lot. or maybe just the sun

the video had a young indian/english girl wandering around some english city yelling about sunshine.. would have been release in the early part of the last decade.. maybe it did well, I dont know I just remember seeing it everywhere for a short period and then never saw it again

--edit
    nevermind, soon as I finished this post her first name popped into my head and I was able to google to find the song. weird how the mind works.

was remi nicole - go mr sunshine, in case i'm wrecking anybodys head trying to remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 cheekanery

Did anyone hear the song that played at the end of Xposé on tv3 today?

Can only thing of 2 lines "not coming home until the moonlight shines" and "let's go back to that little place where we used to go in the summer". Does anyone know it?

I think I heard it on a Mother's Day video. A female singer and an acoustic guitar. Here is a video of the song, from the beginning until 1:45: http://vimeo.com/42165963

And the lyrics that I hear:
    let's go back to that little place
    where we used to go in the summer days

the larch(?) by the water's still my favorite place
    and I could come every year and it wouldn't change

let's go back to that little place
    where we used to go in the summer days

Anybody know this song? I can't seem to find it anywhere online, and Shazam can't tag it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

On an epsiode of Corrie over a week ago when David gets drunk with Nick. They're at Davids house and David puts on a song while they sit on the couch and he says that Kylie likes this song.

What song is it does anyone know? All I remember is that it was a girl singing and there was strong loud piano at the start. I think some of the lyrics are "They say that......" Or "I can say..." or possibly "I can see....." It says one of thos three at the start of every line for the verses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Video like from years ago and the girl is running from the police and she kisses someone and they get turned into a lizard????????? Dance song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Video like from years ago and the girl is running from the police and she kisses someone and they get turned into a lizard????????? Dance song?
    This it???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This it???

Yes! Thanks

• Advertisement

eire1 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the song in the new Ethiad Airways ad? It ends with the two guys sitting beside each other on a bus. I can't find a link.

It was Emirates actually. The song is called trek and the band is called Antfood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Anyone know what the song on this Kerry Low Low ad is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

THere's this song, it's really creepy sounding, basically a female sounding voice making "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sounds and weird instrumentation that keeps building to crescendoes throughout the song. I think the artist is called "Monkey" or some variant thereof.
    Anyone have a ****ing clue? :D

THere's this song, it's really creepy sounding, basically a female sounding voice making "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sounds and weird instrumentation that keeps building to crescendoes throughout the song. I think the artist is called "Monkey" or some variant thereof.
    Anyone have a ****ing clue? :D

It might be it's oh so quiet by Bjork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

It might be it's oh so quiet by Bjork

Ah no, hahahaha that's not it, but thanks anyway!
    What I meant is that there aren't really any discernable lyrics, just hissing sounds, and it's really creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Isnt there a better mix for this song "Michel Telo - Ai Se Eu Te Pego" Its usually played on the radio but with an accordian i think played in the background. Anyone know where i can find and listen to that mix please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Isnt there a better mix for this song "Michel Telo - Ai Se Eu Te Pego" Its usually played on the radio but with an accordian i think played in the background. Anyone know where i can find and listen to that mix please?

Yes try youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcm55lU9knw&ob=av2n

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Kolido wrote: »

Nope, not the one i'm looking for. I think its a female singer that does the remix but cant find who. Anyone else know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

hi guys,
    There is a new mcdonalds ad on TV at the moment-seen it last night on the box, and there is a lovely tune in the background to it. Gosh wish could describe it more - does anyone know the ad am talking about/the tune?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Beethoven's Moonlight sonata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 shampoo1

Hiiii,

In the ad on RTE 1 for the The Saturday Night show does anyone know the band/songs music that is playing?
    I used to have the song on my laptop in 2005 after hearing it on an energy or household bill ad from that time but Ive since lost it and forgotten it again :(:(

ANY HELP? xxx

I was listening to Newstalk about 2 weeks ago and they had a song from the Marley soundtrack, it was an acoustic cover of one of his songs. It was a male artist but I cant remember for the life of me who or what song it was!

I hope that is vague enough haha sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

skwinty wrote: »
    does anyone know the song used in the current desperate housewives (for the finale) ad on rte 2??

The background music was made specifically for the ad and a full song doesn't exist.

Hey there,

Does anyone know the music at the start of this video?

Thanks in advance,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Requiem for a Dream. Vangelis, I believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Does anyone know what the song is playing in the background on RTE for that new show Revenge that is starting? It sounds like it could be Marina and the Diamonds but I'm not sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

reap-a-rat wrote: »

You mean Requiem for a dream (Lux Aeterna) by Clint Mansell?

Does sound like it but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Kolido wrote: »
    reap-a-rat wrote: »

You mean Requiem for a dream (Lux Aeterna) by Clint Mansell?

Does sound like it but I'm not sure.

That's what I meant alright, vangelis does that other one! I admit I didn't listen for long but that's what it sounded like to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lim1986

It's called Numb by Marina and The Diamonds. Spent a LONG time trying to find it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Thank you! That was bugging me all night last night! ;) and when I looked through her songs on Youtube I didn't come across that one!

Advertisement