Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Chemistry...Before/After

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Whats volatile liquid that you used? I said propanone

And there was question about pressure or something, cant remember it? What was answer :L?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

ei.sderob wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I saw the "to two decimal places"....I hope I have. This will eat away at me now!!!:P

I can't remember if I did either. I usually leave things to 2 decimal places, sincerely hoping that question wasn't the one exception :L

• Registered Users Posts: 14 abbeymate

Sorry everyone, I thought that you were supposed to multiply by 2 because it was 500 cm^3 but that I forgot.. So I did divide by 2 because it was 2:1 and I got 0.1202 M/L for moles per litre and I multiplied 0.1202 by 36.5 (Mr of HCl) to get 4.3873 g/L.. How does that sound? And thanks everyone for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

Hayezer wrote: »
    Whats volatile liquid that you used? I said propanone

And there was question about pressure or something, cant remember it? What was answer :L?

I used that too :D

I think it was how do you know the pressure is the same as atmospheric pressure? I said something along the lines of excess pressure/vapour escapng though the pinhole :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

finality wrote: »
    I can't remember if I did either. I usually leave things to 2 decimal places, sincerely hoping that question wasn't the one exception :L

I hate how this site makes you doubt yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Right, from this thread I don't think I got a single calculation other than the heat of formation one right :pac: Ah well, didn't want those marks anyway.

abbeymate wrote: »
    Sorry everyone, I thought that you were supposed to multiply by 2 because it was 500 cm^3 but that I forgot.. So I did divide by 2 because it was 2:1 and I got 0.1202 M/L for moles per litre and I multiplied 0.1202 by 36.5 (Mr of HCl) to get 4.3873 g/L.. How does that sound? And thanks everyone for your help!

Pretty sure that's correct, though...it should've been to two decimal places :P
    Mista wrote: »
    I used that too :D

I think it was how do you know the pressure is the same as atmospheric pressure? I said something along the lines of excess pressure/vapour escapng though the pinhole :L

That's what I said too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

Think that's right! I THINK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kaet

Sorry to bring it up again, but I don't think it was solved earlier and it's killing me.. For the equilibrium question did it have to be inverted or anything or was it just a really big Kc? I got 704.95 I think.

CRAP CRAP CRAP!! Cant believe I got this far and to be deducted for such stupidity!! Wonder will they disallow my answers?? Please God let ne have a decent examiner!! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ShaunaMoll

what did ye say for Q7 problems arising after adding too much of fluorin or chlorine(there the ones i chose). oh and q8 9(e) the reagent and catalyst to bring about conversion R. and the instantaneous rate at 60 seconds? :):D aaaand 4e.the oxidation/reduction balance?

actually, for the oxidation/reduction balance, I just got a 2 in front of the H+ on the left hand side, seemed weird but I couldn't see another way?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

CRAP CRAP CRAP!! Cant believe I got this far and to be deducted for such stupidity!! Wonder will they disallow my answers?? Please God let ne have a decent examiner!! ;-)

Nooo lol, you'll lose like 1 mark at most :P

kaet wrote: »
    Sorry to bring it up again, but I don't think it was solved earlier and it's killing me.. For the equilibrium question did it have to be inverted or anything or was it just a really big Kc? I got 704.95 I think.

That's what I got and so far I haven't been convinced that it's wrong or right. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

why would it have to be inverted?

I got the same! I don't see why it'd have to be inverted? I've only ever inverted when it was a question where you were given KC and you had to use x's? This seemed like a straight forward equil. question. I'm really doubting myself now, arrrrgh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kyle84

id be so gutted if i didn't get my A1,i love chem so much. I was actually lookin forward to the exam. Questions 1 and 2 were ok,4 was grand,5,6,7 were very fun..i messed up rates-possibly the easiest question in everyone's opinion :L and i think i messed up sumtin in acids and bases,so overall it shud b ok.

RedTexan wrote: »
    why would it have to be inverted?

Some guy was saying that because the top arrow was pointing backwards you had to reverse the reaction and invert Kc. I disagree but he seemed quite adamant about it (and patronising).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Some guy was saying that because the top arrow was pointing backwards you had to reverse the reaction and invert Kc. I disagree but he seemed quite adamant about it (and patronising).

The top arrow was pointing backwards?

It's bloody equilibrium! :L Of course there are two arrows! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rebels101

would propan-1-ol and propan-2-ol be isomers aswell as propan=2=ol was alcohol a?

Mista wrote: »

Nooo lol, you'll lose like 1 mark at most :P

Ok... Thanks everyone im gonna stop checking up all the answers now before it drives me insane!! Was hoping for an A1 but would be happy with an A2 now, so many silly little mistakes :'( :L

• Advertisement

Ugh, that's the first time i've ever seen the top arrow pointing backwards! Would they really be that mean? Could be a missprint?...please let it be a missprint..

i dont like equilibrium but the position of the arrows sounds fairly irrelevant. A value of 704 sounds very high but then again it seems to be popular so its prob right

ChemHickey wrote: »
    The top arrow was pointing backwards?

It's bloody equilibrium! :L Of course there are two arrows! :L

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. It scared me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Oh god. It's going backwards... 18 marks :(

That's his logic? I think he might have been reading into it a little too much. The position of the arrows is most definitely irrelevant

That's his logic? I think he might have been reading into it a little too much. The position of the arrows is most definitely irrelevant

if it was going backwards tho you would invert kc,don't know if it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Doesn't every equilibrium question have a forward and backwards arrow? It's a reversible reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TMCGY

RedTexan wrote: »

Yea sure the arrows just tell you that the reaction is going forwards and backwards isnt it?? Makes no diff which way they go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Yellowstars

would you get any marks if you said propanone and propan-1-ol were isomers? i know propan1ol isnt,but just cos i said propanone? haha i know im being picky. also do esters have a fruity smell? delighted with q6 :) did ye get -224?? was there O2 in the equation for its formation ?

Advertisement