Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I don't know what's worse, the fact that it's mega ultra rare or the fact that it's an obviously pirated cheap russian knockoff cart going for a premium...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

EnterNow wrote: »
    :D sorry but it was an obvious one

fair enough :pac:

the worst thing about auction sites is when they throw in a whole load of unrelated keyboards in the title "LOOK! Sega Mega drive for Sale Sega Nintendo Sony Playstation Saturn Monopoly IroningBoard" to get more search hits

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

No link or anything like that but apparently "Trader" in Akihabara have a Darius Alpha going for less than 600 euro.
    Pricey but a lot cheaper than they normally go for. I suppose this is directed at only one member of the forum but it might be worth contacting them if you really wanted it.
    Still not exactly cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Achilles wrote: »
    I don't know what's worse, the fact that it's mega ultra rare or the fact that it's an obviously pirated cheap russian knockoff cart going for a premium...

Which is clearly in the description,

what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Steve SI wrote: »
    No link or anything like that but apparently "Trader" in Akihabara have a Darius Alpha going for less than 600 euro.
    Pricey but a lot cheaper than they normally go for. I suppose this is directed at only one member of the forum but it might be worth contacting them if you really wanted it.
    Still not exactly cheap though.

Hmm, if its still there in July... Thanks for the tip. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MalvinMcPot

Lads whats a fair price on an unboxed atari jaguar with the epic shooter cybermorph?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Lads whats a fair price on an unboxed atari jaguar with the epic shooter cybermorph?

I paid €45 (+€25 shipping) for mine back in March with 3 games and 2 controllers.

I paid €45 (+€25 shipping) for mine back in March with 3 games and 2 controllers.

thanks bandit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Posted up my megadrive games on adverts. I suppose you could say there are no bargains to be had there because i based the prices on general ones from ebay.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/58-boxed-sega-megadrive-games/1693769

and the mega cd ones i have here..

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/5-sega-mega-cd-games/1695002

and a megadrive 2 with megacd attatchment..

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-megadrive-2-and-megacdii/1690109

theres some other stuff in my ads too.. ive 5 months to get rid of these so i dont mind letting them sit for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The Megacd is tempting but I just cannot bring myself to get a model 2.

Anybody know where to get a decent enough copy of Sonic Jam that won't cost me the price of a decent meal?

Thanks. There seem to be a few in ok enough condition on Amazon but most of the sellers won't ship to Ireland.... bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »
    Posted up my megadrive games on adverts. I suppose you could say there are no bargains to be had there because i based the prices on general ones from ebay.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/58-boxed-sega-megadrive-games/1693769

and the mega cd ones i have here..

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/5-sega-mega-cd-games/1695002

and a megadrive 2 with megacd attatchment..

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-megadrive-2-and-megacdii/1690109

theres some other stuff in my ads too.. ive 5 months to get rid of these so i dont mind letting them sit for a while.

Went to look at your other ads.
    NOOO!!!!, Citrix books :eek: :eek::eek: After my CCIE I truly never wish to see one again.

Good selection on megadrive games though so all is forgiven.

haha yeh i know, some lad offered me 40 for all of them, i should have accepted, seems like no one else wants them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I've never owned a Megadrive game in my life but I know that's a nice collection, its a sad day that sees that sold.

Can I ask though why Did you have Sonic 3 at that price? is it a good bit less common than other games?

I think this bloke may have been reading our thread earlier heh... but he really does hit the nail on the head.

It was probably that ultra mega rare version of Mario 2 that's shell was chiseled from ivory and gem studded. I hear it came with your own Shigeru Miyamoto clone.

Kind of reminds me of alphaeagles prices

I've never owned a Megadrive game in my life but I know that's a nice collection, its a sad day that sees that sold.

Can I ask though why Did you have Sonic 3 at that price? is it a good bit less common than other games?

I checked on ebay and thats what the average price was, i know thats not always correct but i have 5 months to sell these so i can always lower the prices down eventually. Ive sold it for near that price too already, so it must be around right!

Im not a huge megadrive player myself i have to admit, i didnt have one when i was younger and i rarely play those games so they are the first to go. My nes collection on the other hand, id rather not get married than sell them!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Kind of reminds me of alphaeagles prices

MalvinMcP ( not new to these pages.) LOL...whats wrong with my prices ????????????????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah, prices are prices. People can charge what they want. It's their stuff after all. Sometimes you do have to set things high on adverts seeing as nobody can offer above the asking - so why would you set asking low?

What bothers me (and most here I think) is when things are either misrepresented as being 'rare', 'mint', 'new in box' or just blatant reseller profiteering.

The profiteering is especially bad as it takes bargains away from those who want the items and tries to make a few quid off of it. As bad as being a ticket tout really.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Kind of reminds me of...

I think there's a line between complaining about how adverts.ie can attract sellers expecting well above market rates and singling out one seller. It's a fine line but its the difference between looking for changes in how adverts.ie operates and getting much too personal.

Crossing it brings at the very least internet drama, and there's enough of that everywhere else.

I think anyone who puts a price on something on adverts and expects to get that is deluded. you have to put higher than what you want, its the nature of that site.

a5y wrote: »
    I think there's a line between complaining about how adverts.ie can attract sellers expecting well above market rates and singling out one seller. It's a fine line but its the difference between looking for changes in how adverts.ie operates and getting much too personal.

Crossing it brings at the very least internet drama, and there's enough of that everywhere else.

Says the bloke that was ribbing somebody for selling very common Saturn games as 'Rare'.

*whistles innocently :D

Hey not attacking anyone. maybe should have added a smiley. Nothing wrong with your prices just asked yesterday how much a atari jaguar was. realized i wasn't being a gob****e offering 50 quid on a 70 quid jag....... merely an observation alpha. and i am fairly new around here i only have a handful of posts and this is an already established community. Sorry if i hurt your feelings again but you did ban me from commenting on your ads need to vent somewhere ;)

MalvinMcP ( not new to these pages.)

Whats that supposed to mean?

I think anyone who puts a price on something on adverts and expects to get that is deluded. you have to put higher than what you want, its the nature of that site.

Yea sure i do the same but when a fair offer is made i go with that i'm not into milking people.

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/

Anyone ever use these guys for arcade parts before? are they reliable?

Yea sure i do the same but when a fair offer is made i go with that i'm not into milking people.

I have no problem milking people, im not going to turn down money!

"I Like Money"

Mr._Krabs'_Love_of_Money.jpg

• Advertisement

I have no problem milking people, im not going to turn down money!

"I Like Money"

Mr._Krabs'_Love_of_Money.jpg

Lol who doesnt kieth.

You sold me a nes and three games last year and your prices were grand. sure you told me you had modded it when i met up with you to pick it up. Excellent adverts experience.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement