Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Marleymo

dee. wrote: »
    Marley if you're doing extra easy you need to have 1/3 superfree with every meal including breakfast

Oh really ok must start eating fruit, why is that does that help, sorry for ignorance but first week, going to confirmation today gonna have to be really good thanks dee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I had some melon and grapes and a banana for breakfast along with a fat free yogurt and am so suprised at how full I was after. Since starting new job I have been struggling with brekkie, I am not a great eater first thing so was struggling to eat mu usual beans on toast plus the 1/3 superfree. I was just having the toast and banana and was starved by lunch. For lunch I had a salad with ham and chicken with a little fat free dressing and again I am amazed how full I am.
    I think dinner is going to be a beef stir fry and sw chips yum yum!! 2 alpen bars for hexb and milk in my tea for hexa. And upto 15 syns to use too crikey thats a lot of food:)

Marleymoo the superfree help to keep you fuller for longer and also limit how much free food you eat during the meal. When I eat a meal I make sure I always finish my superfree and usually find I am too full to finish whatever meat/carbs I have along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Good to have you back Daisy and glad you are well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Having a good week, weigh in tomoro night at home. i've the scales set somewhere were i really have to have a go at them to get them down. feeling knackered today.. unsure of what the hell to have for brekkie tomoro as i have no cereal or anything!!! might mix some pear, kiwi and strawberries up, crush up my hi fi bar so it can be like museli!!

Anyone know if you can use the cereal bars as a hex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hungry.com

Just joined the thread... loving all the tips.. joined SW 6 weeks ago and am down 9.5 lbs ... struggled this week as out at weekend and couldnt get enough superfrees into me as didnt fancy fruit or veg after nite out... anyone tried the scanbran :( its gross but topped with laughing cow and meat with tomatoes not too bad.. anyone any recipes for the scanbran ? appartenly you loose and extra 2/3 lbs on top of your weight loss if you use as your hex !!

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Marleymo wrote: »
    Oh really ok must start eating fruit, why is that does that help, sorry for ignorance but first week, going to confirmation today gonna have to be really good thanks dee

Yeah the point of super free is to fill us up so we can't have as much meat, carbs, etc on our plate. Some people (myself included) don't always have their 1/3 super free on their plate, so instead you should eat it *before* your meal (if it's a piece of fruit for example!)

Got a text from my consultant yesterday, I got slimmer of the week last week :) didn't stay to group so just finding out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Howdy All? Well tomorrow will be my second weigh in and to be honest i'm not too coinfident about it. My first week on SW went really well and I was down 3.5lbs, but this past week I spent 4 days in my mother-in-law's house and she's a feeder! Anyway, I'm back on track since I came home on Sunday. I was a bit sick of eating Weetabix every day for brekkie so I bought the Weetabix minis for a bit of variety. Oh dear God - has anyone weighed out 30g of those? :eek: It's about 10 pieces - tiny tiny tiny - it would never fill me so I'm adding a bit more in and using my syns. And eating lots of fruit afterwards!

If I stay the same this week I'll be happy, considering the long weekend I had. Hope you're all feeling good and positive this week.

^if you're doing extra easy you should be having your fruit before your meal.

^if you're doing extra easy you should be having your fruit before your meal.

Oh - why's that then? Is there a difference between eating it before or after a meal? :confused:

• Advertisement

You are meant to eat the superfree (doesnt have to be fruit) with your meal so either directly before or after is fine. If you are eating the superfree after your meal just be sure to leave room for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

Hi all was down a pound this week so thats 4 and a half in two weeks, anything down is good, wonder can anyone give me a few tips, im having friends over for dinner this friday and want to do a starter main and desert without all the calories, can you tell me has anyone any ideas what i could cook?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

polly27 wrote: »
    Hi all was down a pound this week so thats 4 and a half in two weeks, anything down is good, wonder can anyone give me a few tips, im having friends over for dinner this friday and want to do a starter main and desert without all the calories, can you tell me has anyone any ideas what i could cook?

Any easy to cook main that I would do is Spaghetti Bolognes - it is good for dinner parties because you can serve it whenever everyone is there and leave it simmering in the pot without having to worry about spoiling it. Also, it can be very low in syns, with the mince being the only syned part. I have a recipe that I use all of the time and is yum. You can bulk it up with veg and serve with salad or pasta, so if you wanna save your syns for the desert, then this would be a good main.
    A starter could be anything with salad...prawns and some Light thousand island dressing with it. I am not the greatest cook so might leave it at that for a suggestion.

Deserts...something with fruit and sugar free jelly, like a moose and topped with the small meringues that you get in Aldi/Lidl or M&S, they are 1 syn each. Add to others deserts some broken up chocolate flake?
    Oh and enjoy your meal...if you do go over your syns with food & drink, then make sure to get back on track the next morning and you will be fine!

Well done on your loss this week ;)

Daisy we were told (I have seen it posted many places online too) that if your 1/3 super free is not on your plate then you eat it before the meal.

The purpose of super free is to fill us up, if you eat your meal and then your superfree afterwards, it defeats the whole purpose of it because chances are you're already full from your main meal and just eating the superfree for the sake of it...

Robo: thanks so much for all the tips your very good, im going to enjoy myself dont worry and i have a long walk planned for sat morning hail rain or snow, thanks its very slow but going in the right direction, good luck this week , let me know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Polly I would make soup to start, a curry or carbonara for main and a strawberry cheesecake for dessert. I can post the recipes tomorrow if you want?

Not sure if people are aware of these two sites which I find useful:

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/

Daisy we were told (I have seen it posted many places online too) that if your 1/3 super free is not on your plate then you eat it before the meal.

The purpose of super free is to fill us up, if you eat your meal and then your superfree afterwards, it defeats the whole purpose of it because chances are you're already full from your main meal and just eating the superfree for the sake of it...

Thanks Dee and Daisy - but believe me, the few bits of Weetabix minis I have for my breakfast won't fill me up so there's plenty of room for my fruit! :o

Polly - Chile Con Carne with extra lean mince is totally free and totally delicous. If you want to syn a little bit you can add cheese and/or sour cream. Enjoy! :)

Down 2lbs this week so a total of 12.5lbs in my first month :D so happy!

Nice one Dee - I always like the feeling I get the next morning when I wake up that I am diminishing :D

Dee I prefer to eat my fruit first if that is the 1/3 rd superfree with my meal because I know I will forget after, my C didnt seem to think it made a difference but lot of their interpretations of the plans vary from group to group.

Just a word of warning on minimins, I love this site too but it was recently hacked as a member I received a warning about this so I am wary about it now!!

• Advertisement

Yea got that warning too Daisy, hopefully it was just a one off.

I find this thread on minimins very good:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book.html

Well I had my weigh in last night and I was up half a pound. Not too bad considering the week I had! ;) Back on track today - livening things up a bit with brown bread and laughing cow light for breakfast, along with a load of fruit of course! Any positive stories?

Kitten K sorry for taking so long to reply internet was down, thanks for the tips im going to cook as healthy a meal as i can and have a few drinks and walk walk walk all weekend and hope to get a weight loss every week, hope you had a good week, have a good bank holiday and thanks again :)

I had my weigh in tonight and am down 1.5lbs - it is slow but constant. I am now down 18lbs which I know that I couldn't have done if I was not in Slimming World. Although I am walking a lot (usually about an hour a day), I would not be watching my food so much if I wasn't in SW.
    But it dawned on my this week that I haven't been up to much at the weekends and evenings as I have exams that I am studying for when I am not in work or walking, so when they finish on the 19th...I know I may be tempted more when out and about etc. so that will be challenging.
    How do you all tackle going shopping etc when you are eating lunch out or that? Are you always going for the healthy option - I know that I am good when I have the food in the fridge and cupboard but when I have an open choice to many different restaurants etc., I may give into temptation! Any advice?

Polly no problem, I hope the dinner goes well.

I have my WI on Saturday but haven't had the best week. I have been quite busy the past few weeks so have struggled to stick to the plan.

I going away on the 12th and know I will gain while I am away but once I am back I am going to start new and really go at it.

Robo if I am out I try to stay healthy as much as I can.

My biggest problem is when I am drinking, I always want something at the end of the night and if I am hungover I always want a take-away!

It all comes down to will power which I don't have much of!!

robo wrote: »
    I had my weigh in tonight and am down 1.5lbs - it is slow but constant. I am now down 18lbs which I know that I couldn't have done if I was not in Slimming World. Although I am walking a lot (usually about an hour a day), I would not be watching my food so much if I wasn't in SW.
    But it dawned on my this week that I haven't been up to much at the weekends and evenings as I have exams that I am studying for when I am not in work or walking, so when they finish on the 19th...I know I may be tempted more when out and about etc. so that will be challenging.
    How do you all tackle going shopping etc when you are eating lunch out or that? Are you always going for the healthy option - I know that I am good when I have the food in the fridge and cupboard but when I have an open choice to many different restaurants etc., I may give into temptation! Any advice?

This is one of the main reasons that I'm not sure I will be able to sustain the SW programme. I just feel it involves so much time and effort and life is just too busy at the moment. It's all about fresh food and I spend 11 hours a day out and about (like most people I'm sure). There have been some evenings that I've come home and started cooking things for lunch the next day - that has started to annoy me and I'm getting demotivated. At least with other programmes I could have a bit of everything and I felt I had the freedom to go a bit mad once or twice a week. I feel this is very restrictive and I'm not confident about sticking it out. The other thing is that there is only one class in Galway (with a leader who annoys the living crap out of me!) so that's restrictive too. Oh what to do..........:pac: :pac:

I agree with you bubbaloo - although I love cooking it is annoying having to make serveal trips a week to the shop and spending ages cooking.

Sometime you just want to be able to go home, stick a pizza in the oven and be done.

There is an easy cook book and a speedy book in the classes if your consultant has them. currently i'm doing SW from home. its my second week but i feel as i'm not wasting time going to the class i get more done.

i find when out and about jacket potaoes are great, as well as soups and if you have the hexB left they can be used in sandwiches, wraps etc..

You can't use heB out and about unless they use the specific bread on the heB list (doubtful)
    And I'm not aware of any wraps in Ireland that can be used for heB option anyway, the lowest syn one I have found is weight watchers wraps for 5 syns each

• Advertisement

You can't use heB out and about unless they use the specific bread on the heB list (doubtful)
    And I'm not aware of any wraps in Ireland that can be used for heB option anyway, the lowest syn one I have found is weight watchers wraps for 5 syns each

sorry dee i live beside the north so i know some stuff is available here which isnt anywhere else. can you not have 60g of wholemeal bread as a hexB?? i'm sure if you plan it right you can eat out pretty good.

tuna salads, chicken salads etc..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement