Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Pyongyang wrote: »
    No malice here, and I broke no rules. Misread the ad and would have offered asking anyway like I did originally when I thought it was €5.

Can we just shake hands, ruffle each others hair and call truce? :)

No rules broke whatsoever, the seller saw your offer as the better offer and so:

A WINNER IS YOU!

But the "I'm first in line" comment was a load a bull**** tbf! ;)

EnterNow wrote: »
    And a friendship was forever born

Gaiares > Darius 2

And a war was born! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

waveform wrote: »
    But the "I'm first in line" comment was a load a bull**** tbf! ;)

I knew what he meant though,
    He meant
    "balls!! i messed up, THAT GAME IS MINE!!!11!!!"

ahyeahok wrote: »
    I knew what he meant though,
    He meant:

"balls!! i messed up, THAT GAME IS MINE!!!11!!!"

hahahahahaha! pwned!

Bully-boy tactics if ever i've seen them! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Darius

love-you-300x298.jpg

Darius 2 > Gaiares

And a war was born! ;)

I have Gaiares. Great game. Shockingly I don't have Darius II. Been meaning to buy it for ages. Instead I'll be snapping up the MD and Saturn versions in Akihabara in about...oooh.... 6 and a half weeks from now. :D

Bully-boy tactics if ever i've seen them! :D

11_i-love-you.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement

love-you-300x298.jpg

I have Gaiares. Great game. Shockingly I don't have Darius II. Been meaning to buy it for ages. Instead I'll be snapping up the MD and Saturn versions in Akihabara in about...oooh.... 6 and a half weeks from now. :D

11_i-love-you.jpg

Re: ninja edit - I see what you did thar!

Wasn't expecting to use a Natalie Dee on me! :eek:

And so a truce was forever born!

Here's one of my favourites:

maybe-a-frog.jpg

I have a load of favs of hers saved on my harddrive somewhere, must give them an oul look again.

Steep alright, it doesn't even have a VGA grading on the window!

Throw it in the bin!

Steep alright, it doesn't even have a VGA grading on the window!

Throw it in the bin!

Aye but it's a rare game. €80 is the full roast and then some. Chip a few quid off it and you're set if anyone wants to haggle?

Aye but it's a rare game. €80 is the full roast and then some. Chip a few quid off it and you're set if anyone wants to haggle?

SMB 2 PAL always felt weird to me as a kid, and I could never put my finger on it!

Couldn't understand why it was so different to 1 + 3.

Was very innocent and naive, and didn't read gaming mags at the time,

wasn't even the legal of age of consent,

so had no idea of a near identical game in Japan called "Oki Doki Panic".

Was anyone else in the same boat on here, young or "Ciderman"? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well here's something I can say I've never seen, a complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for sale in Ireland.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Panzer-Dragoon-Saga-/270978299664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item3f1790b710

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well here's something I can say I've never seen, a complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for sale in Ireland.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Panzer-Dragoon-Saga-/270978299664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item3f1790b710

41573_102718539769263_5670313_n.jpg

I've seen prices elsewhere that were......

attachment.php?attachmentid=38596&stc=1&d=1172508689

....way_fairer!

yeeaaaahh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

This could be a bargain (for spares), but its really a buyer beware situation. No photo and collection only (Castlerea, Roscommon), but still...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/N64-SEGA-MEGA-DRIVE-PS1-/270981272699?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3f17be147b

"three nintendo 64 2 sega mega drives
    4 playstaion 1

consoles only

can post email for quaotes"

Yeah ok, its not going to win awards for advertising and English teachers around the country are clenching their fists uncontrollably right about now, but the current bidding on it is €0.01 and the seller has 91/100% feedback.

5 days to go on it and no buy it now price however.

Incremental bids in as the american's would say.... "quarters" / 25c.

That's pretty low!

Nothing to stop the seller using a "cataylst" bidder though. ;)

*And with that ebay just updated their GUI in the last 10 mins or so.

I was wondering why the site became unresponsive.

*Borderline insanity 3rd ebay post, but it is almost midnight! ;)

Not knowing much about the Speccies, I never even heard of a Microdrive before,
    but here you go:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160807234549&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:GB:1123

541985541_o.jpg?nc=578

800px-ZX_Microdrive%2C_opened%2C_compared_to_compact_cassette.png

That's my new thing learned for today, and just in the nick of time too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

YOINK!

Thanks. :)
    ah nice one , glad it worked out in the end.
    and ahyeahok, did you check the infideals site , they had it with no manual but boxed fairly cheap.
    I luff Gynoug, I still have my original Jap version.
    Heres me playing it and dying repeatedly

a5y wrote: »
    This could be a bargain (for spares), but its really a buyer beware situation. No photo and collection only (Castlerea, Roscommon), but still...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/N64-SEGA-MEGA-DRIVE-PS1-/270981272699?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3f17be147b

"three nintendo 64 2 sega mega drives
    4 playstaion 1

consoles only

can post email for quaotes"

Yeah ok, its not going to win awards for advertising and English teachers around the country are clenching their fists uncontrollably right about now, but the current bidding on it is €0.01 and the seller has 91/100% feedback.

5 days to go on it and no buy it now price however.

Pretty sure its this guy http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/nitendo-64-ps1-sega-mega-drive/1656455
    not a man of many words or a proper description.
    He messaged me late on friday night to collect the mega drive consoles on the saturday but he left it too late for me to organise so I pulled out.

Probably one of these that if you did collect you might end up getting something decent. He said he had games but never bothered to reply to me what exactly he has.
    Worth a gamble for someone.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    ahyeahok, did you check the infideals site ,

Ah I'll pick it up again in the future, its on my every growing shortlist for now.

Have Granada on the way though, was looking thru vids on youtube a few weeks ago to see what the game was like etc.
    and came across a dodgy review which helped make me make up my mind and get it...

If you won and went for local pick up,
    you'd probably be met by a greeting like this:

cA99R.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Granada is fantastic (but you knew I'd say that right.. ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Pretty sure its this guy http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/nitendo-64-ps1-sega-mega-drive/1656455
    He messaged me late on friday night to collect the mega drive consoles on the saturday but he left it too late for me to organise so I pulled out.

Probably one of these that if you did collect you might end up getting something decent. He said he had games but never bothered to reply to me what exactly he has.
    Worth a gamble for someone.

Suspect you're right.

That lack of a clear description is a pet hate of mine. I understand sellers often don't know what they've got if they from a generation that never played video games, and that attaching a photo is actually pretty complicated and unintuitive if you've never done it before, but it still has me banging my head off the wall. :p

If you won and went for local pick up,
    you'd probably be met by a greeting like this:
    [/IMG]

With a ebay name like joesphhhbeirne2010 i think it would be more along the lines of
    11428393_gal.jpg

a5y wrote: »
    Suspect you're right.

That lack of a clear description is a pet hate of mine. I understand sellers often don't know what they've got if they from a generation that never played video games, and that attaching a photo is actually pretty complicated and unintuitive if you've never done it before, but it still has me banging my head off the wall. :p

I'm the same, that guy had a very vague ad that was erased by adverts so he put up a similar one afterwards... I may have been a small bit rude when I asked him for a clear description.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Probably nothing off great interest, but has anyone come across this game before.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140755441381?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Aparently a hack of sonic 2 for the megadrive. Interesting to see a hard copy of it for the megadrive. The seller has other hack games on his auctions also.

Bit pricey for me though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kolido wrote: »
    Probably nothing off great interest, but has anyone come across this game before.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140755441381?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Aparently a hack of sonic 2 for the megadrive. Interesting to see a hard copy of it for the megadrive. The seller has other hack games on his auctions also.

Bit pricey for me though.

Whatever you spend on it is money down the toilet. Repros aren't worth the price of the eeproms they are burnt on to.

Master of the Universe

Still sealed Darxide!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110876120435&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

CIB Darxide which the seller has let go as a standard auction. Currently on GBP 411.00 with almost 9 days to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320912192120&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anybody have a decent price for the Everdrive for Mega Drive?

Seriously thinking of giving that a purchase...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Still sealed Darxide!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110876120435&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

CIB Darxide which the seller has let go as a standard auction. Currently on GBP 411.00 with almost 9 days to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320912192120&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Thats gonna be a problem, is a 32X complete set a reality? Not at those prices.

Perhaps repro's do offer some validity in these cases? Say I had all 32X games bar this? There's no way I'm shelling out that kind of money for it, so, for the sake of completion, do you go repro? Or do you leave one empty slot on your shelf?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Achilles wrote: »
    Anybody have a decent price for the Everdrive for Mega Drive?

Seriously thinking of giving that a purchase...

Check them out over on Stoneage gamer. They're brilliant yolks. Definitely go for one!

The latest version has a load more features my one doesnt. Like being able to bring up a menu of games without needing to reset. I think it has savestates too.
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Thats gonna be a problem, is a 32X complete set a reality? Not at those prices.

Perhaps repro's do offer some validity in these cases? Say I had all 32X games bar this? There's no way I'm shelling out that kind of money for it, so, for the sake of completion, do you go repro? Or do you leave one empty slot on your shelf?

I think any collector (especially a 32x collector) should go into the hobby with full knowledge of the limitations to what he may get within his budget.

I really don't think the high prices of Darxide mean people should make repros. If people cant afford the game and want a complete set then there's a much easier solution - NTSC US.

All repros do is make buying legit games for collectors an absolute minefield, especially when it comes to rare ones. It's awful :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement