Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWDC 12 - Announcements, Rumours and Everything Else

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

DubDJ wrote: »
    Actually why is the 17" Macbook Pro gone from the store? Has it been discontinued?

Yeah, discontinued. This has been predicted for a while, so it's not a huge surprise. The new Retina display MBP replaces it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah, discontinued. This has been predicated for a while, so it's not a huge surprise. The new Retina display MBP replaces it.

Personally i'd never use a 17''er as I find them way too big. But I know of a lot of people who couldn't use anything smaller. I'll say there will be a few upset fans. The Retina screen will have to fill the void I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

i wonder will new maps app work offline, ?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Had a semi when I saw the video with retina and the beautiful fan and look how slim it is. Then I saw the price and I lost the semi in a nano second and tightened my arse like ya do when you go, oh that's gonna hurt!

This one is really for pros.

Think the Education Discount has been dropped from "up to 10%" down to "up to 6%". Unless my calculations are wrong (which they probably are). Lots of angry students. We may have another riot on our hands :D

• Advertisement

Apple has just posted the Full Keynote video here.

Also they have just released iTunes 10.6.3 for everyone, not just Dev's.

Wow. About 10mins 30secs into the video are some shots of the quays around Capel Street. Wasn't sure it was Dublin until the fella started speaking in an Irish Accent. Weird seeing it in one of Apple's videos.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Is the new navigation only for iphone 4S and ipad2 up?

Edit: I think the reference is to the Siri features?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Shane732 wrote: »
    Is the new navigation only for iphone 4S and ipad2 up?

Yeah, iPhone 4S/iPad 2 or higher only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

DubDJ wrote: »
    Siri for iPad, Facebook integration confirmed. Maybe now they'll release a decent app.

When will these be out?

• Advertisement

iOS 6 will be out in Autumn sometime. Whenever the new iPhone arrives, so probably late September/early October.

Oh and Siri for iPad is iPad 3 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

Improvements and the new Macbook Pro look good...........But those Fcuking prices!!! :eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

So nothin really for iPhone users this time around.
    Well besides alot of talk about an update we won't be getting for 4 or 5 months.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Well besides alot of talk about an update we won't be getting for 4 or 5 months.

At which time we'll presumably only be a couple of months away from a new iphone......

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Map data coming from TomTom by the looks of it (partially anyway)
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/11/apple-tomtom-ios-6-maps/

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Well, I'm selling my MacBook Pro and buying an Air.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Discontinuing the 17" is a strange one ... I had one of the non-unibody ones and I can honestly say it was the best computer I've ever owned. They do suit some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Red Alert wrote: »
    Discontinuing the 17" is a strange one ... I had one of the non-unibody ones and I can honestly say it was the best computer I've ever owned. They do suit some people.

I heard that the 17" only accounted for 1% of all their sold laptops.

One thing that always bothered me about FaceTime and iMessage was if somebody calls you through your phone you can receive the call or message. But to be able to get them on your Mac or iPad they had to use your email address. I always hated it and thought it made both FaceTime and iMessage useless on the iPad and Mac for receiving calls and texts.

Just seen now that Apple are integrating/combining both your phone number and email address so it solves that problem. One of my favourite features from iOS 6. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

What were you expecting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bloody hell you're negative. It's only about 3 months and if there's nothing in it for you then why are you worried or complaining about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Was it just me or was Tim Cook choking back the tears at the end?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'm glad to see there's a global "off" switch for notifications. I can keep liking OS X :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

banquo wrote: »
    Was it just me or was Tim Cook choking back the tears at the end?

I'd be crying if I had to stand up there and deliver that crock of shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nialloo24

Is there more to be announced throughout the week or is the rest of the week just showing off the new line up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Inquitus wrote: »
    I'd be crying if I had to stand up there and deliver that crock of shíte.

Lol, stuck on Android 2.3 are we? give it 2 years.

Nialloo24 wrote: »
    Is there more to be announced throughout the week or is the rest of the week just showing off the new line up?!

The rest of the week is NDA. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Apple tv SDK in September then. Normal timing I guess for the apple tv, but you'd expect a new sdk to be announced at wwdc. Hmm.

• Advertisement

there are hints in the api - with regard to how UI is laid out.

Advertisement