Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

It's not actually forwarding the calls, it's just showing the annoying blue icon, dial ##002# then hit call and it should sort it.
    I have this problem too, any links to what those codes actually do please and will it cause any other problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

It's not actually forwarding the calls, it's just showing the annoying blue icon, dial ##002# then hit call and it should sort it.
    I have this problem too, any links to what those codes actually do please and will it cause any other problems?
    No links, sorry. I got that from the thread over in the three forum.

No other side effects with my handset anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_forwarding

##002# - Cancel and deregister all forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Thanks man, I think the forwarding is for the forward to mailbox/171 number. Does your mailbox still work after entering that code? If I go to settings-->Call-->Call Forwarding I can see that Always Forward is set to disabled and all the others are set to the 171 number. I dont want to cancel the 171 stuff.

For the person having trouble with wi-fi, I have a similar problem with all HTC phones and my crappy old router. I fixed it by setting a static ip address when on my home router. You can do this by going to settings-->wi-fi, long-pressing on the home wifi connection and selecting modify connection. Change your IP to static and enter in all the static ip address info that you want (post back here if you need help with that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Has anyone had any issues with the FM radio turning itself off at random times?

• Advertisement

Thanks man, I think the forwarding is for the forward to mailbox/171 number. Does your mailbox still work after entering that code? If I go to settings-->Call-->Call Forwarding I can see that Always Forward is set to disabled and all the others are set to the 171 number. I dont want to cancel the 171 stuff.

For the person having trouble with wi-fi, I have a similar problem with all HTC phones and my crappy old router. I fixed it by setting a static ip address when on my home router. You can do this by going to settings-->wi-fi, long-pressing on the home wifi connection and selecting modify connection. Change your IP to static and enter in all the static ip address info that you want (post back here if you need help with that)
    I had the same worry so took a screenshot of all the info, but it didn't delete anything. Still get voicemail ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

Every time I tap a link on my one s it keeps saying "tab limit reached,can't open a new tab until you close one."
    very annoying,does anyone know how I solve this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think if you go menu->windows it will show you the open web pages, should be able to close a few of those...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey all, phone got pretty hot this evening when browsing and I could swear I can see a group of yellow spots in a line across the top of the screen :-( Done a bit of looking online and others have reported yellow spots on the screen too....not impressed at all at all!! Some have said that they disappear after a while but not convinced they will. Anyone else have a case of the yellow spots with their HTC One X screen? When browsing I can see it and it's apparent when you move from white to a grey shade.....

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Haven't seen it yet. I'd get it exchanged if I were you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Just saw these cases over at Engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/20/hands-on-with-htcs-colorful-one-x-cases/

They don't protect the camera on the reverse and look a little odd. Jury's out.

Looks like those terrible slatted 'shades'...

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Just lost service on phone put sim in other phone works fine, any ideas?

Just saw these cases over at Engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/20/hands-on-with-htcs-colorful-one-x-cases/

They don't protect the camera on the reverse and look a little odd. Jury's out.

Do they actually protect the camera lens though??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, hadn't seen that thread, will read it now...

EDIT: Actually I've tried pretty much everything in that thread, one thing I could do though is try to flash 1.26 RUU again but with stock recovery but I really don't think it will let me downgrade from 1.28 to 1.26, anyway I'll try this later and let you know how I get on.

Looks like I will get sorted tonight...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25125579&postcount=381

Some of these Devs really seem to have a chip on their shoulder...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Looks like I will get sorted tonight...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25125579&postcount=381

Some of these Devs really seem to have a chip on their shoulder...

Cant blame a lot of them.
    Every new phone release has new people coming in, hearing the word rooting and jumping in often making stupid mistakes from not following instructions correctly/not researching properly then blaming devs and expecting them to solve it. Look at pretty much any new rom development thread & youre guaranteed to find loads of new regs asking questions about bootloops or just demanding new features(not even requesting just saying add this now) and constantly asking when can I have this/that. Its not an easy thing to properly work on a custom rom and these people dont make it easier.
    I genuinely wouldnt have the patience for it.

Same with the market. I was looking at the beta thread for Faster Facebook and 1 fella came in saying "Ive given this 1 star on the market. Im not gonna change that until you make it work on my Xperia Mini Pro". Didnt take the time to submit a bug report or email the dev. Didnt even post a logcat until other posters told him to. Knob.

/rant

Yeah but this is a guy sitting on a RoM that is the solution to a lot peoples problems and not just newbies but people who have failed to create a backup and flashed a dodgy ROM, but he won't release it because he wants his own ROM to have exclusivity or some such nonsense for 5 days.

That attitude doesn't make any sense to me, I don't see what he gains by holding out to be honest.

Once I get this sorted I'll be leaving the whole XDA community altogether and will stick with the official releases, too much messing about for no apparent reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Any one knows of an app that will enable you to wake the screen of the One X by using the volume buttons? Would be very handy if such an app existed.

Any one knows of an app that will enable you to wake the screen of the One X by using the volume buttons? Would be very handy if such an app existed.

Yeah, looking for that too. It came backed into the AOKP Galaxy Nexus ROM I was using....

If you've got your phone rooted, there are mods for just that.
    As always with these things, proceed with caution!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

If you've got your phone rooted, there are mods for just that.
    As always with these things, proceed with caution!
    Cheers, was hoping not to have to go down the rooted option though.

Hi all,
    I can now see blue spots\blue bar above the yellow spots\yellow bar at the top of my screen :-( Faint enough but it is noticeable......and annoying!!

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I can now see blue spots\blue bar above the yellow spots\yellow bar at the top of my screen :-( Faint enough but it is noticeable......and annoying!!

Cheers,
    M

I'd return it, it's expensive enough that this sort of thing shouldn't happen and HTC seem pretty good at replacing faulty phones.

I'd return it, it's expensive enough that this sort of thing shouldn't happen and HTC seem pretty good at replacing faulty phones.

Righty, should I put in a call via their support page?? Hate being without it for God knows how long :-( Should I re-lock the boot-loader??

Where did you buy it? That's where I'd start, you may get a replacement there and then.

You can re-lock the bootloader but it will be obvious it has been unlocked and then re-locked so I'm not sure there is any need to do this as long as your problem wasn't caused by unlocking, in your case it should be fine.

Where did you buy it? That's where I'd start, you may get a replacement there and then.

You can re-lock the bootloader but it will be obvious it has been unlocked and then re-locked so I'm not sure there is any need to do this as long as your problem wasn't caused by unlocking, in your case it should be fine.

Bought it off someone and not sure where they got it so I guess I better contact HTC directly?

Yeah, I think so, let me know how you get on..

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Update: I got the One X from O2 in the end (long story :rolleyes:) and decided to try and pick it up in CPW instead of the O2 store. They were more than helpful, and sure enough, no branding whatsoever... So it's an option for those about to upgrade.

Anyone know how to test the simlock status without a second sim? I had my old O2 sim cut down to size and don't have access to another one. Are there any apps/commands I'm unaware of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lee cogley

does anybody know the price for the one v in ireland???

• Advertisement

BeciMester wrote: »
    Update: I got the One X from O2 in the end (long story :rolleyes:) and decided to try and pick it up in CPW instead of the O2 store. They were more than helpful, and sure enough, no branding whatsoever... So it's an option for those about to upgrade.

Anyone know how to test the simlock status without a second sim? I had my old O2 sim cut down to size and don't have access to another one. Are there any apps/commands I'm unaware of?
    Someone recommended CID getter a few pages back, just install it from the market and launch it and it will tell you if the handset is carrier locked.

Advertisement