Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yep..typical EA login issus..fortunately it only lasted about 15 mins..
    It affected all those authentication servers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

I eventually got on but then after a short while I got kicked by punkbuster,not sure why and then couldn't get back on server.maybe next time

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

some good games last night :)

I eventually got on but then after a short while I got kicked by punkbuster,not sure why and then couldn't get back on server.maybe next time

What was the error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

is this server ever full? everytime i look it always is empty :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

conor360 wrote: »
    is this server ever full? everytime i look it always is empty :/
    After 8:30-9pm most nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Blazer wrote: »

What was the error message?

I can't remember exactly, I think it just said "punkbuster has kicked you.failed to connect" or something like that and then i tried to rejoin but it wouldn't connect.

I can't remember exactly, I think it just said "punkbuster has kicked you.failed to connect" or something like that and then i tried to rejoin but it wouldn't connect.

try it again and if it doesn't work you might need to ownload pbsetup and manually update punkbuster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Any chance you could add the M320 smoke to the shotgun only mod? Just for comedy value. It's more or less a shotgun with a solid slug and magic smoke effects.

Mantel wrote: »
    Any chance you could add the M320 smoke to the shotgun only mod? Just for comedy value. It's more or less a shotgun with a solid slug and magic smoke effects.
    I can't find a listing for the smoke launcher, but the plugin writer's website is down so I can't make sure. BF3 servers don't report on half as much stuff as BC2 ones did - weapon accessories included. The only difference being with the smoke is that it doesn't have to be an accessory and can be selected seperately as a secondary weapon. I'll check again later and see if it'll work.

EDIT: it seems to be just me that's having problems accessing it....

EDIT EDIT: okay, can access it again. It appears all M320 weapons are reported by the server as M320, so it's not possible to differentiate between buck, smoke or grenade. Having said that, there might a way to allow the M320 while stopping people using explosives, so that would stop the grenade luncher, as well as allowing the M320 buck. Will look into it further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

That would be awesome but don't worry about it if it going to take awhile to figure out.

Decryptor wrote: »
    I can't find a listing for the smoke launcher, but the plugin writer's website is down so I can't make sure. BF3 servers don't report on half as much stuff as BC2 ones did - weapon accessories included. The only difference being with the smoke is that it doesn't have to be an accessory and can be selected seperately as a secondary weapon. I'll check again later and see if it'll work.

EDIT: it seems to be just me that's having problems accessing it....

EDIT EDIT: okay, can access it again. It appears all M320 weapons are reported by the server as M320, so it's not possible to differentiate between buck, smoke or grenade. Having said that, there might a way to allow the M320 while stopping people using explosives, so that would stop the grenade luncher, as well as allowing the M320 buck. Will look into it further.

There's no way unfortunately, it's one of the limitations the proconrulz developer calls out and won't change unless BF3 differentiates between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Well, how did the game with AnR go??

RustySpoon wrote: »
    Well, how did the game with AnR go??
    Very well, but we've decided not to have another clanwar for the forseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Unless its against a team of similar skill level (so start searching the conference :P )

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Unless its against a team of similar skill level (so start searching the conference :P )

Not a question of skill but a matter of tactics and coordination.
    I'd rank the players themselves as good but their tactics were spot on against us.
    If it was another clan who were practicing 2 or 3 times weekly they'd have a far tougher match.

For these games you must spend 2-3 hours a week going through tactics/map overviews, potential chokepoints etc.
    I remember in my first BF2 clan in some of these sessions we wouldn't even be shooting, just walking the map and identifying key areas, how to attack them, how to defend them etc.
    Everyone would be assigned a kit regardless if they liked it or not...if they didn't they were quite simply disregarded for the match roster if they didn't abide by the rules.
    On vent we have the commander/squad leaders and that was that. Each soldier knew their job and stuck to it rigidly or they were called out on it in the post match analysis.
    This is what it takes to win these matches..not playing a few nights on Craggy or any other server and showing up on match night.

And I just noticed..some cúnt has complained my sig again...what a fúcking wanker..prob fúckall else to do but sit at home masturbating and complaining about people. :mad:

Ehhh they were pretty high skillwise.

I understand how tactics and clan matches are meant to work etc.
    They were still of a higher standard.

We would do well against rag-tag bottom league clans though, even with minimal organisation.

The only thing I didn't like, is that it was all infantry focused, no vehicles etc...which I always fail to understand, as BF for me is ALL about vehicles.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Ehhh they were pretty high skillwise.

I understand how tactics and clan matches are meant to work etc.
    They were still of a higher standard.

We would do well against rag-tag bottom league clans though, even with minimal organisation.

The only thing I didn't like, is that it was all infantry focused, no vehicles etc...which I always fail to understand, as BF for me is ALL about vehicles.

Yeah I hate this infantry only mentality for it..seems more CODdish than Battlefield...
    I suppose it's a helluva lot harder to bunnyhop a tank shell or rpg a jet ;)

Ok..looking for some suggestions on how to populate the server.
    Been some suggestions of hardcore mode/ metro only/ high tickets etc...

All suggestions are welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭SniperPaddy

Scheduled Metro no-holds barred is one option. There is a crazy German server that does that. Good craic for the spray merchants.

Other possibilities are 24-hour runs of each map, knife and pistol nights, inviting clans over, single shot nights, hard core nights etc and stick the calendar up on platoon and boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Said it before, Over-75's nights.
    Everyone starts with a max of 1HP.

I'm saying mixed rush/conquest modes / different ticket sizes and I'm sticking to it. :D
    Said it before, Over-75's nights.
    Everyone starts with a max of 1HP.
    And everyone has to wear grandmother's glasses.

Decryptor wrote: »
    I'm saying mixed rush/conquest modes / different ticket sizes and I'm sticking to it. :D

I keep saying that but there's always a few who hate Rush..we might need to start ignoring them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Don't mind rush but i've never seen the server clear quicker than when it switches to rush. We'd 30+ one day and it went to 5, 2 mins into rush. Is that 3rd person bug still around?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I like the way it is at the moment. Conquest mainly or tdm/squad rush when numbers are small. I'll play rush but i dont really like it in this game compared to BC2 when It was all i played. If you want to get a high population on the server just insert the word "noob" into the title somewhere. Boom full of high level Legends like me looking to torment some new lads :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    If you want to get a high population on the server just insert the word "noob" into the title somewhere. Boom full of high level Legends like me looking to torment some new lads
    THAT'S A F**KING GREAT IDEA!!! :D

Always the same people on anyways, it's as easy to ask Shamrock to pop it onto whatever the crowd on TS wants really

Jsut to let everyone know..Plaguremarine has changed his name,...

from now on she's referred to as PlagueMary...teamspeak has been updated to reflect this change.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

I find the problem with craggy is map sizes to people on server and to much playing the $hit maps.

Rush can work but needs to be the popular maps that every one likes.

But do you really want me showing up more than i already do, so properly best not to listen to mick lol

• Advertisement

True, when I checked the browser last night it was on Conquest Large Metro ...and 7 people on.
    The same is usually for Seine and Damavand peak, too many basesetc.

I think the smaller Map 32m Conquest or the smaller Conquest Assault is better.

Advertisement