Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

ah right
    well i made a thread on ukvapers anyway about what wick to get so ill see what the mob says

ill probably stick with lr coils to start off with as that seems to be what everyone else does.. be handier to have a lr coil and a lavatube at lower voltages anyway, battery will last way longer between charges and I could stick it on an ego if I had to

Yep, i suspect it's the group buy wick which some like and some hate.
    If it is the group buy wick i have a little piece there that would get ya a good few reapirs done. I sent Alec and Gryzor some too and if they have'nt dumped it out by now i'm sure they would oblige and send it onto you if you find that you like it.

Heavens Gift wick i have too and guess what? I don't like that either as it's too hard or something and not absorbing the juice which results in the coil glowing too quickly.

I have done a few repairs in the RDA with Bulli wick and find it good but it uses a lot more than repairing my A2 which is my preferred atty.
    Done another repair in the RDA yesterday and don't have it working as well as the previous for some reason and i won't be wasting too much more wick to find out unless i get a cheaper source sometime soon.
    But that is down to user error, i'd still say the Bulli be ideal to get.

Won't be so bad for you with one atty , i have 3 that uses the stuff so need to use it wisely.

On the resistance, i think Clockworks recommends 2-2.4 Ohms on the RTA and RDA, that be best getting with Kanthal D .15/16 wire.
    I use Nichrome .20 @ 1.7 Ohms, 6 turns of wire gets me that, great for eGo battery or 3.7 on Box mod.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

clockwords said that my RTA batch (18) will be done in 10 weeks :(

scared to ask how long thhe wait for the RDA will be now

Think he is just about finished making the latest batch of RDA this weekend.

Done a repair on mine few days ago, this time i put the coil in the middle of the wick and was working very well.
    But it won't fire up now, tried it on 3 eGo batteries and the box mod. Wire must of came loose or something.
    From all that i read on both the RDA and RTA, it's extremely rare that happens.

I got it free from the sale of the Line so not exactly in a postion to be emailing looking for a free repair. Whilst it's a great atty, i'm in no rush to get it fixed either as i'm constantly using the Bulli's. Will ask him sometime about how much it will cost to repair it.

Regarding the wick, if it is the group buy stuff and you like it, i have enough there to get ya few repairs done. The fella that organises it though has decided not to do a group buy again, maybe another member on the forum might take over and do it.

my RDA is done :)
    have to paypal money over and he'll send it, hooray
    end of next week I should be cursing and breaking things as I try to get a coil working without hotspots

:D Ya be grand.

He sends it setup, so it be best to take the case off it and have a look at the way he done it before lashing juice into it.

You will see the distance between each turn of the wire and also just take note on how much wick he uses.

This video below is probably the clearest I've seen on making a coil, it's repairing a Bulli but same procedure whether you repair in middle of wick or at the end like the Rawveg video.

Watch @ 1:33 for a minute or so, coil doesn't have to be as close on the RDA so it's easier.

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    i believe that's the good batteries .
    Trustfire charger won't charge much faster than Ego charger --
    trustfire -- 500mah output (2600/500=5.2 hours
    ego charger 420 mah output (2600/420=6.2 hours
    Although , with the trustfire u can charge 1 battery and using second with the mod at the same time....

Took 11 days to get a battery from Liberty Flights and 8 days for mod from China.

Working now anyway with the AW P18650 2200 mAh battery, the control unit does'nt close all the way but secure enough.

Grand comfortable size with nicely positioned button on it. Has the usual 5 click on/off.

It's just handy to have just using the eGo charger.

Who knows, might last a day or a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Got delivery of the SS bullis the other day. Top notch units, way more solid than the alu ones. Can't see the threads wearing on these puppies :-)

just realised there's no post tomorrow or monday, so the earliest I can get my RDA is tuesday
    ****ing papists

Gryzor wrote: »
    Got delivery of the SS bullis the other day. Top notch units, way more solid than the alu ones. Can't see the threads wearing on these puppies :-)

Great stuff :)Was gonna ask if ya had got them yet.
    Do us a favour Gryzor and have a look at the 510 connection on the old and new one.

Is there two holes above the thread on either side on the old one and none on the new one?

just realised there's no post tomorrow or monday, so the earliest I can get my RDA is tuesday
    ****ing papists

When ya get it, send him a message telling him it won't work and send him my base to get fixed :D

Must send him a message soon and get it sorted.

• Advertisement

****ing papists

Feck, forgot tomorrow is a black day, I've no beer!!! :-(
    derra wrote: »
    Great stuff :)Was gonna ask if ya had got them yet.
    Do us a favour Gryzor and have a look at the 510 connection on the old and new one.

Is there two holes above the thread on either side on the old one and none on the new one?

Correct, why'd you ask??
    Center post is solid aswell, no hole in the center...

Correct, why'd you ask??
    Center post is solid aswell, no hole in the center...

The older one i have seems to be a bit more airy and wondering if this is the difference.

Both work brilliantly, can just notice a slight difference between the two of them.

Is the King of Vapor engraved or laser printed on the tube?

The older one i have seems to be a bit more airy and wondering if this is the difference.

Both work brilliantly, can just notice a slight difference between the two of them.

Is the King of Vapor engraved or laser printed on the tube?

Not sure air could get through them holes if the screws are tight in the posts??

Lasered on, were the older SS ones engraved or lasered?? The alu ones were engraved, nicer finish...only a detail though...

Not sure air could get through them holes if the screws are tight in the posts??

Lasered on, were the older SS ones engraved or lasered?? The alu ones were engraved, nicer finish...only a detail though...

Be thinking that meself but must be some reason for them too.
    As i say they both work great, other is slightly harsher with less vapour but still loads at the same time.
    The old one is engraved and the other is lasered, as you say it's a minor detail.

Have a strange problem with one of the new bullis. I've three ego batts, two newer, 5 click on off ones, and an older one that doesn't have the on off function.
    One of the bullis will only work with the older ego battery and not the other two?? It'll flash very briefly, and not fire. Then when i unscrew it, it flashes 3 times. Both the bulli and battery work fine with everything else...
    I've checked the center posts on the battery and bulli, they're centered up, can't figure it out...

Any thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Have a strange problem with one of the new bullis. I've three ego batts, two newer, 5 click on off ones, and an older one that doesn't have the on off function.
    One of the bullis will only work with the older ego battery and not the other two?? It'll flash very briefly, and not fire. Then when i unscrew it, it flashes 3 times. Both the bulli and battery work fine with everything else...
    I've checked the center posts on the battery and bulli, they're centered up, can't figure it out...

Any thoughts??

Id say you may need to buy a 510 adapter sounds like the bulli isnt compatible with the new ego batterys and not making connection properly.

newmark wrote: »
    Id say you may need to buy a 510 adapter sounds like the bulli isnt compatible with the new ego batterys and not making connection properly.

Have a 510 to 510 somewhere alright, didn't think of trying it. I'll see if it improves things.
    They are definitely compatible with the new batteries, just something funny with this atty i'd say...
    I've changed coils on it about 3-4 times, same issue each time...never had the issue before..

I had the same problem a few pages back Gryzor.

What wire are you using and how many turns?

I had the same problem a few pages back Gryzor.

What wire are you using and how many turns?

Hadn't spotted your posts on it earlier....i've tried .18 and .20 kanthal...5 or 6 turns....same results each time...

It works on the provari which I thought would be the fussiest of devices...

Hadn't spotted your posts on it earlier....i've tried .18 and .20 kanthal...5 or 6 turns....same results each time...

It works on the provari which I thought would be the fussiest of devices...

That's the problem.

It's the wire.

Use 0.15 and i bet it would be fine on all devices.

Same with Nichrome .20, no problem with any of them.

If ya done 4 turns with .18 Kanthal it might work but it would dry the wick too quick.

• Advertisement

That's the problem.

It's the wire.

Use 0.15 and i bet it would be fine on all devices.

Same with Nichrome .20, no problem with any of them.

If ya done 4 turns with .18 Kanthal it might work but it would dry the wick too quick.

Sound, I'll give it a go to confirm...been using the kanthal wire on the older bullis for months with no issues...

Sound, I'll give it a go to confirm...been using the kanthal wire on the older bullis for months with no issues...

Yep was same with me, drove me crazy doing repairs on it.

It actually worked fine on one eGo battery but not on another.

The Nichrome sorted it instantly and it's the best setup anyway with 6 turns for an eGo battery getting 1.6/7 Ohms.

Gonna get some more from here i think Gryzor.
    Around 6 euros delivered.

Better value from wires.co.uk though but i can only use PayPal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resistance-heating-wire-Nichrome-32-awg-100-ft-/260980738362?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc3aa093a

The 80% Nickel-20% Chrome is the one to get.

or buy from this lad again but it's not in a spool like above which is way better to avoid it all tangling up.
    Specs seem different between the two, same resistance and all that but says it 60% nickel and 16% chrome below.
    The other link is 80% Nickel and 20% Chrome as well as others for sale on eBay.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/10-Mtrs-Nichrome-80-20-Resistance-Wire-0-20mm-0-0079in-/180606903099?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item2a0d02a33b

''Other Names: Nichrome is actually a trade name but just as Kleenex has become a common name for tissues, Nichrome has become a common name for any alloy with the same composition. Nichrome is more specifically the 60% nickel alloy while Nichrome V is the 80% nickel alloy. There are many other trade names for the same material but eBay policy prevents the listing of them.''

rda came today

thought it came pre-coiled but it doesn't and I can't get the thing to come apart so I'll leave it till later in the week

rda came today

thought it came pre-coiled but it doesn't and I can't get the thing to come apart so I'll leave it till later in the week

:mad:
    That's a shame.

Did he send you wick and wire?

Just put it on a eGO battery and pull the chamber casing off it.

i p[ut it on an ego battery, pulled the battery apart :)

i got the top off

I have some wick and wire cut off.. although the wick I am about to use looks way too thin to be of any use.. I dont know if im supposed to unravel the wick he sends, or just use it directly as is

im just winging it with lengths of the wire, no idea what resistance this stuff is or how long the piece I cut off is

im already pretty pissed off.. I don't take well to learning how to do new things

--edit
    I am already hating this immensely

i p[ut it on an ego battery, pulled the battery apart :)

i got the top off

I have some wick and wire cut off.. although the wick I am about to use looks way too thin to be of any use.. I dont know if im supposed to unravel the wick he sends, or just use it directly as is

im just winging it with lengths of the wire, no idea what resistance this stuff is or how long the piece I cut off is

im already pretty pissed off.. I don't take well to learning how to do new things

Send him a message asking what resistance wire he sent you.
    Might be the 1mm Group buy wick, does it have 3 strands?

Or maybe it's separated already?

i think it has 4 strands..

i think the piece i cut off was too thin, it was only one strand

ill cut off two.. might be the same stuff in rawveg's video

--edit

actually i think it just has 2 strands...

it all falls apart as soon as I look at it, hard to tell

i think it has 4 strands..

i think the piece i cut off was too thin, it was only one strand

ill cut off two.. might be the same stuff in rawveg's video

Find out the resistance of the wire and ask him if it is the 1mm group buy stuff before starting anyway. Might be the same materials as in the video then it's just a matter of following that.

The 3mm = 7 strands
    The 1mm= 3 strands

Just saw your edit after replying...just ask him what he sent ya.

• Advertisement

well itd producing vapour anyway, not much but i completely ****ed the coil up, the winds are nowhere near being evenly spaced and Im pretty sure some of them almost came off the wick when i was tightening it up

wick seems to be ok at the amount I was using, just have to learn how to make the coil properly

Advertisement