Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

MoodeRator wrote: »
    :mad: I could not read that small writing, I just went ahead:(

Anyone any ideas on what to do now?

Well on the page before someone said it just restarted when they unplugged their phone and all was well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Sadly there is no visable signs of life from new brick when I unplug from charge:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Alas I am with AIB. Will it be a case of being able to scan your phone ala Google Wallet or the card itself just has a NFC chip?
    Zagato wrote: »
    There is always the possiblility of NFC enabled Sim cards too, if it starts to take off in Ireland, I am sure that the carriers would look at that as it's in their interest for you to use your phone to pay for things, then they can provide the option of you paying via your bill/top-up

Yes this is why I wonder if it is worth the hassle as I don’t know how acceptable it will be to swipe your phone rather than just a NFC enabled credit/debit card.

Actually the more I think of it the more I am inclined to think it’s not a deal breaker to have NFC on the phone yet. (see Barclays in the UK – they have a PayTag which is just an NFC sticker that you can put on your phone – or anywhere in fact – that will allow you to swipe at a terminal and it acts just like the NFC Debit card that we will be getting from Bank of Ireland etc)
    Yes Google Wallet would be cool but I don’t think we will get that for a while yet.

I am swinging back to the One S

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Laser is being killed off this year, I'd be surprised I'd they were handing out new cards, never mind NFC-enabled ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

Sadly there is no visable signs of life from new brick when I unplug from charge:(

A bit obvious but have you tried a factory reset

# you can’t turn HTC One X on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC One X.
    Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
    Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
    Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

dahamsta wrote: »
    Laser is being killed off this year, I'd be surprised I'd they were handing out new cards, never mind NFC-enabled ones.

Yes true - they are replacing Laser cards with NFC enabled Visa Debit cards (for Bank of Ireland customers anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

They're killing off Laser? Just got a new card on Monday :P, shall have a short life span....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have you tried leaving it turned off entirely, plugging it into the charger (red LED should light up) and waiting for it to turn green, then unplugging and trying powering on again?

Have you tried leaving it turned off entirely, plugging it into the charger (red LED should light up) and waiting for it to turn green, then unplugging and trying powering on again?

cheers Damo. I found a mains charger at work an hour ago and am trying to give another full charge now. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Anyone know how they are delivered from 3.
    Courier or An Post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

bandit197 wrote: »
    Anyone know how they are delivered from 3.
    Courier or An Post?
    Nightline couriers iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

cheers Damo. I found a mains charger at work an hour ago and am trying to give another full charge now. Fingers crossed!

Did you have the charger in while updating over WIFI? That causes problems apparently.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1606238

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I decided to join the trend of posting screen shots of my battery usage. I had reasonably light usage today. This is what it gave me.

201229.png201230.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

10% is a lot for cell standby, areas of poor or no signal can be a killer on your battery life. Consider switching to 2G only if you know you're spending a lot of time in a poor signal area, it's no worse than 3G for background syncing and you can switch 3G on if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Zagato wrote: »
    10% is a lot for cell standby, areas of poor or no signal can be a killer on your battery life. Consider switching to 2G only if you know you're spending a lot of time in a poor signal area, it's no worse than 3G for background syncing and you can switch 3G on if you need it.
    I assume those greyed out areas on the signal strength bar are where I hit poor pockets of signal. I was just at work and home yesterday so as I move through the buildings at work the signal changes quite a bit.

It's definitely something to keep in mind though if I know I need to get the most out of my battery in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

I get 24hrs out of my battery and its usually down below 20% at that stage. Overnight it only loses about 2-3% and I try to just charge it until it's full rather than keep it charging for the whole night. My usage would have some wifi on, quite a few calls, playing music for 1-2 hours, browsing the internet for 30-60 mins. Very happy with the battery and a huge improvement on my S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How draining is it to have 3G on constantly wit the One X? Used to be killer on my Desire, but initial tests with my One X seem to be a bit better. Any thoughts form people who've had theirs a bit longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Might as well throw up my battery usage from yesterday, my first full day.

2012_04_20_00_01_07.png2012_04_20_00_01_18.png

I was in wifi range most of the day yesterday so didn't use much mobile data.

Had a couple of phone calls and a good bit of browsing, kindle reading and playing DrawSomething.

I'm pretty happy with that as I have chargers everywhere I go at this stage so would rarely need to go that long without a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

How draining is it to have 3G on constantly wit the One X? Used to be killer on my Desire, but initial tests with my One X seem to be a bit better. Any thoughts form people who've had theirs a bit longer?

I have mine 3 weeks or so now and I always have it on 3G. Wouldn't even think about turning it off. Saying that I do live and work in the city so I am always in good coverage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So my phone is stuck in a bootloop and I can't get it to boot no matter what I do.

I've posted a thread on XDA with more info. If anyone has any ideas on how to get it going again please let me know ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25068812#post25068812

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone get a good cover for the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone get a good cover for the phone?
    I like the look of the Rock Quicksand hard shell cover. Ordered one from obostore so waiting for it to arrive. obostore It looks close enough to the official HTC one but has a non-slip finish and protects the camera lens. Will post up pics when it arrives if anyone is interested.

adrian522 wrote: »
    So my phone is stuck in a bootloop and I can't get it to boot no matter what I do.

I've posted a thread on XDA with more info. If anyone has any ideas on how to get it going again please let me know ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25068812#post25068812[/QUOTE]

Is it in the loop from the update?
    Got my problem (updated whilst charging!:o) solved by putting on a mains charge for a few hours til I got the green light. Now everything is just flying:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No it's on a loop from trying to flash a zip from recovery that apparently was corrupt or maybe wasn't intended to be used on the new update.

I'll try charging it up fully though.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

No it's on a loop from trying to flash a zip from recovery that apparently was corrupt or maybe wasn't intended to be used on the new update.

Why not just return it ?

Mooderator - Glad to hear you are up and running again! :)
    boc121 wrote: »
    Why not just return it ?
    Because he rooted his phone and was trying to flash a custom rom.

Did you do a nandroid backup? Did you wipe the phone and cache before flashing the rom?

If you did the nandroid backup, restore it, and you should be working again till you get a working zip.

If you didn't wipe the phone/cache, try forcing it back into the bootloader or recovery, wiping the phone and cache, and flashing the zip again.

Mooderator - Glad to hear you are up and running again! :)

Because he rooted his phone and was trying to flash a custom rom.

Did you do a nandroid backup? Did you wipe the phone and cache before flashing the rom?

If you did the nandroid backup, restore it, and you should be working again till you get a working zip.

If you didn't wipe the phone/cache, try forcing it back into the bootloader or recovery, wiping the phone and cache, and flashing the zip again.

No, no nandroid backup. Stupid I know. Actually I was flashing a "Mod" rather than a full ROM but essentially the same kind of thing.

I've tried doing a erase data/factory reset from recovery and also flashed a new boot image but the problem persists.

One thing I haven't tried yet is to wipe the Dalvik cache then do a factory reset and reboot. I wouldn't be too confident to be honest but will try that this evening.

I think I am going to have to wait for the latest RUU to be leaked to fix the thing properly.

I think I am going to have to wait for the latest RUU to be leaked to fix the thing properly.

I'd say give thread a read:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1609190

Thanks for that, hadn't seen that thread, will read it now...

EDIT: Actually I've tried pretty much everything in that thread, one thing I could do though is try to flash 1.26 RUU again but with stock recovery but I really don't think it will let me downgrade from 1.28 to 1.26, anyway I'll try this later and let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

My Cell Standby was up at 21% and was second behind screen in battery consumption. Checked my settings and phone was set to GSM and WCDMA. I've changed it to GSM only after reading this topic - should i see an improvement on Cell Standby?

Advertisement