Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

Steve SI wrote: »
    Anyone can take this and run with it as far as I'm concerned. I'll gladly do my bit but if someone wants to contact them and get some information and all that then cool.

Hi All,

I'm the researcher for the GAME exhibition at The Science Gallery. You guys got there before I got a chance to post the open call here. :)

Submit your ideas for the exhibition, but in the meantime, if you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers,

/// Vicky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

whykay wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm the researcher for the GAME exhibition at The Science Gallery. You guys got there before I got a chance to post the open call here. :)

Submit your ideas for the exhibition, but in the meantime, if you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers,

/// Vicky

Hi Vicky

Can Retr0 go?

4fzs6x.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Monster World collection has just been released on PSN and XBLA. Emulation is handled by M2 so it supposedly amazing. Everyone really needs to pick this up. It also contains the first english release of Monster World 4 which is one of the best metroid type games ever made. I'm pretty sure I read that in has loads of bonuses as well like including every version of each game, so if it came on a different platform it is included and each regional variation as well.
    whykay wrote: »
    Hi All,

Cheers,

/// Vicky

What's the theme and what type of exhibitions are you looking at? Is it the history of games or about the tech or are you going to put a few consoles out with examples of games on them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh my head!

I apologise for everything last night!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh my head!

I REGRET NOTHING! *insert evil laugh here*

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Monster World collection has just been released on PSN and XBLA. Emulation is handled by M2 so it supposedly amazing. Everyone really needs to pick this up. It also contains the first english release of Monster World 4 which is one of the best metroid type games ever made. I'm pretty sure I read that in has loads of bonuses as well like including every version of each game, so if it came on a different platform it is included and each regional variation as well.

aww no dragons trap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What's the theme and what type of exhibitions are you looking at? Is it the history of games or about the tech or are you going to put a few consoles out with examples of games on them?

Shame on us for not reading the page properly! ;)

http://www.sciencegallery.com/game

GAME is Science Gallery’s end of year exhibition for 2012. We are interested in receiving proposals for exhibits, events and workshops along the following themes,
    • Game Technology from state of the art physics, graphics, animation and audio to augmented reality to cutting edge interfaces to neuro-gaming
    • Game Design from the art of games, to the mechanics of games and game narratives and storytelling
    • Games & Society from gamification to competitive games to the psychology of gaming and serious games to gaming as a professional sport to the opportunity for gaming to make us better
    • History of Games from Spacewar! to the first home consoles to speculative pieces exploring the future of gaming
    • Game production and the business of games – what do game designers consider in developing a new game, how do games make money and what are the new trends in this growing market?

We could certainly help out with the History of Games theme!

The objectives are listed on there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Strange one, anywhere in Dublin sell Sugru?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh my head!

I apologise for everything last night!

At least I now know how you really feel about me :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose the "History of Games" is our natural habitat then, given we, collectively, own most of it!
    The "Game Design" will have to have some sort of historical references, and again, we have most of the best examples of this as well amongst us.
    So, Vicky, how can we help you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

safetyboy wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76159037

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I suppose the "History of Games" is our natural habitat then, given we, collectively, own most of it!
    The "Game Design" will have to have some sort of historical references, and again, we have most of the best examples of this as well amongst us.
    So, Vicky, how can we help you?

For modern game design we wouldn't be the ones to talk to though. I'd ask over in the games main forum or the games editing forum, there's a few regulars that work in the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

safetyboy wrote: »

I think the Science Gallery shop in TCD had it last time I was in there, coincidentally enough! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

ibqprm34lbQFqo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

DinoRex wrote: »
    (snip gif)

Modern Warefare 5?
    Final Fantasy 15?
    Online play?

... Thanks but no thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Remember, stay safe folk :)

Skinny Jeans Are Bad For Your Health
    http://gizmodo.com/5912709/skinny-jeans-are-damaging-your-health

We should all feel sorry for people like Johnny_Ultimate and not give him such a hard time. Imagine not being able to enjoy Terminator 2 non-ironically?

I prefer Terminator 3 to Terminator 2... now that's hipster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

No, your just wrong

I just hated all the crap with the Terminator learning to be human and the annoying kid.

Loved the original film though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,439 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I just hated all the crap with the Terminator learning to be human and the annoying kid.

Loved the original film though.

A friend of mine in work said something similar a while ago.

He's no longer my friend in work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm never going to the films with you again... :(

And if you were really hipster, you'd prefer Godfather 3 over Godfather 2, just imagine the gasps in the hipster community as the line no one would ever cross is scuffed into nothingness by your audacity!
    "Sofia Coppola is great in it", sound of fainting hipster film fans....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I actually quite enjoy T2 non-ironically. It's like B Movie sci-fi with a budget for a change! Same with Aliens, not the same with Avatar.

That said, John is an annoying little git in it. The scene in the car where he teaches Arnie a series of 90s cliches is ridiculous. Sacrilege you may call it, but its the only scene in the film that bothers me. Even all that cheesy stuff near the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

a5y wrote: »
    Modern Warefare 5?
    Final Fantasy 15?
    Online play?

... Thanks but no thanks :D

but...

shenmue 3!

Master of the Universe

Terminator 2 and Aliens are greater than anything created by Akira Kurosawa. Fact.

I'm never going to the films with you again... :(

And if you were really hipster, you'd prefer Godfather 3 over Godfather 2, just imagine the gasps in the hipster community as the line no one would ever cross is scuffed into nothingness by your audacity!
    "Sofia Coppola is great in it", sound of fainting hipster film fans....

I did not care for the Godfather films.

They insist upon themselves.

Alien is better than Aliens.....

End of line.

End of line.

This is true... and it doesn't matter how much you might like David Fincher now, Alien 3 is still awful.

Master of the Universe

Hey Ciderdude, I think you may be confusion your films there. Aliens is the one with Michael Biehn in it, not Alien.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

End of line.
    but but but , they're apples and oranges
    Alien is a slasher film , Aliens is a war movie.You cant really compare them to each other in a straight comparison.
    Alien 3 was a basically a david fincher film that kind of defies pigeon holding.
    Alien Ressurection was ****e.

THERE WERE NO ALIEN VS PREDATOR MOVIES MADE!
    EVER
    AND IF THERE WAS THEY CERTAINLY WOULD NOT BE A RUBBISH PG ONE IN AN ANTARCTIC PYRAMID AND A TURD OF A HORROR MOVIE SET INEXPLICABLY IN A SMALL U.S. TOWN IN THE PRESENT DAY
    I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALALA!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement