Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I haven't posted here in a while but still on track, down 2.5lbs last week and 2lbs this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

dee. wrote: »
    I haven't posted here in a while but still on track, down 2.5lbs last week and 2lbs this week :)

Wow that is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well done Dee.

I am going to weigh myself on Saturday and take that as my new starting point and really get back into it.

I am going away again in September and would ideally like to lose 2 stone by then.

Thanks :) I am in the same position as you, going away on holiday the first week of September so I have set myself a goal of half a stone a month, so I will hopefully have at least another 1.5 stone gone by then and I'll be very happy :)

Hopefully we will reach out targets.

Are you going anywhere nice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 4tolose

Hi all,

Thanks for letting me sound off here as I won't be able to get to class.
    Well, first week done and I'm 3 and a half pounds lighter!!
    It's great to be able to eat what you want (within reason) and not have to worry about counting the calories or the points and still lose weight.
    Bring on next Friday...I think I've finally found a diet that will work for me!!
    Isn't the weather fabulous, by the way?

kitten_k wrote: »
    Hopefully we will reach out targets.

Are you going anywhere nice?

Villa in lanzarote for 12 nights. We have our own private pool so I could be 50 stone and not have to worry about other people seeing me in my bikini - but I just really want to do it for myself!

Tried on a dress I bought last summer yesterday. It didn't fit me at the time but now it zips up fully with room to spare...that's an incredible feeling!

Have been taking pictures of myself in my underwear every 3-4 weeks and really starting to see a difference now

X

Sounds great Dee.

Have just weighed myself for the first time in 3 weeks due to the holiday. Have only gained 1lb so happy with that. Could have been a lot worse

1lb gain is not bad at all! You'll have it (and more!) off in no time!

Yea I was happy enough, was expecting more.

Have been good so far today, hopefully it lasts.

• Advertisement

Meant to post this at the weekend when it was sunny (kind of overcast now). What are the syns for icepops etc?
    I heard that Calippos were around 1 syn, but the app has them at 1.5 syns for the Calippo shots. Oh and Magnums are around 30 syns ...I never realised last year that I had my final ever Magnum :eek:

Mini callipo is 3.5 if that helps

Down 2lbs today, got my stone and a half award. Delighted :)

Well done Dee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I keep meaning to update here every week but I never get round to it. Joined on the 14th March so thats 11 weeks ( I think) and I am down a total of...... 2st 6lb. Had a gain of 3lb last week after a kids birthday party so was GOING to have a loss this week and was down 4lb. Really hope to push for the 2st 7lb mark next week.

Still enjoying it all and eating lots of nice tasty food. Had a lovely picnic at the weekend and if I remember the food was only about 3 or 4 syns in total for a massive feast. We had a massive lunch with really lovely stuff. Took lots of fruit to snack on as well

We had a taste night last night at our meeting and was some really nice stuff. Will be tring out a few of them over the coming week. Great to see what some of the others are cooking. Someone took along a nice chicken satay, will be looking that one up.

Still picking 5 things to cook each week, allow a take away at the weekend and a lunch out so keeps it all very do able.

The time I find really hard is Firday evenings when I am finished work and try to get the food shop out of the way and as much of the house work as I can so that we have some free time at the weekend. Worth all the hassle for a semi free Saturday and Sunday.

I go round the supermarket in a really rotten mood, tired, cranky ( not hungry, as I always have fruit of something first) I want stuff I don't even like. I would want to fill the trolly with crap that i don't want or like. Last week I was putting Jaffa cakes in and I bloody hate them. My husbnd took thenm out and reminded me I don't like them and he can live without them. I want so badly to lose the weight bit I find that bit of the week really hard.

Grand when I get home home, unpack the shopping and really go at the house work. I then look forward to a long shower and a Chinese take away while watching the Late Late.

Love having the syns to use for when I catch up with friends for a coffee and I can enjoy a latte or when we go to the cinema, I can have a bag of crisps if I fancy.

Anyone got any times then find hard?

kitten_k wrote: »
    Well done Dee.

Thanks! Did you have your weigh in yet

Yea I was down 2lbs so happy with that!!

Down 3.5lbs today..wow! I even had a chinese last week (half portion of vegetable chow mein...yum!)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Down 2lb today after my gain of 1lb lasty week, I'm finally on a losing streak!!

Finally got my club 10 - lost 10% of my original weight that I was 4 months ago! Lost 22lbs so far! Am delighted. Kind of thought I would lose nothing this week, but eating Melon is a godsend when you have been naughty!
    I also started using an app to see how far a distance I walk each day when I walk home from work - it is approximately 2.5 miles in about 45-50 minutes! I have to say I love using apps to measure my walks, as it helps to motivate me more.

How is everyone else doing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Hazel2011

I would love love love to be a member of SW only I would have to drive aprox 50 miles to get to the nearest meeting.

I could join it online but I need some one to Monitor me as I cant seem to do it on my own .:(

Was up 1/4lb this week which was not bad seeing as though I had 3 take aways this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sage4me

Hi,

Silly questions... but things like Birdseye rice.. you know the microwaveable mushroom rice, or I think it is spicy rice.. things like that.. how do I judge whether its free or not..

Sorry if that is a really simple question, but I have my head ALMOST around SW but not quite.

I was thinking for breakfast if I was to have 1 oz of porridge with mixed fruit and slim line milk.

Lunch : Tuna or chicken pasta with mushrooms and onions

Dinner - how do thinks like the Kookai noodles work in a stir fry ? How many syns are in those ?

Thanks for any responses

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

hi all, been very very mad and need some advice, havent been to weigh in for 5 or 6 weeks, i dont know at this point is this right for me , i have no will power and am constantly putting myself down all the time and feb up of being 4 stone over weight, if i wanted to go back can you rejoin or how does it work?

i am inspired when i read all your great stories but cant see me ever writing anything postive as feel crap all the time, really need help and dont know what programme is right for me :(
    looking forward to some replies as im sure im not the only one who has ever felt like this,

thanks so much and well done to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I know how you feel being about being 4 stone weight. At the moment you may be eating because your unhappy which is only make you feel worse, you can't get the clothes you want ect.
    I joined Slimming World in Feb 2012 and I have lost over 2stone 7lbs to date.
    I had 3 weeks that I put on a small amount of weight due to eating takeaways ect but I went back the next week to face up to this. I am fitting into clothes I have not worn in years and several people have told me you have lost weight.
    I would join Slimming world and stay each week for the class as you will learn a lot from the other members of the class.
    Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

Okiss, Wow well done you, thats fantatic, do you know if you have missed a good few weeks can you rejoin? do you do much exercise, thats my downfall too and i know i can do it as have lost 4 stone before, just need to get my ass in gear once and for all, have a wedding the aug bank hol and would love to loose a stone or more by then,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

sage4me wrote: »
    Hi,

Silly questions... but things like Birdseye rice.. you know the microwaveable mushroom rice, or I think it is spicy rice.. things like that.. how do I judge whether its free or not..

Sorry if that is a really simple question, but I have my head ALMOST around SW but not quite.

I was thinking for breakfast if I was to have 1 oz of porridge with mixed fruit and slim line milk.

Lunch : Tuna or chicken pasta with mushrooms and onions

Dinner - how do thinks like the Kookai noodles work in a stir fry ? How many syns are in those ?

Thanks for any responses

I'm only new so can't answer all your question. The koka noodles are not free they about 25 syns a pack. They so not worth that. So you need to get the plain noodles as those are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

polly27 wrote: »
    Okiss, Wow well done you, thats fantatic, do you know if you have missed a good few weeks can you rejoin? do you do much exercise, thats my downfall too and i know i can do it as have lost 4 stone before, just need to get my ass in gear once and for all, have a wedding the aug bank hol and would love to loose a stone or more by then,

You can easily rejoin. It will be €18 and you get your 6 weeks holidays back but you lose all your history. Or you can pay €27 and it keeps your history but if you have used any holidays they will still be gone. Most people just rejoin for the €18 you can get a new pack with that (it's the orange one which came out in January) unless you already have it in which case ya don't really need it!

Countless ones from my group went off on holidays for few weeks/months(seems old folks are rich ha!:pac:) and rejoined when they came home. Plenty others just lost their way due to various reasons but they always seem relieved and happy to be back.

Was away down the country at a funeral this week so was completely distracted. Back on track today made up a massive big salad bowl

-Mixed salad leaves,sweetcorn,sliced up cooked beetroot(can be got in packs in aldi), hard boiled eggs, ham, grated a carrot, red onions, shallots, chopped up celery really small, tomatoes, red+yellow+green peppers chopped up small, steamed baby potatoes. Think that's about it! :D

Takes awhile chopping but very handy once it's done. No matter what you having for lunch or dinner you can always add a big spoonful or two of the salad to the plate too.

I'm suppose to be leaving the country end of August so I'm determined to drop a dress size. Not even thinking in stones anymore just dress size (which is 10lbs). As an incentive I bought tracksuit bottoms and shorts a size smaller than what I currently am so I'm not gonna let that money go to waste :pac::D

Edit: Sage4me--> I've no idea about those rice things. You should log into your SW account online and check the syns calculator or the other thing which syns things by brands/products.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Hello Polly 27,
    I have just started to do some walking recently and I am working towards my first body magic award.
    Body magic is a awards system where you build up the amount of exercise you do each day over a period of time. As you get fitter you do more exercise each day. This helps you lose weight and tone up.
    When you join slimming world you can register as a member on the website. You keep track of what you eat each day and you weight loss each week.
    You can see a graph also showing your weight loss and there are a lot of nice recipes here also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Sageforme the microwaveable rice has syns in as well, if you google minimins, they have loads of information on syn values!!
    Polly27 we are here for you when you need support, unfortunately you need to get your head in the right place before tackling any eating plan. This is not a diet, it's a way of life. It has taken me a while to figure that out..I hope you feel better soon, you need to be in a positive frame of mind! Good Luck x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement