Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWDC 12 - Announcements, Rumours and Everything Else

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I reckon it will probably be about 200-300 more than the standard MBP model, which is expensive enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Apple UK prematurely released the info on the new Airport Express;

596908256.png?key=988140&Expires=1339437453&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=u3d~Qhe0mY1eEneyQkZ4swZjjkzp221NGteiSye6ugpda-9gwqBb8EwzaPtyK0s6rKkwkshDReRE0RsKFa-tPYjwemNTx7efKth0toCx5UNFy9Db26FoBPkrdG7bXULonxJycY4hWLso8wbVuePKqSQ6uYAGaAhnpSPd830ygDw_

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

From another forum

"Now think to yourself: These will be throwaway garbage in 10 years."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I reckon it will probably be about 200-300 more than the standard MBP model, which is expensive enough as it is.

That's optimistic. Maybe if you add a zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Well one issue I can see with it potentially - can the user change out the RAM and hard drive?

8Gb ram isn't the max the chipset will take

• Advertisement

Shocked and delighted. Not far off SP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

wow $2200 for the base model

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Hooray for 256gb of flash storage as standard. The hard drive is dead, long live the SSD.

Starts at $2199

Whats that in comparison ?

Not as high as I thought it would be. Shipping today too. Pretty impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The 15-inch already started at $1800, so I was only off by a 100.

Taken from the verge feed... Hot damn. Later Apple execs will be swimming through a new pile of gold coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

nom nom nom im so getting that new mac

Ok seen what I want to see - I'm out guys - enjoy the rest :)

This is bit i'm not excited about. Still refuse to give up Snow Leopard.

What Mod added the "sucking jobs' zombie dick" tag to this thread???

DubDJ wrote: »
    What Mod added the "sucking jobs' zombie dick" tag to this thread???

Anyone can add tags.

Can't wait for Safari to finally get the unified search field from Chrome. Been wanting this for a while. It's the only thing I miss from it. Safari is fine for me otherwise. One of my favourite features from the ML preview from a few months back.

Anyone can add tags.

But I thought the limit was 5 tags? There's now six and that one I can't remove.

But I thought the limit was 5 tags? There's now six and that one I can't remove.

Only a mod can remove the other ones. I'm not sure about the limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Can't wait for Safari finally gets the unified search field from Chrome. Been wanting this for a while. It's the only thing I miss from it. Safari is fine for me otherwise. One of my favourite features from the ML preview from a few months back.

I was wondering about this, is there some reason why Chrome doesn't have this at present?

So unless you buy the new Mac's you don't get the 'Power Nap' feature?

Mountain Lion shipping next month. New lower price too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Siri is looking pretty damn cool in ios6.

It will take some pretty major Siri improvement to convince me to turn it back on.

Engadget just said they spotted a new Maps icon. Is that Apple's new 3D Maps confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

I think this still applies:
    header.png
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png

Hahah "dubdj tag-gate"

Gru wrote: »
    I think this still applies:
    <overused meme>
    Not really. Apple haven't announced any new gadgets today. They refreshed their notebooks and added a new line of slimmer models. Everything else is software related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Not really. Apple haven't announced any new gadgets today. They refreshed their notebooks and added a new line of slimmer models. Everything else is software related.

I guess in my opinion it seems that a lot of the hardware upgrades are quite pricey. I'd love to splash on some of that gear myself but it seems to be a bit on the lavish side.

Advertisement