Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windy (Gusts to 60MPH) + Heavy Rain & Flooding Thursday/Friday (June 7/8th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

yep ...kildare's been getting heavy rain for the past 2 hours at least !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Near Limerick city the moderate to heavy rain earlier last evening has tapered off. Wind is inclining to pick up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

John.Icy wrote: »
    Parts of east laois/west kildare/Kilkenny getting hammered the last while.

Here in my part of Kildare been teeming down for an hour.

Rainfall rate increased to 13.8mm/hr with increased winds.
    3.6mm from midnight to 1am
    3.4mm from 1am to 2am

so 7mm or a total of 35.6mm since the event started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

holy mother nature:eek: wind woke me up from my dozing state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Would love mother nature to come and lullabay me to sleep with a good rain, wind, thunder and lightning shower!

But for those of you that are missing out on the fun....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Really pouring down here for the past while as well, heaviest it been all day. With at least another 12 hours to go yet in a lot of places flooding could become a big issue tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Getting windy here (East Galway), no torrential rain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

absolutely p1ssin in the wesht , time to break out the canoe , has to be reports of floods by tomorrow morn.
    so jealous of those jammy swines livin it up in Oz or anywhere with a bit of sun , you know who they are !!!

Irish summers R.I.P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I haven't heard rain fall so hard in a long time.

Can't get to sleep because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Very calm in dublin city centre. No breeze, no rain and the birds are singing away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

After a dry spell overnight rain has returned.

Total rain yesterday, up to midnight, 37.8mm. 2.0mm so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Darwin

Some pretty big wind gusts early this morning, had to go out earlier and rescue the wheelie bin in the torrents of rain :( You can really make out the centre of the low looking at live wind maps (look how calm the Isle of man is!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

28.6mm yesterday
    19.0mm today.
    47.6mm in total so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Very very windy in Cork now...It's dry though...Sunshine,broken cloud.

This thread will probably stop,or come to a a boring end when this storm blows over.

Never anything exciting about warm sunny weather. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

29mm of rain since yesterday morning

didnt think it was anything unusual up here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

24mm of rain in Sligo from 1am to 730am

Total 58mm for 23 hours still raining

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

The wind has been very impressive during the night and still this morning, little more rain has fallen though, so the ground is deginning to dry out.
    Tae laidir wrote: »
    The Global Warming Theorists would say this is an episode of the 'Little European Monsoon'

I believe most global warming theorists call this phenomenon, "weather":p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Spheric recorded just south of Kilkenny town. Anyone to confirm?

Didn't hear or see anything, but the power went all over south kilkenny for a while around that time last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I've just realised that three weather station software gives me different events and times, particularly frustrating as they should not adjust for anything except the temperature.

Almost no rain overnight, none caught my dishes are empty.
    My max wind was 42.9km/h Approx 09:00 to 09:18

I was woken a few times with the wind and what sounded like lashing rain, great, I love the curtains blowing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Where would i get a rainfall total for Galway City in the last 24/30 hrs?Just curious as we did get a fair splash of rain and its still going as a steady drizzle right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Aiel wrote: »
    Where would i get a rainfall total for Galway City in the last 24/30 hrs?Just curious as we did get a fair splash of rain and its still going as a steady drizzle right now.

Www.galwaycityweather.com might be of some help. It's run by one of our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A whopping 41.5mm in the gauge at 10am. Storm total at 46.9mm.

Still raining lightly. Blustery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Www.galwaycityweather.com might be of some help. It's run by one of our own.

Thank you so much for that website link,its great:).Its reading 30.8mm for the last 24hrs.Once again the drains on Shop St and surrounding streets couldnt handle the volume of water and overflowed last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Still wet and windy in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,165 ✭✭✭✭km79

Over 40 mm in east Galway and still raining lightly. Not really windy . But AWFUL depressing weather for June

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Been raining heavily since 8 last night. Stopped for an hour before that and before that it was pretty much raining all day. Don't have a gauge here unfortunately but our driveway is about 3cm deep in water

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

km79 wrote: »
    Over 40 mm in east Galway and still raining lightly. Not really windy . But AWFUL depressing weather for June
    That will all flow into the Shannon won't it?
    At the stage it's not a question of IF the Shannon floods but just how bad will it be. It usually take a few days for the run-off to reach the river.
    33mm for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

up to 60mm in Sligo now in 25hours. Still a few more hours left.

Had my rain gauge 5 years (yes its lasted long) and the previous record was 46mm in Sligo in July 2007 thunderstorms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

windy day down here in cork, would love to be down in youghal right now especially at high tide, i say the waves are massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Darwin

pauldry wrote: »
    up to 60mm in Sligo now in 25hours. Still a few more hours left.

Had my rain gauge 5 years (yes its lasted long) and the previous record was 46mm in Sligo in July 2007 thunderstorms

Paul, I think you need a temporary change of username to PaulWet :)
    Still bucketing down here in Laois, expecting the clearance to come in the next hour or two as the system moves off in a north east direction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement