Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

andreac wrote: »
    for d first date i dont know what id do or d second or d third date for dat matter,i definitely would know what id do on the fourth date.its a secret[/B]

Now what on earth could he have in mind for the fourth date? :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

hollypink wrote: »
    Now what on earth could he have in mind for the fourth date? :eek: :p

Don't even go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Perhaps he's one of the reams of idiots on POF who somehow managed to get their age wrong.

Seriously, wtf is that about???

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Perhaps he's one of the reams of idiots on POF who somehow managed to get their age wrong.

Seriously, wtf is that about???

It seems to happen a lot.. a note in their profile to say that their age is wrong... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

tatumkelly wrote: »
    It seems to happen a lot.. a note in their profile to say that their age is wrong... :rolleyes:

And you can change it too :pac:

I'm finished with the site now anyways.

Got talking to 2 girls last night, I suggested swapping pics with one girl who then didn't reply (later that night she put her pic up), 2nd girl was talking to in IM, chatting away. She said she went onto the site for a nosey and I asked was she looking to meet someone from the site and she leaves.

Must be doing something wrong or something wrong with me when no one, literally no one my age is interested in chatting for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

So....................

There's a guy who has similar interests (travelling etc) to me and has sent a few nice messages but I'm just not sure if I'm physically attracted to him. He's not my type. Not sure what to do. Do I meet him and see what he's like in person :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The thing with online dating is that I think you have to be somewhat attracted to them. You can get with meeting someone in life who you aren't immediately attracted but because you get to know them and become attracted to their personality then that itself becomes the attraction and you can get passed the fact that you weren't immediately into them.
    Having to jump in the deep end when you don't know them and aren't attracted to them, though you think they are nice is a tough call. The person could make a great friend but will they be someone you want to actually date. It's your call in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Daisies wrote: »
    Do I meet him and see what he's like in person :confused:

If you think there's a decent shot at finding him attractive in person sure. The fact you're not sure suggests the possibility is at least there and if you have common interests then a chat over some coffee could hardly be the worst thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

I'm surprised there's a good few guys my age on POF (20s). None of the hotties are messaging me though :p:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    I'm surprised there's a good few guys my age on POF (20s). None of the hotties are messaging me though :p:(

Message them.

Honestly, it works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Message them. Don't know why most of the women expect to be messaged first. If you like them then send a message. :D

So, apparently when you 'hide' people on OKC they can still see and message you. AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! :eek:

4 suggestions on OKC, 2 bi girls and 2 girls who were born male. This is going well so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Just got an email off OKC saying they have made me a moderator, now all I have to do is figure out how to do it as I don't see anything different yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I'm 20 :P But unfortunately not deemed a hottie :o

Galvasean wrote: »
    So, apparently when you 'hide' people on OKC they can still see and message you. AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! :eek:

Hypothetically speaking, how does one block a user on OKC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

Is PoF acting up for anyone else tonight? Showing zero members online???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

ceegee wrote: »
    Is PoF acting up for anyone else tonight? Showing zero members online???

Yep, I was very confused!

coco_lola wrote: »
    Yep, I was very confused!

Good, not just my laptop then. android app has been nigh on unusable since the last update, spend more time looking at the spinny loading icon than anything else :mad:

Good, not just my laptop then. android app has been nigh on unusable since the last update, spend more time looking at the spinny loading icon than anything else :mad:

I'm using that to explain why my inbox is empty :p

• Advertisement

For those interested, the next POF singles night is:

DATE: Saturday 28th April 2012
    TIME: 8.00pm - 1.30am
    COST: FREE FREE FREE

PS: How do I block on OKC? i'm not logging in again until I know how :o

For those interested, the next POF singles night is:

DATE: Saturday 28th April 2012
    TIME: 8.00pm - 1.30am
    COST: FREE FREE FREE

Have you been to any of those nights? if so, any good?

Was looking at the people who have said they are going and seems to be mainly an older growd

Never been to one myself. Wont be at this one either since I'm out of Dublin this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

POF is grand tonight, no problems. Also the android app has been fine since I started using it. Might be an idea to uninstall it and reinstall again

POF is grand tonight, no problems. Also the android app has been fine since I started using it. Might be an idea to uninstall it and reinstall again

Seems to be ok again now, was just a bit doolally for a while earlier!

You can block someone if they message you (or if you message them) - just go to the compose message box at the bottom of the thread, and there'll be an option saying "Block Him/Her" on the right hand side of the box. AFAIK it stops them messaging you, but they can still view your profile.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Sounds like speed dating awec! Not sure it'd be my cup of tea.

I could have sworn yesterday 249 men wanted to meet me on POF.... today it's back to 228. Did 21 men change their mind? :eek:

• Advertisement

When you go to block someone on OKC the popup says, "This chick bothering you?"

Suffice to say, I am amused :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement