Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I've been watching both of you for ages now...

[/creep]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Galvasean wrote: »
    I've been watching both of you for ages now...

[/creep]

Wait, what?

Haha, it's just that nobody else bar the two of you has posted in ages. I thought I'd introduce myself in the freakiest way possible :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Galva was feeling left out Lynds. :D

Haha, it's just that nobody else bar the two of you has posted in ages. I thought I'd introduc myself in the freakiest way possible :P

Way to interrupt our scintillating conversation! :mad:

• Advertisement

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Way to interrupt our scintillating conversation! :mad:

Dont mind me, I'm just a curious little rhino...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    yea our titillation has been irrevocably ruined :(

I'll just leave now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Nope. According to his message, his wife left him 6 years ago and he was only moving on now and looking to fall in love with someone who 'deserved him' and he thought I might be that one. :pac:

What a C U Next Tuesday. :eek:

• Advertisement

Nope. According to his message, his wife left him 6 years ago and he was only moving on now and looking to fall in love with someone who 'deserved him' and he thought I might be that one. :pac:

</snip>

What a C U Next Tuesday. :eek:

I found him quite entertaining. It's always fun to have an easy troll victim. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I found him quite entertaining. It's always fun to have an easy troll victim. :D

Tell him you always wanted a sexy father figure in your life and if he wants to take you out to dinner he has to take you to MacDonalds and get you a happy meal.

See how long it takes him to feel uncomfortable.

That kind of "person" would freak me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Not sure how he would freak you out more than the rest of the nutters who are using online dating sites :confused: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

If you string along someone it could turn out very badly if they are a bit nuts!

Pembily wrote: »
    Not sure how he would freak you out more than the rest of the nutters who are using online dating sites :confused: :rolleyes:

I think I'm quite normal, actually. Thank you very much.

mood wrote: »
    If you string along someone it could turn out very badly if they are a bit nuts!

That's why I recommend people just block the oddjobs.
    Nothing worse than being mentioned on the front page of the Evening herald.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaldea

Wish this dating thing was simple like on tv! Had a hairy experience a few weeks ago, met a guy that I thought I had everything in common with. When we went on on a date he showed his true colours and I wasn't happy with what I saw at all! I couldn't get out of the situation fast enough but didn't want to be a bitch! Now, weeks on, i'm like WHERE ARE THE NORMAL PEOPLE! Should I give someone online a go? I mean would ye guy recommend?

Isn't it weird when you dated a girl, got on great, then after a while she started blanking you for no apparent reason and then they show up on POF again after a few weeks...
    Feel like mailing, "So... backed a good horse yeah?"
    I'm awfully bitchy today

• Advertisement

Isn't it weird when you dated a girl, got on great, then after a while she started blanking you for no apparent reason and then they show up on POF again after a few weeks...
    I'm awfully bitchy today

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Kaldea wrote: »
    Wish this dating thing was simple like on tv! Had a hairy experience a few weeks ago

To be fair... You knew what you were getting yourself into.

cousin20it.jpg

I'm awfully bitchy today

Had it happen just yesterday, only it was a guy I briefly dated who I knew from my friends. Got on great, things were going really well, then he got stuck into someone in front of me in a bar. :eek: Now the guy is on the same sites as me, having no luck according to his friends (we have all the same friends, and the girls give me gossip) and I'm getting dates left, right and center. Feels good, man.

Instead of feeling bitchy about it, just take pleasure in the fact that the poor thing obviously is no judge of guys since you think things were going well, she rejected you presumably for someone else and lo and behold, she's back to square one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Has that happened?:eek:

Galvasean is the odd job. He probably stalked one of the poor women who didn't have the sense to block him and got done for stalking. :p

Galvasean is the odd job. He probably stalked one of the poor women who didn't have the sense to block him and got done for stalking. :p

Ha! Like I could get caught.

Not even my posts on boards count as evidence because I'm 'in character'.

just take pleasure in the fact that the poor thing obviously is no judge of guys since you think things were going well, she rejected you presumably for someone else and lo and behold, she's back to square one. :D

I would see the funny side if it didn't happen ridiculously frequently! :pac:

Lot of silly people out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Is your username 'candycock' on POF?!:eek:

no its not 'candycock' Lol

I would see the funny side if it didn't happen ridiculously frequently! :pac:

Lot of silly people out there...

Clearly all the women are just intimidated by your beauty.

Or not interested. Or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

So here's an interesting one ... why do we assign a default character of 'nutjob' to everyone who online dates?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement