Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Honey-ec wrote: »
    but picture Man Utd. jerseys

That was enough for me.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ew... Dutch Mould.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

That_Guy wrote: »
    If he is already with somebody then why risk being noticed by a mate or one of her mates? I don't get people sometimes.

There's a lot of as$holes out there, lads will cover for lads.

As the old joke goes..

Friendship among women: A woman doesn't come home at night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a friend's house. The man calls his wife's ten best friends. None of them know about it.

Friendship among men: A man doesn't come home at night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's house. The woman calls her husband's ten best friends. Eight of them say he slept over. Two claim he's still there.

I'd say there is a lot of marriages breaking up nowadays due to the visibility that the internetz puts on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

sammye333 wrote: »
    Its not just lads that are looking . Had married woman to me for couple weeks. She said she didnt want anything to happen, just the thrill of getting her ego stroked????

I have had a lot of guys presume "separated" means "married & looking for a little on the side". Then again I've also had "looking for a relationship" be interpreted as "booty call"

Clearly I'm either putting across the wrong message or I'm attracting the wrong type of guy. Then gain my POF account has been active for a week and NADA! Thankfully I'm busy elsewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

LoTwan wrote: »
    I have had a lot of guys presume "separated" means "married & looking for a little on the side".

Jesus, maybe that explains all the "chocolate stick" type messages I've been getting.

Pics going on private this evening. Not sure if I'm strong enough to quit POF cold turkey...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I suppose i should hide the Man Utd Jersey i wear to the gym then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I suppose i should hide the Man Utd Jersey i wear to the gym then :(

You really should. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Phone number. When he gave it to me he said he doesn't "do" texts, which I thought was a *little* odd, but I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it did mean that we were doing all our communicating on POF. Anyway, I do like to *actually* speak to someone before I meet them so I texted him last night saying "Fair warning, I'm going to ring you in half an hour or so, think we need to have an actual conversation or two before Friday..." Rang him 40 minutes or so later and his phone went straight to voicemail. (This also happened the one other time I rang him, he said later he was out of coverage in Meath somewhere.)

Anyway, messaged him this morning saying "I have to say, I'm starting to find it slightly weird/worrying that you're virtually uncontactable outside of POF..."

Next time I check, he's blocked me. I know I should consider it a lucky escape, but Jesus jumped-up Christ on a chariot-driven Sidecar, how, and more importantly, WHY do some people put so much time and energy into being time-wasters???

He is probably already in a relationship or married and has a 2nd phone which is rarely or something. Maybe isn't not quite that bad but he is either very odd or hiding something to not want to text or talk on phone before date. After all you did swap numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

We are going to see The Cabin in the Woods horror and she says god help me sitting beside her as she is a "bit of a screamer" (sounds promising;))

Hopefully she can clear up her not wanting "nice guys" comment and all will be rosey!

Good luck with anyone having a date tonight!!:)

She just txt to cancel the cinema date tonight......gutted!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Maybe she had a valid reason?

• Advertisement

We are going to see The Cabin in the Woods horror and she says god help me sitting beside her as she is a "bit of a screamer" (sounds promising;))

Hopefully she can clear up her not wanting "nice guys" comment and all will be rosey!

Good luck with anyone having a date tonight!!:)

Oh no :-( was it a "can we reschedule?" or a "kthxbai"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

If someone cancels a date would you leave the ball in their court to suggest rescheduling? I HAD to cancel a few days ago and haven't heard from him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

mood wrote: »
    If someone cancels a date would you leave the ball in their court to suggest rescheduling? I HAD to cancel a few days ago and haven't heard from him since.

If I had to cancel a date on legit grounds, I'd make an effort to organise another rather than waiting for him to make the first move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Maybe she had a valid reason?

She had a reason....tiredness; whether its valid I will never know!!
    Oh no :-( was it a "can we reschedule?" or a "kthxbai"?

Really not sure....I suggested rescheduling for over the weekend and she said it would be nice, would have preferred if she had have mentioned that first though:(
    mood wrote: »

As I said above, she cancelled and never suggested rescheduling so I took the lead and asked if she fancied doing something over the weekend and she said it would be nice to catch up over the weekend. Now whether that happens remains to be seen but there is no point playing games, if I was too proud and waited for her to come up with a new date (which would have been fair enough) then she may have thought, "god he doesn't seem that bothered" and never contact me!

I would say it would be up to you to reschedule and see what he says, if I was him and had a keen interest, I would have suggested it myself after a few txts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

tatumkelly wrote: »
    If I had to cancel a date on legit grounds, I'd make an effort to organise another rather than waiting for him to make the first move.

I'd be the same. The other person may not know if they were legit grounds or a lack of interest, so might feel the ball was in your court.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

In response to the whole boardsie thing, joined last week, first message received, boardsie, one of my chemistry matches, boardsie.I don't even know that many boardsies to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

I've only ever spotted one boardsie on POF :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I_am_LOST wrote: »

Other than the two that I know from here I wouldn't know a boardsie if I fell over one. Is there a secret handshake that I haven't learned yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Other than the two that I know from here I wouldn't know a boardsie if I fell over one. Is there a secret handshake that I haven't learned yet?
    You recognise them from the various know your posters threads and also from going to beers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

I_am_LOST wrote: »

Any Ive spotted are because they had posted the same photo in a "Know Your ...." thread.

(if anyones threatened/offered to blast you with p**s chances are youve met an AHer :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Apart from one boardsie, nobody has messaged me or stumbled across my profile as far as I know.. Unless incognito

ceegee wrote: »
    Any Ive spotted are because they had posted the same photo in a "Know Your ...." thread.

(if anyones threatened/offered to blast you with p**s chances are youve met an AHer :) )

Where's this know your boardsie thread?

• Administrators Posts: 53,557 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Theres one in this forum (know your clubber), the ladies lounge, and various other forums, know your nerds is probably the biggest one(in the cool vids pics and links forum)

awec wrote: »
    There's a know your clubbers thread in this section and also a know your loungers thread in the ladies lounge.

I think between both threads most regular posters on the 2 sections have at least 1 photo up.

Ah, can't upload directly and I don't think I've anything on the net that isn't private (i.e facebook/twitter)

There's a know your clubbers thread in this section and also a know your loungers thread in the ladies lounge.

I think between both threads most regular posters on the 2 sections have at least 1 photo up.

I went, I looked, I'm enlightened.

Does it have to be an internet link to a pic yeah?

• Administrators Posts: 53,557 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Advertisement

Some hotties, eh? :P

Such youth. So much youth!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement