Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windy (Gusts to 60MPH) + Heavy Rain & Flooding Thursday/Friday (June 7/8th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Durrow AWS... 21.3mm at 8pm.

Looks to be fairly spot on considering the Gurteen and Oak Park figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Quick get a camera!!
    It's raining again :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Stacks in north Co. Kerry is at 48.3mm which is the highest total on IWN

Nothing dramatic here, just a pretty awful day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Shannon is the first (last?) reporting synoptic station to break the 40mm barrier today. Total since midnight on 40.6mm.

Edit, have to say I am a little surprised at Valentia's total so far today, still under the 10mm mark at the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

[QUOTE=

Reminds me of “I was wrong once, but even then I couldn’t be too sure.”[/QUOTE]

or " I was wrong only once ,and that was when I thought I was wrong but it turned out I right after all.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

So after some careful radar watching I managed a 30 min dog walk in the dry ............it's started raining again !

• Registered Users Posts: 48,170 ✭✭✭✭km79

Discodog wrote: »
    So after some careful radar watching I managed a 30 min dog walk in the dry ............it's started raining again !
    I am currently living it up in that little clearance in the middle too .....but not for long

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Up to 35mm here now. Rain easing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sligo 23mm of rain now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    Tis a weather forum Su, we're all obsessed in some way:pac:

It's a bad weather forum more like it there's always more interest in bad weather than good
    when we had record breaking temperatures in march this place was like a ghost town in the evening yet there's rain today and we have over 100 viewing

Anyway has been raining here in the north east non stop now for 12 hours feck them farmers praying for rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

It's a bad weather forum more like it there's always more interest in bad weather than good
    when we had record breaking temperatures in march this place was like a ghost town in the evening yet there's rain today and we have over 100 viewing

I'm just here optimistically hoping that some weather buff is going to make the bold prediction that the rest of the summer is going to be beautiful, just to cheer me up or whatever :o

The rest of the summer is going to be beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Its relentless again lads :-D

leahyl wrote: »
    She is "tops" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Relentlessly in stripes !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Lashing down here in Limerick at the moment, think its only stopped briefly twice during the day. Also causing problems on the roads now according to the AA:
    Shanagolden Village is impassable.
    The Broadford/Drumcollogher Rd (R515) in Newcastlewest is impassable due to flooding.
    Gardai advise that all local roads around Ardagh Village (R523) are impassable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

eh, sure there's wind, but not that much.

my hair couldn't get tossed in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Discodog wrote: »

Genuine question (not aimed at you specifically Disco) as this is something that I have wondered about since I was a child but why does the rain bother so many people? I am very probably on my own on this but I thought today was great! Beautiful warm rain which was not only interesting to watch from a weather enthusiast point of view but on a practical level as it is great for country. We need rain for agriculture, to fill up the reserviors, make the grass and countryside green and so on and so forth Rain is life! and is the source of it.

Am I being a bit too hippy on this..? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Its still quite calm in cork :S I've been sitting in front of a window on my laptop all day with the window open and not really seen anything other than mild drizzle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

magicianz wrote: »
    Its still quite calm in cork :S I've been sitting in front of a window on my laptop all day with the window open and not really seen anything other than mild drizzle!

Seemingly the system pivoted around us, whilst not an eye, in common parlance we were in the eye of the 'storm' and it needs to shift for us to see much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Genuine question (not aimed at you specifically Disco) as this is something that I have wondered about since I was a child but why does the rain bother so many people? I am very probably on my own on this but I thought today was great! Beautiful warm rain which was not only interesting to watch from a weather enthusiast point of view but on a practical level as it is great for country. We need rain for agriculture, to fill up the reserviors, make the grass and countryside green and so on and so forth Rain is life! and is the source of it.

Am I being a bit too hippy on this..? :o

For a lot of farmers rain is the last thing they need right now.

My dog doesn't like the rain and after a walk in the rain she needs a wash.
    She sprays the water up on herself from the ground with her feet.

Rain doesn't bother me as I just put on water proof gear but I hate the cold.:)

Dodd wrote: »
    She sprays the water up on herself from the ground with her feet.

You NEED a better Bitch. I'd recommend a Labrador, black or gold, dog or bitch, after they have been out in the weather, it's you, your car, your house, your bed and your oil skins that'll need a wash, they, will look supreme and smiling at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Raining all day in Castlebar,nothing to heavy just persistant. It has turned blustery in the past hour.A real winters evening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

72.9mm in my part of Ashford http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IWICKLOW6
    Always much more rain here when it comes from the SE compared to stations near me - all weather is local after all

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

Had a run in the rain. Really enjoyed. Got cabin fever so said feck it and off I ran!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

208055.jpg

Feale river, abbeyfeale this evening 8pm. Has rained hard since then.

72.9mm in my part of Ashford http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IWICKLOW6
    Always much more rain here when it comes from the SE compared to stations near me - all weather is local after all

Is that your own station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Are you sure thats correct? The wicklowweather.com station is only measuring 32mm and it's not like Ashford is a big place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I have 3 1/2 inches unscientifically since 12pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

gbee wrote: »
    Is that your own station?

Yes my own, tucked into the the side of the uplands

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement