Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWDC 12 - Announcements, Rumours and Everything Else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Only tuning in now, were there dates given for ios6 or Mountain Lion releases?

Mountain Lion - July. iOS 6 - dev's get it today so about 3 months or so for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

end next month for mac , iOS 6 in fall- aka september/october whenever they release new phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Yeah, read the tea leaves wrong on that one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As I suggested earlier in the thread, the TBAs turned out to be nothing. If/when Apple announce anything TV related it will probably be at a dedicated event in which everyone will be no doubt as to what is going to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Was hoping for apps on AppleTV. The TV needs more love Tim! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bell Butter

DubDJ wrote: »
    Excellent feature! Passbook? Can't imagine it'll be useful for Ireland.

Yeah it looks class, looks very useful, but in this feckin country where we put in our infrastructure after something is developed it will probably take a few years to catch on, the whole 4G thing is very annoying. Have any of the carriers said they're actively pursuing mobile wimax or LTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Yeah it looks class, looks very useful, but in this feckin country where we put in our infrastructure after something is developed it will probably take a few years to catch on, the whole 4G thing is very annoying. Have any of the carriers said they're actively pursuing mobile wimax or LTE?

The spectrums need to be auctioned off first. Apparently the mobile companies have cash on reserve for upgrading to the 4g spectrum. So blame Comreg for their inefficiency for not going ahead with the auction.

Check the Apple website now for everything from today :D

EDIT: Store is still down.

• Site Banned Posts: 15 ben_bernanke

You'd be wrong,( and you don't understand how AAPL normally works)

im happy to be wrong , i just havent heard anything about the presentation bar what ive read on this thread

I agree Passbook looks amazingly handy. I hope to Superman its intergrated in this backward country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Has siri been adapted for the irish accent yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hogzy wrote: »
    Has siri been adapted for the irish accent yet?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Tim Cook hasn't done a "just one more thing" yet. Maybe he prefers not to imitate Steve that much.

local look ups should be coming soon though?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just on Mountain Lion, the price announced - is that for an upgrade from Lion only? I'm still on Snow Leopard and will probably move to Mountain Lion next month. Will I need to buy Lion first as a stepping stone or will I be able to upgrade straight from Snow Leopard, and will there be a premium for doing so?

according to macrumourslive web feed

Price good for upgrades all the way back to Snow Leopard. One purchase updates all your personal Macs.

store s intermittent but saw 11 air with 1.7 processor, 4 gig ram, 128 hd for 1199

upgrades 4-8 gig ram 100 euros
    1.7 processor to 2.0 250 euros
    256 hd upgrade 300 euros
    512hd upgrade 800 euros

The Mac Pros got a silent update.

Just noticed that the new Retina Macbook has an HDMI port. Thats a first for Apple along with finally supporting USB 3.0. Or maybe the Mac Mini has HDMI. Still it's handy not needing an adapter. Also the Superdrive has been removed.

Really making me want to upgrade but there's no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Tim Cook hasn't done a "just one more thing" yet. Maybe he prefers not to imitate Steve that much.

I thought that was Jackie Chan's Uncle's thing ?

• Advertisement

normal 11 air spec, 1.6 processor 2 gig memory and 64 gig hd flash storage is 995 euros

13 air basic 1.7 processor, 4 gig ram, 128 flash drive 1300 euros
    13 air 1.7 processor 4 gigram 256hd is 1605 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Ouch, the new retina MBP starts from €2349 and only comes with a 256 GB flash drive.

Republic of Ireland Store is back up.

Just a few additions that got silent updates.

New Mac Pro as Sad Professor mention.

New iPad Smart Case - Front and back protection.

New Airport Express Base Station. - Now looks just like an Apple TV, but in white.

New Apple USB Superdrive. - Not sure if it's USB 3.0 or not.

New Airport Express Base Station. - Now looks just like an Apple TV, but in white.

I was just about to buy a new Airport last week. So glad I waited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

New iPad Smart Case - Front and back protection.

Yeah this looks good actually

Yeah this looks good actually

Don't think so. It wraps around the front of the iPad, which I don't think looks good, also your can't just pull the magnetic cover off. Still a few people i'm sure will be delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I pre'd about 10 times today.. Anyone want any old apple devices? :P

Just having a quick look through the new features. Seems Mountain Lion won't get Facebook integration until Autumn. Alongside iOS 6 i'd say. Probably a few other features too,

Also in iOS 6 it gives a brief preview of what the redesigned stores will look like. Not too much of a change but looks a lot better and more refined. Glad it wasn't too big of a shift, I like how simple the stores are now.

I recently read an article about how Google will loose a couple of hundred million a year with the loss of Google Maps from iOS. Did anyone read the same thing, can you remember where the article was from?:confused:

• Advertisement

Actually why is the 17" Macbook Pro gone from the store? Has it been discontinued?

Advertisement