Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

well itd producing vapour anyway, not much but i completely ****ed the coil up, the winds are nowhere near being evenly spaced and Im pretty sure some of them almost came off the wick when i was tightening it up

wick seems to be ok at the amount I was using, just have to learn how to make the coil properly

I done one like this, with the coil in the midle.
    This is the RTA partially finished but the RDA finished..
    IMGP3959.jpg

When putting the casing back on, make sure the air hole is in front of the coil.

Have you got a multimeter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah i took the body back off and fired it up.. two of the coils are glowing red after half a second or so, so that seems to be my problem

yeah i took the body back off and fired it up.. two of the coils are glowing red after half a second or so, so that seems to be my problem

When wrapping the wire around the wick, it should be only pinching it.

The bits that are red is most likely too much air between the wire and wick.
    I would use a thin needle instead iof a paper clip if that's what your using, too thick imo.

The coil should not be touching off the posts, have a slight distance between the posts and wick. Couple of mm.

Prime it with couple of drops, fire it up. Same again and then put casing back on with air hole in front of coil and put in around 8 drops.

Pictures be even better so i can see what way you have it.

A coil on the Bulli i did, should be like that on your RDA. Does'nt matter if different atty and wick. The coil should be similar.
    30w2kxj.jpg

yeah i think im slowly figuring it out

the main problem is that im just not able to coil the wire around the wick properly so im getting the occasional hotspot
    i just did a second coil there now and it was better than the first, so hopefully i'll keep learning as I go

im either winding too tight or not putting enogh juice on to test as both my wicks got very black in parts

yeah i think im slowly figuring it out

the main problem is that im just not able to coil the wire around the wick properly so im getting the occasional hotspot
    i just did a second coil there now and it was better than the first, so hopefully i'll keep learning as I go

im either winding too tight or not putting enogh juice on to test as both my wicks got very black in parts

Use a lighter and heat the wire before wrapping. It oxidises it and makes it easier to wrap around the wick.

Alec pointed out before about that group buy wick that it melts, i posted it on UKVapers and it did'nt go down well with the fella who supplied it.

More and more users have since said they won't use it.

Ya can't dry burn this stuff, it has to be wet at all times which is why it probably went black and melted.

Watch the video as you do it.

Still don't know what wire you have and how many turns your using though

• Advertisement

im not really going for any amount of turns

I just cut off a length of wire, leave enough to use as legs and then use the rest to make up a coil

I think the last one had 6 turns, they started off evenly spaced but once I got to the third or fourth turn I just lost control of the wire and relatively huge gaps appeared between the turns

im just gona stick a boge on my LT for a bit and have a vape before I attempt another coil

im not really going for any amount of turns

I just cut off a length of wire, leave enough to use as legs and then use the rest to make up a coil

I think the last one had 6 turns, they started off evenly spaced but once I got to the third or fourth turn I just lost control of the wire and relatively huge gaps appeared between the turns

im just gona stick a boge on my LT for a bit and have a vape before I attempt another coil

Ya have to have an idea of the resistance your coming out with.
    You could have 0.15 wire there with 6 turns or .20 wire with 6 turns. Massive difference between the two which is why a multimeter is essential.

If there is big gaps, just use a needle or something and guide them in closer to each other.

Like i said, it should be only pinching the wick, should be just about able to slide the wick back and forth.

I thought it might be easier to make the coil if I wasnt doing it at the end of the wick like in rawveg's video

looks a little better

here it is fitted to the rda
    one side is a little higher than the other..

no red coil this time, ill try fitting the case onto it and see how it vapes

I thought it might be easier to make the coil if I wasnt doing it at the end of the wick like in rawveg's video

looks a little better

Too much gap between them, look at the Bulli setup above.

Again, i don't know what resistance wire you have.
    It could be 1.8 Ohms or something and you probably have it on 5v on the Lavatube which would result in it drying too quick.

If you find out the wire you have i can give you a fairly close estimate to what your coming out with.

Ok, too much exposed wire between the wickcoil and the posts as well., but noo bad.
    No parts of the coil should be touching each other.
    Cut off the excess at the back with a nail clipper.

As before, look at 1.33 for a minute or so.
    Newer version of his video below and i do it the exact same way.

• Advertisement

derra wrote: »
    Too much gap between them, look at the Bulli setup above.

Again, i don't know what resistance wire you have.
    It could be 1.8 Ohms or something and you probably have it on 5v on the Lavatube which would result in it drying too quick.

If you find out the wire you have i can give you a fairly close estimate to what your coming out with.

Ok, too much exposed wire between the wickcoil and the posts as well., but noo bad.
    No parts of the coil should be touching each other.
    Cut off the excess at the back with a nail clipper.

As before, look at 1.33 for a minute or so.
    Newer version of his video below and i do it the exact same way.

well whatever resistance it is it's not a low on, tried it at 3.7 and 4v and getting **** all
    im getting vapour at 5v but no flavour or TH, it must be a high enough resistance wire and I have a stupidly high ohm coil or something

--edit

tried some of my raspberryt mallow from alba vapours at 6v and im getting a hint of flavour and quite a bit of vapour
    it must be a real high ohm coil i've made
    ill try again with less turns

Kept editing the last post as i looked at the pictures.
    Your getting close to getting it right.

Just have the wraps a bit closer.

Just have a slight bit of exposed wire between the posts and the coil wick.

If there is too much, loosen the screws and pull the wire a bit closer.

Again, make sure you have air hole positioned in front of coil when putting case back on.

If you did'nt put a lighter flame to wire before wrapping, it will take a little longer to break in.

That stuff he sent soaks in the juice, ya adding enough juice into the chamber?

Really need to know the wire ya have.

Cut some wick off on both sides as well, both ends should meet on the other side with a bit of slack.

thought i was doing really well
    wire looked nice and tight around the wick
    just as I took the screwdriver in my hand to tighten down the posts the wick just fell out of the coil onto my lap

thats my main problem now, I just can't get that coil tight enough

--edit

ive only managed to put the top on once or twice

every time I make a new coil I stick it on topless with a few drops of juice on the coil to see if I get any red spots
    so far every attempt bar that one I put pictures of above glowed red very quickly

just as I took the screwdriver in my hand to tighten down the posts the wick just fell out of the coil onto my lap

thats my main problem now, I just can't get that coil tight enough

--edit

ive only managed to put the top on once or twice

every time I make a new coil I stick it on topless with a few drops of juice on the coil to see if I get any red spots
    so far every attempt bar that one I put pictures of above glowed red very quickly

Your getting there , just a bit too loose obviously on the coil.
    That stuff is different to what i use, just has to grip it.
    Easier if you heat the wire, it goes blackish and gives a better grip on the wick.

Ok, when you have the coil and all set up, definitely do not dry burn it.
    Do what your doing, couple drops on the wire and fire it up. Repeat before it dries out. It will glow if there is no juice there.
    Then put case back on and 10 drops into the chamber.
    The wick will now soak up the juice and transfer to the coil.

It's not easy at first but you wil get it.

I think I have it

the vapour is still uncomfortably cool and the flavour is slightly muted, but I tested it quite a bit before the top went on and no red coils
    top is on now and im vaping away. using my liqua citrus mix definite citrusy flavour to it

i think i made the wick a bit too short though as iI can see juice in the bottom of the tank, but getting dry hits more often than I think I oughta be

--edit

or I guess I just oughta not chain vape quite so hard at 5v :)

5v seems to be the sweet spot for this coil.. 4 and 4.5 were prett muted on flavour. I just wish the vape wasn't so cold.

---edit

yeah i definitely have to make less turns on the coil for the next one. even at 6v the vapour is so cold and there's not a huge amount of it

Even though ya have the coil centred on the wick, it should be a similar length to what is in the video.

Also now that ya know how to coil it, try it the same as the video at one end of the wick.

Make sure air hole is in correct position.

Trial and error.

Has he told you what wire it is yet?

no, hasnt got back to me yet

ive tried it a couple more times, still having the odd issue with glowing coils
    i never got around to ordering more wick or wire online so ill probably just use up what I have here now over the next couple of days trying to get it working right
    will order some bulli wick and low resistance wire tomorrow

im thinking low res coils are the way to go.. if I make up a 1.8 ohm coil I can run the lavatube at 3.7-4v and the battery life oughta last longer

--edit

while the vapour is still pretty damn cool the flavour is pretty great, seems to be improving over time

was looking at that wire you reccomended above derra

"35.0 ohms/metre"

so that'd be .35 ohms a cm, that seems crazy low., you'd need a huge amount of turns to even reach 1ohm coil surely, it'd be just under 3cm of wire nevermind 1.6-1.8ohm coils

is there something i'm missing here?

hrm. i dont read german, but I think the bulli smoker site is closed or something until the 30th of april
    whoops

I'll send you some more of that wick you got off Clockworks.
    Handy to have while you learn how to coil using it.

Bulli shop is closed till end of month.

Get that wire for LR coils. 6 turns will get you around 1.6-1.8 Ohms. First post in the thread explains resistance well.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/10-Mtrs-Nichrome-80-20-Resistance-Wire-0-20mm-0-0079in-/180606903099

The flavour is excellent out of it.
    Ya have to make sure it's wet all times.
    First time he says to put in a load of drops then after that just keep topping up when neccessary.

When there is too much and it's not wicking properly it will just spit out the air hole.

As night goes on you will get a good feel for it.

When you say the coil is still glowing, is that from just looking into the hole or when the case is off it?

It will glow when the case is off as the wick dries quickly, that's dry burning.

He said it probably a tenner or so to fix mine, if more he will ask my approval before fixing.

Just about have it stripped here now and hoping to see a wire that needs soldering and do it meself.

Done a continuity test with multimeter and not a sound out of it so hope it is a wire that i can get access to.

yeah the flavour is pretty nice off this alright, i bumped up the voltage to 5v and it seems to be working pretty well. decent enough amount of vapour and warmth but no throat hit at all.. I guess I'll just have to learn how to make better coils

and yeah i was doing it with the case off to make sure everything was working

i did a little different with this coil, I didnt unravel the wick at all I just cut a bit off and made a coil on it, still seems to be wicking fine.. no burnt taste even at 5v

ill pm you with my address, thanks :)

• Advertisement

yeah the flavour is pretty nice off this alright, i bumped up the voltage to 5v and it seems to be working pretty well. decent enough amount of vapour and warmth but no throat hit at all.. I guess I'll just have to learn how to make better coils

and yeah i was doing it with the case off to make sure everything was working

i did a little different with this coil, I didnt unravel the wick at all I just cut a bit off and made a coil on it, still seems to be wicking fine.. no burnt taste even at 5v

ill pm you with my address, thanks :)

pm replied.

It's a smooth draw on it, however, your juices are around the 50/50 ratio ? Less throathit.
    That would make a difference too, there is a few things to understand and get right.

That wick, cut off a length of what you need and pull out the strands.
    Should be using two of them i think iirc.

If it's 0.15 wire- i'm guessing 5 turns = 3 Ohms
    If it's .20 wire - i'm guessing 6 turns = 1.8 Ohms

Multimeter is a must have.

ps: make sure the wick is behind the posts at the bottom and not clogged up high in the chamber.

yeah my diy's are 50/50 and the other juices I have are all over the place

ill try nip into town tomorrow and pick up a multimeter, be the handiest thing

Yep, get one. Would'nt pay more than €15 btw.
    Too much guess work trying to figure out the resistance.

Handy for troubleshooting other things as well.

I found that 50/50 too weak a ratio when i used it before, be much better at 75/25.

did a couple more coils there, I seem to be getting the hang of it
    not knowing the resistance is holding me back though, I think i've made an LR one now as 4v and above is giving me an awful aftertaste

im getting *way* more vapour this time around though.. is it possible to put the coil on the wrong side of the posts?

every other time I was putting them on the same side, but this time I thought I'd try the other just to see if it made a difference and plumes of vapour are coming out
    now its always possible that ive just made a better coil this time than any of the others but the draw even seems airier (and i checked every time, airhole was right in front of the coil) so the only thing that i can think would make a difference is the side of the posts I put the coil on

--edit

i see what people mean now about lowering the nic content.. im still not getting much TH but im feeling pretty jittery :)

im already scratching my chin reading ukvapers SS mesh rda wick thread thinking "i wonder...."

http://ukvapers.com/topic/11283-stainless-wick-for-rda/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

if anyone interested, i know lad , he got the wick from german forum while ago , i would say it is nearly as good as buli wick
    1mm . he could sell it for 1.50 meter , located in Dublin
    btw .He also got brand new clone A2 for 50 quid
    PM me .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Yep was same with me, drove me crazy doing repairs on it.

It actually worked fine on one eGo battery but not on another.

The Nichrome sorted it instantly and it's the best setup anyway with 6 turns for an eGo battery getting 1.6/7 Ohms.

Spot on derra, .2 nichrome, 6 coils, vaping heaven :D

well after a full day with the RDA I'm filling up a cartomiser

im not gona give up on it until I get some of that ebay wire in the post and maybe some of that stainless steel mesh as a wick but so far it's just... inconsistent. a coil can start off good but then it just loses all flavour, which wasn't that great to begin with. i cant think of a juice I have that tastes better than it did in one of my boges.

Gryzor wrote: »
    Spot on derra, .2 nichrome, 6 coils, vaping heaven :D

Good stuff :)
    What resistance is coming up on the Provari?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Good stuff :)
    What resistance is coming up on the Provari?

1.7ohm

Advertisement