Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Well it's more of a variety show that usually involves a lot of imaginative stripping acts. But's all done with a sort of 1920s to 1940s vibe.

People in the audience tend to dress up in that style as well.

Although you'd know most of them aren't regular hat wearers as they keep their hats on indoors all night which to me is VERY bad hatiquette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »
    Well it's more of a variety show that usually involves a lot of imaginative stripping acts. But's all done with a sort of 1920s to 1940s vibe.

People in the audience tend to dress up in that style as well.

Although you'd know most of them aren't regular hat wearers as they keep their hats on indoors all night which to me is VERY bad hatiquette.

Ok your bordering hipster status now with hatiquette & all...if I were you I'd use this opportunity to randomly assault Retr0. That's what I always to to take the heat off myself here :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,179 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

EnterNow wrote: »
    Joking aside, how did Sir Ultimate happen to become tagged as a hipster? Is it his tastes in apparel? His strong dislike of Zombies? His love for rubbish films [troll mode engaged :p]? Enlighten me, how did we create a hipster?

I don't even know. My jeans are baggy too.

:(

I don't even know. My jeans are baggy too.

:(

Just another A&R'ism?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,179 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

584552031.jpg?key=5291002&Expires=1337794654&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=uZjFtQmLOZFPXZ2o8kGt~pwHuwy0G5ZCamWdSMjvuamqKg74nX4x9fKpuXvSxg5g7Teu0lZUz~lXn0hSvG9tJoSx7-FGhU7UYPJ22Mpf~CCZMKrtAUEv3nPcRCzrcVwsTtwjmCfvFvw2n4341fLNn27LZcyPlms9ALPJGF7iDz0_

New Tokyo Tower compared to various monsters and robots.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,893 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Topping the charts in Japan is a PSP gem entitled: 'My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Cute Portable Can't Possibly Continue'

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Topping the charts in Japan is a PSP gem entitled: 'My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Cute Portable Can't Possibly Continue'

I presume you've already ordered it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,893 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This one I'm not even going to look up on youtube because I'd rather not have special branch knocking on my door.

From Wikipedia:
    Kyosuke Kosaka, a normal 17-year-old high school student living in Chiba,[3] has not gotten along with his younger sister Kirino in years. For longer than he can remember, Kirino has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Kyōsuke and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever. One day however, Kyosuke finds a DVD case of a magical girl anime which had fallen in his house's entrance way. To Kyosuke's surprise, he finds a hidden eroge (an adult game) inside the case and he soon learns that both the DVD and the game belong to Kirino. That night, Kirino brings Kyosuke to her room and reveals herself to be an otaku with an extensive collection of moe anime and younger sister-themed eroge she has been collecting in secret. Kyosuke quickly becomes Kirino's confidant for her secret hobby.

While Conception Please have my children sounded like a good and interesting game this one does exactly what it says on the tin. Moe **** fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

Top WTF Japan game of the year for the title alone!
    This one I'm not even going to look up on youtube because I'd rather not have special branch knocking on my door.

Unoriginal Booooooo! ;)

"We'd head to YouTube to find out more but we really don't want to wind up on a government watchlist."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-23-japan-chart-my-little-sister-cant-possibly-be-this-cute-takes-top-spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Joking aside, how did Sir Ultimate happen to become tagged as a hipster? Is it his tastes in apparel? His strong dislike of Zombies? His love for rubbish films [troll mode engaged :p]? Enlighten me, how did we create a hipster?

I called him a hipster once ages ago for a comment he made (cant remember what) and just kept at it until it stuck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I've a massive pain in the tits with adverts.ie at the mo', whatwith even high-rated members randomly just dropping out of a deal with the wishy-washiest reasons-If you even get one, that is.

waveform wrote: »
    Unoriginal Booooooo! ;)

"We'd head to YouTube to find out more but we really don't want to wind up on a government watchlist."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-23-japan-chart-my-little-sister-cant-possibly-be-this-cute-takes-top-spot

I've used that joke years before eurogamer, making it even more unoriginal. I also stole it from someone else.

I've used that joke years before eurogamer, making it even more unoriginal. I also stole it from someone else.

The first few links that came up in google use it word for word also, so butter wouldn't exactly melt in eurogamer's mouth either!

"Great artists steal"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Cool. The Science Gallery's next exhibition is going to be a gaming one with retro gaming components.

LINK:

http://www.sciencegallery.com/game
    ATTN: passing on the message: have you any ideas on what ye'd like to see? it'd be really helpful for the organizers.
    ~<3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sera wrote: »
    ATTN: passing on the message: have you any ideas on what ye'd like to see? it'd be really helpful for the organizers.
    ~<3

Boulder Dash:D

~<3

Looking at their objectives and explanation of the exhbition,
    they seem to have a very broad and clear understanding of the gaming scene as a whole.
    Which is great, and is it making it hard for me to come up with any suggestions that are not so obvious.

I think a lot of our suggestions would be on the retro side of these things,
    so maybe we could help out there to show people how the games evolved,
    and not to take too much away from the exhibition exploring the future of games.

Here's an idea, icon3.gif
    why don't we kickstart Steve's idea in the A Call to Action Comrades thread by using this exhibition as a stepping stone
    and perhaps hosting a "Retro Day" if this is welcomed by the organizers.

Since Steve proposed this idea, I guess he would be the one to contact them.

If he wasn't interested then I suppose we could work as a group also.

~<3

4 player warlords on the 2600. I'd pay money in just for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

waveform wrote: »
    Looking at their objectives and explanation of the exhbition,
    they seem to have a very broad and clear understanding of the gaming scene as a whole.
    Which is great, and is it making it hard for me to come up with any suggestions that are not so obvious.

I think a lot of our suggestions would be on the retro side of these things,
    so maybe we could help out there to show people how the games evolved,
    and not to take too much away from the exhibition exploring the future of games.

Here's an idea, icon3.gif
    why don't we kickstart Steve's idea in the A Call to Action Comrades thread by using this exhibition as a stepping stone
    and perhaps hosting a "Retro Day" if this is welcomed by the organizers.

Since Steve proposed this idea, I guess he would be the one to contact them.

If he wasn't interested then I suppose we could work as a group also.

Anyone can take this and run with it as far as I'm concerned. I'll gladly do my bit but if someone wants to contact them and get some information and all that then cool.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Anyone can take this and run with it as far as I'm concerned. I'll gladly do my bit but if someone wants to contact them and get some information and all that then cool.

What's your initial view on this?

Do you think it would be a suitable stepping stone for your idea?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm drunk and have a hotel room in kilkenny...... Retr0?

I'm not drunk, in Dublin and addicted to Xenoblade so no man hugs for you tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm not drunk, in Dublin and addicted to Xenoblade so no man hugs for you tonight.

Why won't you just give me a baby already!!!!

Argh!

PSN has got to have the slowest download service out there. I'm a Plus member and it's still taken me over 30 minutes to download just 200mb on a 30MB connection.

Argh!

PSN has got to have the slowest download service out there. I'm a Plus member and it's still taken me over 30 minutes to download just 200mb on a 30MB connection.

It only does everything.

I'm downloading the Eternity Clock... it's taking an eternity to download... am I right?

Latest Retro Gamer mag is out (issue 103).
    Just grabbed it on the iPad.

RG_103.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

4 player warlords on the 2600. I'd pay money in just for that.

8 Player Micro Machines on the MegaDrive too!
    (Turbo Tournament? Or was it 96?)

Plus a side by side comparison of Sonic in 50Hz and 60Hz.
    If people aren't ringing up Joe Duffy to complain once they learn the truth then its all for nothing!

a5y wrote: »
    Plus a side by side comparison of Sonic in 50Hz and 60Hz.
    If people aren't ringing up Joe Duffy to complain once they learn the truth then its all for nothing!

Proper order.

• Advertisement

ebyrioposter34kwiggle88.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement