Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

Hmm, contacted a few people before putting up a pic of myself. Being new to this I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run if you will, so I'm afraid I have something of a mess on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Galvasean wrote: »
    Message them.

Honestly, it works.

It doesn't all the time. I've messaged a few ladies on POF and got nothing back.

Aquila wrote: »
    In blue heaven atm.

Wrong thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

It doesn't all the time. I've messaged a few ladies on POF and got nothing back.

Well the site does say not to worry that only one in three tend to get a response. In Ireland, from my experience anyway, the ratio seems to be worse than that. Still though you're far far more likely to get people viewing your profile and/or replying by sending out mails than you would by simply opening an account and playing the waiting game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

awec wrote: »
    I don't see how those single nights work. I think it'd be a bit weird. It'd be like the rules of online dating, but face to face. So you could be talking to a girl for 30 minutes and then she says something you don't like and you just move on to the next one? Or the other way about, and you're left standing there?

Hey folks
    Im back - tell me you missed me! :(
    Think these nights are a bit like the boardsies drinks - everyone stands around chatting and hopefully swapping numbers. Never been - wouldnt go by myself!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

For those interested, the next POF singles night is:

DATE: Saturday 28th April 2012
    TIME: 8.00pm - 1.30am
    COST: FREE FREE FREE
    ceegee wrote: »
    Have you been to any of those nights? if so, any good?
    Was looking at the people who have said they are going and seems to be mainly an older growd

I live down the street from the Lombard, the last night they had one there was the same night as a TGC beers.
    I was stopped around 5 or 6 times walking down the street by people asking where The Lombard is. My neighbour went to the last one and said it was a decent enough mix of ages and genders and the lady who was hosting it was doing her best help folks mingle.
    Thinking of heading along to one of them if I ever get a free Friday or Sat off

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Master wrote: »
    Thinking of heading along to one of them if I ever get a free Friday or Sat off

But bbz, you should come on a date with me instead. We can cuddle together under the Newcastle United duvet I've bought for us. xoxoxoxox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

Message them.

Honestly, it works.
    finipops wrote: »
    Message them. Don't know why most of the women expect to be messaged first. If you like them then send a message. :D

Oh I do, don't worry. I'm not one of those girls who plays hard to get :p I'm straight in there haha. Trouble is the guys I message don't reply, or turn out to be pervs. And the guys that message me, I'm not interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    Oh I do, don't worry. I'm not one of those girls who plays hard to get :p I'm straight in there haha. Trouble is the guys I message don't reply, or turn out to be pervs. And the guys that message me, I'm not interested in.

Lol par for the course unfortunately! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ok, so I think I'm going to delete my POF profile today. Can't handle the parade of freaks, horndogs and flakers anymore. Plus, even the MD has commented on how much I'm on my phone during the day, ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Getyourjacket

Well guys, heres my situation which i could do with some advice on cos at the moment my heads wrecked and really dont know what to do. Ive had a total of 3 dates over a 4 week period, the reason being is i was away on hols and he was too. In the 2 weeks we were away we kept in touch by text maybe once every 4/5 days. We managed to meet up at the weekend after nearly 3 weeks of not seeing each other, everything fantastic the date went really well, and i do really like this guy. Here lies the problem, i dont know where i stand with him. He's not a texter, i am, he would prefer to pick up the phone and have a chat. Ok that's fine i can deal with that,most of the time. But what i cant handle is if i text him say at 2pm, he may not text back till about 8 or 9 and in the meantime i can see he's online on POF. He's also got a lot going on with work & social life the next few weeks so I know im not going to see much of him, we havent made any plans to meet up next. I suppose what im saying is that this whole thing is progressing extremely slower than i would like it too. I reckon he's just a lot more chilled out then i am. Should i quit while im ahead or just take a chill pill, relax and see how it goes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That_Guy wrote: »
    But bbz, you should come on a date with me instead. We can cuddle together under the Newcastle United duvet I've bought for us. xoxoxoxox

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Currently off my feet because had surgery so bored out of my head which means more time for browsing pof, this should be entertaining! I wonder are the daytime crew going to be much different from the night time crowd:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

Samich wrote: »
    I'm 20 :P But unfortunately not deemed a hottie :o

Not with that attitude!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

We can get matching tattoos too :P

3278727322.jpg

Jesus lad.... My eyes. :eek:

But yes, yes we can. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Bleugh! NSFW!! :p

Jesus lad.... My eyes. :eek:

But yes, yes we can. :)

What do ya mean your eyes? That's par for the course tbh. :P

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Advertisement

Good set of boobs you have on you there That Guy. :pac:

I grew them myself.

Jelly?

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dunno, can't imagine bra's are overly comfortable. :p

No bra can tame these wild beasts.

That's not a true NUFC "large" fan anyway, I mean where's the slaphead?

cade wrote: »
    Well the site does say not to worry that only one in three tend to get a response. In Ireland, from my experience anyway, the ratio seems to be worse than that. Still though you're far far more likely to get people viewing your profile and/or replying by sending out mails than you would by simply opening an account and playing the waiting game.

What's the point of sending messages if you don't get responses? P***ing against the wind, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

What's the point of sending messages if you don't get responses? P***ing against the wind, imo.

Depends on what you are saying in those messages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

A few days ago I got a message from a guy, simply saying "hi how u keeping", I replied saying "I'm grand, how are you?". His reply this morning was "good. would u go for a drink with me sometime?" :confused:

So I've sent this guy one message and he wants to meet me. Is this a record?!!

I replied saying I didn't meet people after only one or two messages. He replied saying, and I quote; "like is too short for texting".

I despair :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

You see the thing is that there are plenty of people on the site simply for the fun of it. They've had friends who joined the site, ran across pervs who send humorous messages, albeit of the perverted variety, thought the situration was funny and recruited their friends to join the 'fun'. So if you're looking for a relationship then mailing these people isn't going to get you anything as they're looking more for a stand up comedian than they are a lover.

Moral of the story: Be more selective in who you mail and make reference to items in their profiles in your mails rather than just sending generic messages which are ignored due to the inherent copy & paste 'any girl will do' tatics that they imply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

successKid.jpg

Date on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

A thread on online dating just appeared in R&R.
    Someone's got a chip on their shoulder :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement