Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »

Can we please get o1s1n banned for a couple of months?
    Just so our collective wallets will have time to heal and recuperate ;)

Master of the Universe

Hey now, I'm just trying to bring affordable gaming to the masses :p

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's a pretty good price for that given what they usually sell for.

My first thought was that they have to be stock photos, but he says what you see is what you get. Amazing condition. Some decent games with it too.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    My first thought was that they have to be stock photos, but he says what you see is what you get. Amazing condition. Some decent games with it too.

He's been trying to sell this for months. I got a few pics from him a while back and the quality looks great except for the port cover at the back that doesnt match the system colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Pinball machine going for 150€ needs a lot of work. The chap could be bargained way lower.

7280850628_3cb6154791_z.jpg

7280856186_f4a0a87cb9_z.jpg

I have no room nor the time to refurbish! He said text the number with offer and he will get back within 2 days! Good project if you have some time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

Where was the pic taken Safetoyboy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

waveform wrote: »
    Where was the pic taken Safetoyboy?

Dublin, he will deliver locally.

I picked up a gamegear with TV add on for 5€ too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mint condition, just without the stand, which in integral to the system and so, is therefore, NOT mint condition.

Whether it's muppets calling Actua Soccer on the Saturn "R@RE!!!" or folk calling an item "Mint" despite it being plainly not the case, it's infuriating.

Oh, turns out he won't allow me to comment on his ads.... make of that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mint condition, just without the stand, which in integral to the system and so, is therefore, NOT mint condition.

Whether it's muppets calling Actua Soccer on the Saturn "R@RE!!!" or folk calling an item "Mint" despite it being plainly not the case, it's infuriating.

Oh, turns out he won't allow me to comment on his ads.... make of that what you will

Ohh don't worry I'll gladly do that for you. ;-)

Also I posted on that Saturn thread last night saying that the games weren't rare at all... fudged the truth about owning a Saturn (I do not but I think I may buy one today...)

Posting a screen cap here as he deleted my other comments so I'm sure this comment is due for more of the same.

206591.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The video games section of adverts is a kip. Sellers have a free reign, you'd wanna be awake & know your stuff before using it. You get the odd bargain/good deal, but it's generally a mess.

Yeah it definitely needs better moderation from somebody who's actually in the know.

Achilles wrote: »
    Yeah it definitely needs better moderation from somebody who's actually in the know.

The feedback system is laughable, there needs to be a proper rating system

Check out the reply I just got from him, snotty bastard.

AAAAaaand a mod has just removed all my comments from the Virtual Boy ad.

Lovely... some of these people really need to look up the definitions of 'mint' and 'rare'.

• Advertisement

AAAAaaand a mod has just removed all my comments from the Virtual Boy ad.

Lovely... some of these people really need to look up the definitions of 'mint' and 'rare'.

I know, I really hate that crap.
    On a separate note, any offers on my mint condition PS3.

ps3smashed.jpg

Steve SI wrote: »
    I know, I really hate that crap.
    On a separate note, any offers on my mint condition PS3.

ps3smashed.jpg

Omg its in such good condition!

It's definately worth the asking price of €400!

Omg its in such good condition!

It's definately worth the asking price of €400!

€400!! WTF, I paid €600 for this when I bought it new.
    Asking is €595.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

As annoying as all the off topic waffling is on this forum, the moaning about adverts.ie is even worse. Either report the ads to the mods if they're against the rules, or STFU. It's especially worse if you're going in there on purpose to spoil peoples ads.

As annoying as all the off topic waffling is on this forum, the moaning about adverts.ie is even worse.

Take your own advice and report the 'off topic waffling' maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MalvinMcPot

Hi I'm new around these parts.

Adverts is a joke i got banned from posting on a guys ads for asking why his "boxed and complete, collectors condition atari 7800" had a tatty box and was missing a pad.

I also got a flak from people on this very thread concerning an untested free snes i put up almost making me out to be a thief. "not test = broke" I mean the thing is free, i had no cables to test it what more do they need. So i guess the entire gaming culture in Ireland is riddled with Del boy's leading to a lot of mistrust.

Hi I'm new around these parts.

Adverts is a joke i got banned from posting on a guys ads for asking why his "boxed and complete, collectors condition atari 7800" had a tatty box and was missing a pad.

Was that the 'new' 7800? We know it well :D
    I also got a flak from people on this very thread concerning an untested free snes i put up almost making me out to be a thief. "not test = broke" I mean the thing is free, i had no cables to test it what more do they need. So i guess the entire gaming culture in Ireland is riddled with Del boy's leading to a lot of mistrust.

I don't recall that, I'm sure it was nothing against you personally at all anyway. It's just a well known ebay & auction thing in general with electronics. The majority of the time, if an item is listed as untested, generally the seller is covering their ass regards a return. They can basically decline to refund you as the ad was listed as untested.

There are genuine cases, but the Del Boys vastly outnumber them when it comes to 'untested'

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/PANASONIC-FZ-10-3DO-CONSOLE-JAPAN-/400295541760?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item5d33793c00

Lads I'm looking for a 3d0 guru to tell me a fair price for a 3d0 and what the best model is.

The Guru's will tell you to avoid the FZ-10 model listed there, & go for an FZ-1 instead. Build quality is so much better, plus, it's just cooler.

Price for an unboxed console only, of the top of my head in & around €70/€80 plus postage...would that be about right? It's a while since I looked at them. Boxed would probably fetch about €120ish maybe?

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Was that the 'new' 7800? We know it well :D

I don't recall that, I'm sure it was nothing against you personally at all anyway. It's just a well known ebay & auction thing in general with electronics. The majority of the time, if an item is listed as untested, generally the seller is covering their ass regards a return. They can basically decline to refund you as the ad was listed as untested.

There are genuine cases, but the Del Boys vastly outnumber them when it comes to 'untested'

Ah i'm not worried about it. Yes the amazingly "new" 7800. I bought some items from that chap before and he regretted to inform me of his smoking habit which stank up the boxes and manuals of all the gear :mad:. Just an all round bad vibe from him then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement