Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the rda is pretty straightforward, I know I've been bitching about it a lot but I'm a useless twat

rta does look slightly scary alright

I checked the voltage under load on the lavatube again (maybe this should go in the lavatube thread) with the battery at 3.7v left, and voltage under load is now 4.4v so it has dropped a bit as the battery drained

I guess this is the reason for the longer life than the provari, performance lessens as charge drains instead of the provari constantly sucking the life out of the battery to maintain the perfect voltage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Loving this thread! Better than Television!

The RTA's and RDA's look like they're pretty involved to get right.

What's the Mark T like? Thats rebuildable too isn't it? Would that work on an eGo? Looks like a dummy like me could be able to rebuild it.

Most seem to use it in dripping mode and that's just too expensive for that only at over €90.
    Ya can use it in tank mode like the Bulli tank version as well.
    It would work on a eGo alright.
    Overall it was just a lot of hype i think.

They all have their good and bad points regarding consistency, easy to set up or not, flavour etc.

Can make life easy for yourself by reading up on them and what problems people come across and ordering everything you need and plenty of it.
    Don't just buy one and not know what to do with it.
    Alec posted this months ago in the original thread and is helpful...

well I managed to make a 1.8ohm coil :)

having a multimeter is fun

How many turns?
    Just seems low for high voltage vaping with 0.13 wire.

3 or 4 turns, vaping it at 3.5v

• Advertisement

So about 6 or 7 turns would get you close to 3 Ohms which would be better now as your only using two strands.
    It roughly goes up and down in .4's per turn.

Link to a fella selling wire that would get ya by till the other one you ordered comes from Poland i think it is.

http://ukvapers.com/topic/16327-ukv-central-wire-stores/

think the ebay stuff is from norway, sent a pm to that fella anyway thanks. gona order 2 lots of the .20 and .15 just so I have enough of each :)

Good stuff, use the 0.20 first anyway.

When you get that delivery and pretty sure it's Poland it's actually sent from, it's not in a spool. Ya can really mess it up if your not careful and get it all tangled up.

It's wound up in a circle but it's tied on two parts of it, you will unravel one of these bits and slide it through the other bit to keep it neat and tie again.

You will see when you get it, very easy to make a balls of it and i've done that.

wick arrived today, thanks :)

I'll get using it next week when that .20/.15 arrives from england. gona take a break from coiling until then and just stick with cartos for the next few days

Good stuff.

To check if an atty is dead or alive .....

Look for this sign on the multimeter or one that looks similar to a sound wave..
    fetch.php?hash=675f83&w=258&h=290&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ladyada.net%2Fimages%2Fmetertutorial%2Fconticon1.jpg

Touch the two probes off each other and you should hear a sound....

Then place the red probe onto the atty connector of your Boge in the middle bit underneath (centre pin) and place the black probe on the thread of the atty connector.

If no sound the atty is fecked.

Do the same again on the Ohm setting to check the resistance of your Boges etc.

• Advertisement

Troubleshooting:
    RDA - Poor Vapour Production

If your RDA is giving you flavour and hit, but not much vapour, check that you have put it together correctly and are holding it the right way.

With the RDA on the table in front of you, and the outer terminal in the 9 o'clock position, the coil should be on the far side of the terminals, away from you.

Fit the tube so that the air hole is pointing at 11 o'clock. The hole should be closer to the top of the tube.

Fit the RDA to your PV, and add 20 drops of juice from dry. Hold the PV so that the air hole is pointing up and away from you.

If the coil gets flooded, the RDA will still give you flavour and hit, but very little vapour.

well i got a package of wire from poland in the post today, that was quick

guess ill go back to making coils for the rda later on :)

--edit

just made a 7 turn coil and it came out to about 1ohms... what the hell

Jesus that was quick, usually takes a while to get it off him.

Anyway 1 Ohm...

Your using different wick to me, i guess because your using less volume than i am.

So, do a 6 turn coil maybe and cut a small piece to go under the coil as well, enough just for that as well as your two strands.

or do 9 turns using the two strands.

this measures in as a 1.5 ohm coil

it looks fine with the naked eye, but in this picture I guess I can see the coils could be closer together

The coil looks fine, the first turn on the left looks a bit loose but should be ok.

Is that two strands of wick?

i dunno, it's from your envelope. I just took a piece and chopped it off. I didnt unravel it so however many strands are in there ... are in there :)

Ya need two bits of that fluffier looking stuff as well.

Then 6 coils should do ya.

I separated the wick into individual strands.

Might be some 1mm group buy stuff that needs separating, but the fluffy stuff is ready to use.

oh, right

well the lavatube wont fire this at anything above 2.9 volts so I guess im gona have to do up another coil :) Ill use two strands of the fluffy stuff this time

damn, i forgot I filled this thing with 15 drops

ill vape it for a while so and do up another coil later :)

oh, i was wrong. lavatube will fire it up to 3.6/3.7

ntb

oh, right

well the lavatube wont fire this at anything above 2.9 volts

:confused:

2.5 amp limit on lava?

1.7 Ohm coil @ 3.7 v = 8 watts and nearly 2.2 amps

In a hoop here from a wedding reception last night so maybe i'm missing something, i need a pint.

• Advertisement

Use the ejuice me up calculator
    tools-pv tuning, reset after each calculation

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc#gid=1

I use this, pretty handy

new coil with 2 strands of the fluffy stuff is measuring at 1.8ohms and the LT wont push it above 4.1-4.2V
    I guess the 2.5 amp limit is more of a suggestion than a hard rule :)

aaaaah, the battery was at 3.6V
    put in a freshly charged battery, it will push it to 4.5v with @ 1.8ohms is 2.5amps :)

the last coil burned the wick quite a bit.. I wonder was I chain vaping a bit too much

made a 2.2ohm coil anyway. ill vape this one around 4-4.5v for a while, see how it goes

It's all down to personal preference regarding throathit and taste etc
    Your trying it between 4 and 4.5v.

A coil @ 2.2 Ohms and 4v = 7 watts

@ 4.5v = 9 watts

Massive difference in that, anything much higher than 8 and i get burnt taste etc

4.1 v should be giving you a nice vape @ 2.2 Ohms. ( best with more coil though, 4 turns dries quick if that's what you have)

The wick burnt because maybe you did'nt prime it first, too much power and it could'nt wick fast enough causing it to melt. That particular wick is as i said before, crap.

With the Bulli wick you can dry burn and it won't melt.
    Be the same with that heavens gifts wick i sent you, it won't melt but i don't think it wicks great. Try it, need a bit cut off and create two loops on one side and one loop and two tails on the other. 6 @ .20 will give you 1.7 Ohms and heat the wire before wrapping.

is the heavens gift stuff the real skinny stuff?

i have about 6-8 turns on this coil, very close together. giving me a decent vape at 4.5v, still a bit too cool but good flavour and throat hit.. excellent vapour too. i think so long as I leave it down every 4-5 drags for a while, it should give the wick enough tiome to feed juice to the coil and wont burn

when the bulli shop opens back up I'll get some of their wick

yep it's the skinny stuff. Try it, i just found the coil glowed too quick.

No need to be leaving it down, just have enough juice in it, if your chain vaping ya just need to top it up with a few drops.

Bulli aint open till end of month and it's €6.99 delivery, ya would get nearly 4 metres for that off Alec's mate which seems to be decent stuff.

hrm
    maybe I just have the wick too long so.. the wick seems to be very wet even when the coil is burning the wick its wrapped around

im pm alec about that wick after i have my dinner :)

It's supposed to be wet, that's how it works. Just don't be flooding it.
    It's very obvious how much he uses in the video using the wick that you have.

i cant seem to stop burning the wicks, which is obviously affecting the flavour

I was getting near perfect flavour there with some of my swedish fish.. everything was coming through but then the flavour dipped a tiny bit, I poured a bit more in and vaped away and the wick is now burned where the coil is
    ive been making an effort not to wind them too tight to avoid burning but it's still happening :/
    its like the wick is useless as its not feeding juice to the coils and I have to drip ddirectly onto the coil to get anything

--edit

i think i may have been winding the coil too tight to get a higher ohm coil. not tight on the wick, ive been careful about that but too many turns too close together.. I guess the combined heat was damaging the wick

• Advertisement

That wick is useless, it has a low melting point.
    Won't know yourself when you get decent stuff.

The HG wick will not melt, will wick but not fast enough imo.

Some users softened it up by soaking it in vodka for a hour or two.

I hope you like it as i have a heap of it here you can buy :)

Advertisement