Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

sounds cool, delighted about the vapour production :)

ive decided im gona get both :) rda should come in 2 weeks or so, and by the time the rta comes ill easily have enough saved up to pay for it so all good

im just looking through the thread on ukvapers now figuring out what the options are.. I know i want the tank with the screfill, but I can't remember where I read the damn options for the tube.. I had it open, but must have closed it by accident

im not even sure i really need the rta if the rda is gonna be that good but i suppose it's handier than keeping a bottle on me at all times

This one?
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/12051-anodised-aluminium-tubes-for-rta-and-rda/page__st__20

or this...

http://ukvapers.com/topic/7838-rebuildable-atties-rda-and-rta-options/page__pid__262926__st__760#entry262926

Might go for RTA as well at some stage, will enjoy the simplicity of this one for now though and make sure i get it the way i want before going on to the RTA.
    As a first repairable, the RDA be ideal i think.

And your ceramic drip tip fits in perfectly :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

secvond one, but the first one helped more :)

prettry sure ill get the black anodised tubes , saw a pic and it looked good

at the rate the RTA apparently eats through juice I wonder 2 rda's might not be a better option :)

Stall the wish, one at a time :D Getting ahead of yourself there before ya even tried it.
    Ya have to get decent wicking material as well as some wire which is cheap though.

I'm gonna order a clear one off him so i can see what's going on in there. Looks well all black though.

The RDA will go through the juice as well, but not on a mad scale as the Line did.

yeah im gona have to look into getting some wick/wire
    ill read through the ukvapers thread and this one later and get enough to last me a few months.. can't be too expensive and ill probably need a lot to figure out how to do it properly

--edit
    ugh, ill need a multimeter too

*rocks back and forth mumbling "cheaper than cigarettes, cheaper than cigarettes"*

I have some wick there that i must try in the RDA.
    Was useless in the Bulli but might be different in this.

Anyway, Bulli wick is expensive enough but not crazy money, ya spend more looking for cheaper alternatives :rolleyes:

Get a multimeter for a tenner so ya would.

• Advertisement

just put my name down for both anyway. rda should be done in about 2 weeks going by a post i saw earlier today, and RTA in 8-9. plenty of time to put money aside for the RTA and to get used to the RDA

ill have to find something productive to do with all my spare cartomisers from healthcabin... build a small dollhouse or something

do I have to oxidise stuff like you would with the genesis line, with the rd(t)a?
    or is it just take wire/wick, wrap it altogether and then vape?

none of rawveg's videos had him oxidising anything witha giant scary blue flame, but figured id best make sure to ask

Just the wire, not neccesary but it helps.

Yellow flame off a lighter and heat the wire. Makes it easier to wind and breaks in a bit quicker once ya done that.

http://e-cigarette-gg-france.com/product.php?id_product=189

think i found this stuff in a group buy thread on ukvapers.. so ill learn french in a couple of days and place an order.

seriously, only site i've seen in my travels around the foreign webs looking at ecigs stuff that doesn't have an english language option.. it would be french.

Never tried it, but am sticking to what i know works very well.

That's 2mm wick as well which would be handy, no need for U shape when winding.

• Advertisement

I assume that's something that will make sense to me when I decide to read through this thread again :)

I assume that's something that will make sense to me when I decide to read through this thread again :)

Maybe look at the video and listen :)
    He uses 1mm wick, 2 strands.......2mm ya would use 1 strand.

aaah right right, I think I get you now

so I wouldnt have to loop the wicking stuff over the paperclip end.. i'd just take a strand and wrap a coil around it, and away I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

bullismoker
    got 2 options of wick at the moment
    1 and 2 mm
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=45&lang=eng

as derra said , it isn't cheap , but it works very well..... Besides u only use tones of it at the start ( at learning stage ),as soon as u get some winding skills -- one wick could last a month or more-- with the regular dry burns of course ( than again, if u using 10 % of flavoring -- wick last twice less probably.......)

hehe
    if the rda is as good as it's meant to be ill probably drop down to 5% flavouring :p

thanks for the link, a few people on ukvapers were saying bulli wick wasn't great for the rda. luckily enough i've got a couple of weeks to look at all this **** before I gotta get anything, I think the rda comes with a bit of wick/wire anyway so I shoiuld be ok for a while

few people on ukvapers were saying bulli wick wasn't great for the rda
    i think it is probably the best wick on the market though :)

I think the rda comes with a bit of wick/wire anyway so I shoiuld be ok for a while
    i won't be surprised if u waste that bit in a first day :)

i wouldnt be surprised if I manage to choke myself with it

derra wrote: »
    Got the RDA today.

Repaired it same as Bulli with 6 turns of .2 giving me 1.7 Ohms.

Clockworks said in a post about repairing that two strands is enough for Bulli wick.

I used 4GF just to be akward as i knew what measurement i would get and to see what it would be like at that.

At this configuration, ya know the atty has potential.
    The vapour was ok and taste was ok .

So just done a 2GF with 9 turns giving me 2 Ohms. (Seems excessive but it works)
    The flavour is intense, loads of vapour, nice draw out of it etc.
    Takes a lot of juice for dripping which is a bonus from just a few drops at a time into the Bulli.

Will read up on it a bit more and see what kind of reapirs people are doing and take it from there.

That's the difference between this and the Line for me.
    I won't mind repairing this till i find the right results.
    It's a simple process taking less than 5 mins to repair.

Won't work on Box mod, hoping an adapter will fix that tomorrow.
    So only have it on the eGo battery @ 2 Ohms and i'm even pleased with that, so will expect better throathit etc on a higher voltage.

Definitely gonna enjoy this atty.

Congratulation ,derra !!!!
    What u think about it flavour/taste wise , in comparison to Line ?
    i think my Line working better now, still can't achieve RTA results .....i didn't give up on it though :)
    made couple dozen of mesh wicks already , probably can do it with the eyes closed by now :) no hot spots , no E1-E2 errors at the start on Provari , wicking is good-- no burn taste to the last drop ...plenty of vapour . But it is kinda tasteless though and poor throat hit ... i dunno , maybe i repeatedly making very same error every time..... Although i never had a chance to refill it more than twice with the same mesh on....will the taste improve after 3-4 refills ,u think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I think we need to combine methods alec, i get clouds of vapour, savage flavour, good throat hit, but no wicking without tipping....

Flavour is good after ~20 drags on a new coil

• Advertisement

meant to ask before alec, how's you get on with the bulli clone?? Is it worth a punt??

My bulli's are aluminium, threads are starting to go big time. The air hole is now lined up with the two screws....

aaah right right, I think I get you now

so I wouldnt have to loop the wicking stuff over the paperclip end.. i'd just take a strand and wrap a coil around it, and away I go.

Yep, that be my thinking on it anyway at the moment.
    alec76 wrote: »
    bullismoker
    got 2 options of wick at the moment
    1 and 2 mm
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=45&lang=eng

as derra said , it isn't cheap , but it works very well..... Besides u only use tones of it at the start ( at learning stage ),as soon as u get some winding skills -- one wick could last a month or more-- with the regular dry burns of course ( than again, if u using 10 % of flavoring -- wick last twice less probably.......)

Be careful of the 2mm wick.
    Big thread on the German forum with many complaints about this 2mm wick.
    Cetin eventually acknowledged it is not great, he maintained it was from same manufacturer and should be as good as the 1mm wick.
    But users said it was very brittle etc
    I think it has been resolved but maybe he still has stock of the not so good stuff.
    The 1mm remained ok for all users.
    Jesus i make hard work of explaining things lol
    i won't be surprised if u waste that bit in a first day :)

Probably melt anyway :D
    The seller has been trying some other german wick i believe, not sure if he is sending that out with his orders now or the stuff we tried from the group buy which melts.
    Congratulation ,derra !!!!
    What u think about it flavour/taste wise , in comparison to Line ?
    i think my Line working better now, still can't achieve RTA results .....i didn't give up on it though :)
    made couple dozen of mesh wicks already , probably can do it with the eyes closed by now :) no hot spots , no E1-E2 errors at the start on Provari , wicking is good-- no burn taste to the last drop ...plenty of vapour . But it is kinda tasteless though and poor throat hit ... i dunno , maybe i repeatedly making very same error every time..... Although i never had a chance to refill it more than twice with the same mesh on....will the taste improve after 3-4 refills ,u think?

I honestly cannot say for sure yet Alec, I had the Line briefly and when i had it working best i could, i thought the flavour was excellent.
    The RDA, i have to find best configuration, only done two repairs and flavour is great.
    I might repair tomorrow with wire over 4GF but have two tails.
    I think 4GF is too much soaking in the juice away from the wick, trial and error.
    Early days yet but i do like it.

A lot of users think the Line improves after 2 refills.
    Are you oxidising the whole mesh or just the top part?
    I thought it lacked a bit of throathit, but then it was good, inconsistent for me personally.
    So many little things can change it's performance and so many different experiences from users that seem to be doing the same setup :confused:

Gryzor wrote: »
    meant to ask before alec, how's you get on with the bulli clone?? Is it worth a punt??

My bulli's are aluminium, threads are starting to go big time. The air hole is now lined up with the two screws....

O rings help that, are you saying the air hole is not centre across from the posts?

Post on ECF i read before...
    '' I used a little o-ring (from an old CE-2 clearomizer) on the threaded part of the base. It temporarily moved the hole in alignment with the coil and elivated it slightly. Wow what a difference!!! Mad vapor and much better flavor, just like it was new. With this little o-ring, it prevents metal to metal contact of the tube and base, so no wear. Because of that, I may keep it like it is.''

yeah, thats the problem....tried an O-ring before, didn't really work

I'll try a CE-2 one...sure i have lots of them lying around somewhere

works alright...not as easy as it looks to get the fecker on after a few beers....broke 2, and one sprung across the room...4th time lucky though :D

Makes such a difference to where that hole is !

That second one i got recently, i bought the base and case separately.
    I asked him to drill hole for me as normally when he sells the case on it's own ya have to drill yourself because he does not have the base.

A few days later the A2 was going on sale so i think he sent me one of them with hole etc.
    Was not in a great position though, working ok but not great compared to the other one so getting a new hole drilled in proper place and will fill the other with epoxy or something then it should be firing on all cylinders.

That one Alec got has a air hole in higher position and he reckons it's much better.

Hope the O ring works temporarily anyway till ya get something.

It's definitely an atty i will never be without.

works alright...not as easy as it looks to get the fecker on after a few beers....broke 2, and one sprung across the room...4th time lucky though :D

:D
    Good stuff.

Did'nt even think of it myself before giving the case to a mate to drill the hole :rolleyes:

Difference is amazing....i have memories of the bullis kicking out the vapour for me when i got them initially, been fighting with them for the last 3 months wondering why i couldn't make a decent wick anymore....

Threads have worn badly on both....I'll never buy an aluminimum device like this again...

*heads off to talk to the russians...i has lots of roooooobles

derra wrote: »
    Did'nt even think of it myself before giving the case to a mate to drill the hole :rolleyes:

Redrilling is the way forward i think, with the O-ring, the main body barely screws on for me. The fit is OK, but i wouldn't be confident it'd stay together in my pocket...

Hole diameter is .9ml, right??

• Advertisement

Difference is amazing....i have memories of the bullis kicking out the vapour for me when i got them initially, been fighting with them for the last 3 months wondering why i couldn't make a decent wick anymore....

Threads have worn badly on both....I'll never buy an aluminimum device like this again...

*heads off to talk to the russians...i has lots of roooooobles

Produces tonnes of vapour does'nt it, would'nt swap them for any atty or Mod .
    Be worth getting i'd say, wait till Alec replies and see what he thinks of it now.
    Would of been an extra €5 or something for SS when ya were buying the Bullis in the first place!
    Redrilling is the way forward i think, with the O-ring, the main body barely screws on for me. The fit is OK, but i wouldn't be confident it'd stay together in my pocket...

Hole diameter is .9ml, right??

Nearly sure it's a 1mm hole in the Bulli, some put a .8mm hole in for tighter draw or.9mm.

Advertisement