Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    The Guru's will tell you to avoid the FZ-10 model listed there, & go for an FZ-1 instead. Build quality is so much better, plus, it's just cooler.

Price for an unboxed console only, of the top of my head in & around €70/€80 plus postage...would that be about right? It's a while since I looked at them. Boxed would probably fetch about €120ish maybe?

Yeah, NTSC FZ-1 all the way(with a PAL PSU if you can manage it). Unfortunately those prices are about right at the moment. It should be a lot less for an unboxed FZ-1 but people seem to have settled on the €80-90 price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ugh nothing worse than a yellowed case due to there being a smoker in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MalvinMcPot

I presume goldstar model is as I've been reading a worthless, unreliable model?

Thanks for all the help lads. SteveSi sorry about that graphics card should have checked the form factor before bidding a derp moment for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I presume goldstar model is as I've been reading a worthless, unreliable model?

They're definitely the lesser choice. Go for a Panasonic R.E.A.L which are the FZ1's. Try tp get NTSC if possible as Steve suggested also, for 60Hz gameplay. There's no region locks afaik either

• Advertisement

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_to_n64_adapter/index.php

Any you lads see this chaps adapters?

He does gamecube to n64 and nes...... wavebird anyone?

Thanks for all the help lads. SteveSi sorry about that graphics card should have checked the form factor before bidding a derp moment for me.

No bother man.
    They're definitely the lesser choice. Go for a Panasonic R.E.A.L which are the FZ1's. Try tp get NTSC if possible as Steve suggested also, for 60Hz gameplay. There's no region locks afaik either

No region locks but there is a very small handful of Jap games and demos that wont play on PAL or US NTSC systems because of a missing Kanji font on those systems.

Steve SI wrote: »

No region locks but there is a very small handful of Jap games and demos that wont play on PAL or US NTSC systems because of a missing Kanji font on those systems.

That is the kind of thing that would bug me. I'll be on the hunt for a jap system so. cheers all:)

SteveSi were would i get an arcade machine like your? that thing was lovely. Since the bro took his Naomi with him I've been twitching for an arcade fix.

SteveSi were would i get an arcade machine like your? that thing was lovely. Since the bro took his Naomi with him I've been twitching for an arcade fix.

Not many Egret 3's knocking around at the moment from what I can see. Lots of them in Japan of course if you are willing to sort out shipping and all that.
    There might be a group order happening here on boards in the next couple of months(order coming from Japan) and I know we have a load of Egret 3's available for that, should it go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This may seem like a lot of money for a Sonic statue, but it's a really good price given what they've been selling for recently -

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280885024273&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:NL:1123

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Take your own advice and report the 'off topic waffling' maybe?

I don't care enough about the off topic stuff on here to report posts.

The adverts related moaning is nothing but incredibly childish and petty, though. Anyway, moving on..

Not many Egret 3's knocking around at the moment from what I can see. Lots of them in Japan of course if you are willing to sort out shipping and all that.
    There might be a group order happening here on boards in the next couple of months(order coming from Japan) and I know we have a load of Egret 3's available for that, should it go ahead.

How would i get in on that? and what would it cost me? very interested.

Master of the Universe

The adverts related moaning is nothing but incredibly childish and petty, though. Anyway, moving on..

It is fun to take the piss out of people who are taking the piss. Simples.

Master of the Universe

How would i get in on that? and what would it cost me? very interested.

I think it's just a case of watch this space for the moment. There's a whole gang of us who are interested. Should be some sight to behold once the container lands!

o1s1n wrote: »
    I think it's just a case of watch this space for the moment. There's a whole gang of us who are interested. Should be some sight to behold once the container lands!
    a nerd feeding frenzy
    lolol

yea i'll watch this space so. But what kind of coin would i be looking at? fairly new to the arcade scene as i said i took the brothers cab for granted now I'm missing it bad.

Because we take the p1ss out of people who are chancing their arm? Seriously?

I don't care enough about the off topic stuff on here to report posts.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb5Q8ekSaHzlb2xzChdkC84pYbehm4CffORwPUhTjMzO3ezouY

Master of the Universe

a nerd feeding frenzy
    lolol

yea i'll watch this space so. But what kind of coin would i be looking at? fairly new to the arcade scene as i said i took the brothers cab for granted now I'm missing it bad.

Well from what Steve_SI has said, the order will be taken before anything is shipped. So there shouldn't be a frenzy to get them really - if you want one then it can be added to the order.

No idea of costs, but we've been told it won't be anywhere near the usual crazy prices for candy cabs in Europe.

By the way, why an Egret 3 as a matter of interest? From what I've read, the Egret 2 is held in higher regard. Do you want it mainly because it has a tri sync monitor? The Egret 2's monitor can be rotated vertically, which is sheer amazing :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb5Q8ekSaHzlb2xzChdkC84pYbehm4CffORwPUhTjMzO3ezouY

Hahaha a picture always says it best :D

• Advertisement

Well from what Steve_SI has said, the order will be taken before anything is shipped. So there shouldn't be a frenzy to get them really - if you want one then it can be added to the order.

No idea of costs, but we've been told it won't be anywhere near the usual crazy prices for candy cabs in Europe.

By the way, why an Egret 3 as a matter of interest? From what I've read, the Egret 2 is held in higher regard. Do you want it mainly because it has a tri sync monitor? The Egret 2's monitor can be rotated vertically, which is sheer amazing :)

Yeah, costs will be cheaper than the usual prices if we can get this going.

Personally I prefer the look of the E3 than the E2, but I plan on getting an E2 next. The rotation mech on it will be very handy indeed and is probably why its so sought after.

sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I cant wait to see it

And to pre-empt Johnny Ultimate's inevitable request, no, loading up the back of someones cab with Ramen won't be permitted. It'll drive up the shipment charges.

Master of the Universe

Yeah, costs will be cheaper than the usual prices if we can get this going.

Personally I prefer the look of the E3 than the E2, but I plan on getting an E2 next. The rotation mech on it will be very handy indeed and is probably why its so sought after.

Rotate mechs add a lot to the value of a cab alright. Sure you see the money some shmup fans spend on games - I'm sure some of them would even amputate limbs for a rotatable cab :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Sure you see the money some shmup fans spend on games

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Achilles wrote: »

Careful now, we wouldn't want to be annoying anyone :rolleyes:

Careful now, we wouldn't want to be annoying anyone :rolleyes:

Ah grow up :)