Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I had to buy 2 new ego batteries so I went for the 3.5ml DCT from Smoktech as well. Hoping that the carto's are better than some I got last week though. Very little of anything out of the 2 I've tried so far. Also bought some ego-C LR atties from TVS. Some Liqua juice too................bloody expensive week.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

excellent :)
    I arrived home to a rather large looking package on the kitchen counter, ran over all excited like and it was a pair of gloves mam left in her sisters house when she was in america last month
    gutted

Best laugh I've had all day, never mind theres always tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Thankfully my boge carts arrived today and I finally got to hook up my arry tank version 4 (stainless steel) and my initial thoughts are that it is a serious piece of kit.

At the minute I just can't see how it could ever leak, much like version 3 which I will use as a back up using clearomizers. It is weighty and I'd imagine unbreakable. Actually it adds a fair bit of weight to the lavatube, just something to consider if that's an issue for you.

I am also very impressed with the boge cartomizers, I have only ever used dual coil carts and I liked them, but the flavour and vapor of the boge is fantastic. Assuming they are somewhat durable, I can't see myself going back to DCC's.
    The heat is reduced but the flavour from the RY4 through the boge, more than makes up for it.

When I got the tank I also purchased arry's delrin punch (£4.50) for the carto's and I have to admit it surprised me how well it worked. It's basic, but it does exactly what it says on the tin.
    I can't see how the carto would ever bruise/collapse/lose shape during the process, also it seems impossible to punch a hole too far into the carto. Another excellent feature is there is no need to measure or line the carto up as when you put the carto in to punch a hole it is automatically lined up perfectly.

I will post pics if I can.

Here are some pictures

Here are some pictures

Very nice looking tank I going to try get one when I have the bobs...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tank looks sweet, bloody hope mine gets here tomorrow :)

ill definitely be picking up on of arrys punchs when mine wears out (maybe sooner) it looks so simple to use

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Chibis arrived last night. After a few practice runs on an old DCC, I used a (cheap lidl imitation of a) dremel to cut some slots in a carto and put it all together. It's tough going getting the grommets in, but I think now that I've done it once it'll be easier next time. I forgot to lube them with some PG too making it harder on myself :). Delighted with it so far, it's keeping the carto well soaked and not even the slightest hint of leaking, or even a little gurgling. At $5.50 a tank they're very hard to fault.

ive already read that they make a better seal when they're dry, but i can't say i've noticed a difference at all whether they're dry or wet
    you will get the hang of changing cartos, I had a whore of a time the first couple of times but one day I just wasn't have any luck getting them in and I had to try 6-7 times in a row.. by the end I just knew how to do it. now I get them changed in a couple of seconds. slot black end pieces on either end of carto, slowly push into tank. push end caps in to seal. boom
    like all things, it just needs practice

one tip I figured out yesterday. i was having a bit of an issue with a flooding carto, I'd screwed about with the end cap on top when I was filling and couldn't get it to stop flooding. so I just wadded up a tissue and stuck it into the top end of the carto for a few seconds. it soaked up enough juice from the filler on top that the flooding stopped and the vape returned to normal.

ive already read that they make a better seal when they're dry
    Considering how hard you have to push to get them in, I don't see how any liquid could get out that way anyway :)

Good tip as well, thanks.

****ed missed the postman
    2 packages didnt get delivered

one was definitely the arry tank
    if I had to guess the other was my healthcabin order or my toscanamall order

pain in the balls :/

• Advertisement

The thing with carto tanks is when you are fitting a new carto, don't put too many drops of liquid into it. Just a couple of drops to dampen the top.

When you put the cap on your tank you are creating a seal so the liquid in the tank will be pushed into the punched hole of your carto.

If you put too many drops into the carto itself initially then you will definitely suffer from flooding issues.

When I was filling yesterday I actually didn't fill the carto at all, as I was filling the tank I could see the filler start to get wet. When I dropped in the last 2/3 drops from the syringe it was well soaked.

(I have 2 slots in the carto, and one of them is probably bigger than it should be)

Just got my DCT. Whats the little white washer for?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's to put it behind the drip tip I think....

Spent 2 hours getting a stinking taste and was blaming the juice. Checked the carto again and it was dry. Blasted thing wasn't wicking for some reason.

Vape is very cool and I'd prefer it hotter but if I can get it wicking I see how good this could be.

Might have to replace the carto though as it's probably never gonna vape right now.

Spent 2 hours getting a stinking taste and was blaming the juice. Checked the carto again and it was dry. Blasted thing wasn't wicking for some reason.

Vape is very cool and I'd prefer it hotter but if I can get it wicking I see how good this could be.

Might have to replace the carto though as it's probably never gonna vape right now.

Make sure when you fill the tank that you leave it for about 5 minutes for the juice to get a chance to soak through as the pre-punched hole is small enough in the dct cartos but once you leave it soak you should then have no problem. Also put about 5 or 6 drops through the top part of the cartomiser yourself.

The white washer your asking about - If thats the rubber yolk at the top of the cartomiser just remove that with a screwdriver and leave it out and put on your drip tip then.

oh is thatwhat you meant by white washer?
    i was confused as hell

Changed the carto…oh yeah!

Lovely hot flavourful vape! Little bubbles at the pin hole. Thank the Lord.

There must have been a problem with the hole in the first one and I burned it. Nearly killed myself inhaling burnt filler. Nice!

This yoke is brilliant!

great stuff

if its anything like I remember, try not to chain vape.. give it a little bit after a few vapes as the hole is so small it needs a bit of time to soak up enough juice again to get a decent amount of flavour

Will do. Must be bad QC on those Smoktech carto's tho. Very hit and miss.

• Advertisement

i was right, my arry tank did arrive yesterday. collected it in the post office this morning

it's pretty lovely looking AND it came with one of arrys delrin carto punchers. delighted about that, i dont remember it being mentioned in the ad
    it looks the business on my lavatube.
    wont have time to fill it up and give it a proper vape until the afternoon, but looking forward to it

I have to say that I'm delighted with my DCT. Filled it up last night. Vaping away with no faffing about at all. It's the best piece of kit that I've bought.

Edit: As Newmark said, the bung sits at the top of the carto under the mouthpiece. This ensures that the carto gets replenished with each drag. If you try without it you might not always get a bubble, you'll get one every time with that in.

i was right, my arry tank did arrive yesterday. collected it in the post office this morning

it's pretty lovely looking AND it came with one of arrys delrin carto punchers. delighted about that, i dont remember it being mentioned in the ad
    it looks the business on my lavatube.
    wont have time to fill it up and give it a proper vape until the afternoon, but looking forward to it

Pics or gtfo as they are so fond of saying on another forum :)

What was done to yours to change the look of it? It's nice to have something a little different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Does anyone know where I can find 2.5/3 ohm dct replacements cartos for the smoktech 6ml size?

Thanks.

pics here

im noticing it's an incredibly airy draw, and it makes a loud whistle when i inhale
    maybe my 510 adapter that came with it is just ****ed as it wont fire at all if I screw it down tight.. I have to leave it kinda loose
    on your adapter are the kinda.. pins in the center of it kinda loose and jutting off to one side?

other than the airy draw it's amazing, great flavour but im having to work a lot harder than I would with a chibi to get equivelant amounts of vapour
    I might pm arry and see if he sells adapters on their own

--edit

i fiddled with the adapter a bit and i was able to get it firing with the adapter screwed down a bit tighter, so that is the problem. its not whistling as much anymore but it's still incredibly airy

hah
    broke the adapter :P

it still kinda works if I have the tank on at just the right height but hopefully arry pm's me back with a "yes I do sell adapters seperately" or I havee a very expensive useless paperweight sitting on my LT

Just a quick one for anyone that may know. Are boge 2.ohm cartomisers the same size as boge 3.0ohm cartomisers? Its just the 3.ohm boges I got from bestshop today don't specify the ohm rate on the box and they are the same size as the 2.O ohm ones that I have already, so I'm not convinced they are 3.0ohms if you know what I mean. I was expecting the 3.0ohms to be bigger for some reason!

nah, same size

arry will have adapters on monday, excellent timing :)
    guess it'll be another week before I get to play with my actv4 but at least I know i haven't completely ****ed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Does anyone know where I can find 2.5/3 ohm dct replacements cartos for the smoktech 6ml size?

Thanks.

Madvapes is the only place that has 2.5/3 ohm cartos with a flange for the DCT tanks - they're not Smoktech or dual coil, don't know who makes them either.

Advertisement