Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

hush with your sensible alternatives :P

:D

It's mad, i would probably have no bother getting a expensive atty but no way am i spending €200 + for a Provari.

I got the eGO 18650 mod from Heavens gifts yesterday, shipped and on it's way. (€14 inc shipping)
    Forgot to order a battery with it in my drunken hangover state :rolleyes:

So trying to figure out the best and safest to get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aw imr's probably. although I am, in my ignorance of better alternatives, an aw imr fanboy :)
    think the new versions are 2000mah, if it's a 3.7v mod that should last a while

also the provari + extension cap + warranty is only 150 euro or so.. :)

*only*

aw imr's probably. although I am, in my ignorance of better alternatives, an aw imr fanboy :)
    think the new versions are 2000mah, if it's a 3.7v mod that should last a while

also the provari + extension cap + warranty is only 150 euro or so.. :)

*only*

€150 does'nt seem so bad i suppose, i don't have a charger or batteries for it which adds to the cost for me.

I be charging the eGo mod through USB, fella on UKVapers pointed me to a couple batteries including the AW'S but kind of confused me too at same time.

Which one can i get and not worry about it charging away is what i want to know.

Don't think AW protected batteries fit in it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

derra wrote: »
    Which one can i get and not worry about it charging away is what i want to know.
    From what I've read none of them should be left to charge unattended as a general rule for all lithium batteries. Though that would apply to eGo batteries too, not to mention phones, laptops etc, which I'm sure we've all done. I haven't let my AWs charge unattended yet, but I'd often leave an eGo charge overnight. It's hard to know if you're being too paranoid, or not paranoid enough.

aw imr's aren't protected, they aren't lithium ion they are a different (safer) chemistry so dont need protection circuits

if it takes 18650 batteries, it should take aw imr 18650's.
    think they cost about a tenner or so from most sites
    charger too is 10-15 quid, think it's 15 on irishvapers

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/batteries/338-aw-18650-1600mah-high-drain.html

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/batteries/403-aw-18650-2000mah-high-drain.html

i think the 2000mah are ever so slightly longer, someone here said .7mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

yeah im getting impatient now though
    wonder if I pm him offering an extra 50 will he bump my name :)

i have an alu bulli i can loan you in the meantime digby, I've redrilled the airhole in the right place, just haven't gotten around to plugging the old one yet...

thanks for the offer (people are so nice here :) ) but I dont have any wick or wire atm plus I'll have an RDA in the next fortnight

id rather learn on myown device in case I accidentally break something and have to spend the next six months refreshing the bulli site every 5 minutes hoping they're back in stock to replace yours :)

if it takes 18650 batteries, it should take aw imr 18650's.
    think they cost about a tenner or so from most sites
    charger too is 10-15 quid, think it's 15 on irishvapers

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/batteries/338-aw-18650-1600mah-high-drain.html

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/batteries/403-aw-18650-2000mah-high-drain.html

Buying direct from AW is a bit cheaper than the UK sites in my experience

Gryzor wrote: »
    i have an alu bulli i can loan you in the meantime digby, I've redrilled the airhole in the right place, just haven't gotten around to plugging the old one yet...

What are ya going to use to plug that hole?
    Epoxy or something simple like covering with tape ?

Getting mine back shortly and will have to cover the hole too.

Yeah i was on that link earlier and posted it on UKVapers, much cheaper.
    About a week or so after you order before getting them would it be?

Will probably just pick one up more local this time so i'll have it when the Mod comes.

What are ya going to use to plug that hole?
    Epoxy or something simple like covering with tape ?

Getting mine back shortly and will have to cover the hole too.

Yeah i was on that link earlier and posted it on UKVapers, much cheaper.
    About a week or so after you order before getting them would it be?

Will probably just pick one up more local this time so i'll have it when the Mod comes.

Not sure what to use to plug it...nearly used No More Nails last night, then reckoned that'll probably kill me slowly :eek:

Batteries arrive in ~2 weeks

• Advertisement

Not sure what to use to plug it...nearly used No More Nails last night, then reckoned that'll probably kill me slowly :eek:

Batteries arrive in ~2 weeks

If ya think of something let me know anyway.
    Think a good putty can be used, will have a root around and see if anything is suitable.

Ya can make yourself a drip tip adapter out of the mouthpiece too.
    Just screw it on and cut off at section where the narrow bit meets the wider bit.
    Rotate a knife or something inside then to shave some off, just keeping checking with your drip tip when it fits fairly tightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

derra , if u gonna use IMR batteries(unprotected) with the Ego charger -- make sure it is not overcharged them ( check it with multimeter after charge-- if battery blows it is usually happening either during the charge or straight after that ,during the first couples draws ... Dont be confused -- IMR - ARE lithium batteries , they might be safer than others , but still .....

alec76 wrote: »
    derra , if u gonna use IMR batteries(unprotected) with the Ego charger -- make sure it is not overcharged them ( check it with multimeter after charge-- if battery blows it is usually happening either during the charge or straight after that ,during the first couples draws ... Dont be confused -- IMR - ARE lithium batteries , they might be safer than others , but still .....

Cheers Alec,
    Will get these maybe?
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2x-SenyBor-2200mAh-18650-3-7v-batteries-case-/120871096884?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item1c247a9234

Fella over on UKVapers used 2800mAh and said they fit but a bit tight.

Not all protected batteries work/fit inside the tube.

Will get these maybe?
    dunno,this mod turning off when batterry drains to 3.4v ....battery life wise these won't be great imho

2800 if they fit .....7 hours to charge with ego charger though .... and they won't fit Trustfire charger

i do have soshine 2800 mah protected ( real capacity 2400-2600) decent batteries, not top class though, fit TR-01
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/soshine-protected-18650-3-7v-2800mah-lithium-batteries-with-case-black-2-battry-pack-31896

If ya think of something let me know anyway.
    Think a good putty can be used, will have a root around and see if anything is suitable.

Ya can make yourself a drip tip adapter out of the mouthpiece too.
    Just screw it on and cut off at section where the narrow bit meets the wider bit.
    Rotate a knife or something inside then to shave some off, just keeping checking with your drip tip when it fits fairly tightly.

Used a bit of No More Nails in the end, till i figure out something else, its solvent free :o...what about solder??

I got one of the vapourage adapters a few months back alright, flavour is better with it for sure, not sure its better enough to put up with dripping though...never took to that really

dunno,this mod turning off when batterry drains to 3.4v ....battery life wise these won't be great imho

2800 if they fit .....7 hours to charge with ego charger though .... and they won't fit Trustfire charger

i do have soshine 2800 mah protected ( real capacity 2400-2600) decent batteries, not top class though, fit TR-01
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/soshine-protected-18650-3-7v-2800mah-lithium-batteries-with-case-black-2-battry-pack-31896

I'll probably end up getting a Trustfire charger and a couple of suitable batteries for it, will most likely get some sort of VV mod in the next while anyway. Although i would prefer one with USB charging like Darwin or the VV Throathit i linked to you before.

I read also that AW P18650 2600 can work in the eGo mod so that maybe more suitable using eGo charger even if it takes ages.
    Used a bit of No More Nails in the end, till i figure out something else, its solvent free :o...what about solder??

I got one of the vapourage adapters a few months back alright, flavour is better with it for sure, not sure its better enough to put up with dripping though...never took to that really

This stuff may do it Gryzor..
    http://corkartsupplies.com/Milliput-Standard-113gm-M00425

Can be found cheaper on eBay i think.

Also stuff called J B Weld might do it.

I read also that AW P18650 2600 can work in the eGo mod so that maybe more suitable using eGo charger even if it takes ages.
    i believe that's the good batteries .
    Trustfire charger won't charge much faster than Ego charger --
    trustfire -- 500mah output (2600/500=5.2 hours
    ego charger 420 mah output (2600/420=6.2 hours
    Although , with the trustfire u can charge 1 battery and using second with the mod at the same time....

i believe that's the good batteries .
    Trustfire charger won't charge much faster than Ego charger --
    trustfire -- 500mah output (2600/500=5.2 hours
    ego charger 420 mah output (2600/420=6.2 hours
    Although , with the trustfire u can charge 1 battery and using second with the mod at the same time....

Thought it would of been a lot quicker than that with the charger, will just get one battery for it so. Really is just to have a bigger battery PV on hand at a cheap cost for now.

So what's the story with ..
    Protected 18650 ( 2200mAH ) ---- $12.00 each *Upgraded *Button Top Cell

Bit of a post i read about eGo mod, too long to paste it all here...

I believe protected batteries are generally rated at a 2C max discharge rate (at least AW's are), so my AW 2900mAh is rated to safely discharge at a maximum of 5.8A, which is well within the safe range of what attys are drawing (at least with my LR Boge cartos @ 3.3v). Heck, I have actually been using two 17670's in my eGo 18650 mod exclusively, and those are rated at 1600mAh. So with my carto drawing 1.43A it's still below a 1C discharge (which is actually a nice decent and safe discharge rate).

Really the only other thing I worry about with this device is the circuitry, I have no idea what is going on in there and can only hope it is doing things in a safe manner. But this is also the other benefit of using protected high quality batteries, as the protection circuit will trip if a short occurs (among other things), so this adds an additional layer of safety in case something goes horribly wrong or malfunctions. Using an IMR, while it does use 'safer' chemistry, doesn't have the advantage of a separate protection circuit (although they do have thermal protection). So you have to rely 100% on the device for that.

I personally wouldn't want to use a unprotected IMR in this eGo 18650 mod, just in case. However due to all the insane safety that's in the Provari, I would have no issues at all using a unprotected IMR AW on that kind of setup, because the device itself is designed to be very smart and something you can trust and rely on.

But still, at a 2C discharge rate with protected batteries, you would be hard pressed to exceed 6.2A using AW's 3100mAh 18650 in a Provari. Even ramping the Provari voltage to 6V and using a LR carto (lets say are at 2ohm) that is still just 3A. AW's IMR's can handle an 8C discharge rate, which is absolutely insane. If you are trying to push 12.8A (1600mAh x 8) through a carto/atty, then you have other things to worry about!

Bit of a post i read about eGo mod, too long to paste it all here...
    Agreed in general , not entirely tho:)
    Ego- mod is stepdown regulator mod, not a booster, so no need for high drain battery as such ....
    Even ramping the Provari voltage to 6V and using a LR carto (lets say are at 2ohm) that is still just 3A
    3A is output , real battery draw in this particular case could be ....4.86A

I2*(V2/V1)=I1
    3A*(6v/3.7v)=4.86A (( it is more than that actually--don't forget efficiency of the booster )
    My point is -- u can't just produce 6v from nothing ....(if u want boost voltage from 3.7v to 6v) u must use higher current to do that ....

Agreed in general , not entirely tho:)
    Ego- mod is stepdown regulator mod, not a booster, so no need for high drain battery as such ....

3A is output , real battery draw in this particular case could be ....4.86A

I2*(V2/V1)=I1
    3A*(6v/3.7v)=4.86A (( it is more than that actually--don't forget efficiency of the booster )
    My point is -- u can't just produce 6v from nothing ....(if u want boost voltage from 3.7v to 6v) u must use higher current to do that ....

Bloody Yanks, they think they know it all Alec :)

Russia ftw.

Ordered a AW Protected 2200 mAH so that may do for now along with some of that Noalox stuff for the threads.

Battery costs around the same as the Mod :D

Getting a better performance out of the Line yet?
    I see they are producing another 5-600 more !

The RDA is going well, find myself using the Bulli more though with the eGo battery.

The RDA will look good on a Lavatube etc but i still use it a fair bit on the box mod.

• Advertisement

Been using the A2-T for the last couple of days at work...luv the convenience of the tank, but the flavour is well down on the regular bulli.

Gave dripping a go on the regular bulli last nite, have to say flavour and vapour were better than the cartridge. The draw is alot nicer aswell...

You drip alot with yours derra, do you lash in extra wick for extra soakage, or just the regular amount?? Was also expecting leakage out of the bottom threads, didn't get any...

Been using the A2-T for the last couple of days at work...luv the convenience of the tank, but the flavour is well down on the regular bulli.

Gave dripping a go on the regular bulli last nite, have to say flavour and vapour were better than the cartridge. The draw is alot nicer aswell...

You drip alot with yours derra, do you lash in extra wick for extra soakage, or just the regular amount?? Was also expecting leakage out of the bottom threads, didn't get any...

I just use the regular amount and that works fine for me. I drip in 3 drops (Inawera bottles) any more and it be too much coming out of the air hole etc
    Yeah it's a much cleaner vape, tonnes of vapour i get and nicer flavour than the cartridge or in your case the tank.

Really does'nt bother me, just take off the drip tip, 3 drops, back on with drip tip and repeat when neccesasry.

Been checking out a few pages here and there about different wick too..

Alec posted a link a few pages back to a place that makes it and this shop here sells what we would be looking for...

http://digitalsteam.de/Selbstwickelverdampfer:::60.html

There is a thread on the German site about them looking for diffrent wick...
    Use Firefox google translator add on for easy reading..
    http://www.e-rauchen-forum.de/thread-45702.html

Was rooting through the shed there earlier and found Unibond Repair Metal For Good, wonder if that be any use for the hole in the Bulli :confused:

Saw nothing about using a bit of solder, might be alright too :confused:

Alec posted a link a few pages back to a place that makes it and this shop here sells what we would be looking for...

http://digitalsteam.de/Selbstwickelverdampfer:::60.html
    sk-3 (3mm wick) definitely last longer in comparison to Bulli wick .. I think i still have 60-70 cm of it .Could post 15 cm to u if u wanna try .... ( u only need ~3 cm for one wick ) it is hollow btw - the best way to do the wick is fill it with 2-3 strands of bulli wick.... Although there is some sorta aftertaste at the start ... i think it is disappearing after while ... If u think it is any good -- we might get it for peanuts .... ekowool selling it for 20 RUB/meter(0.52 eur) .dunno about the minimum order tho...
    And here is the retail price :)

http://digitalsmoker.ru/index.php?route=product/category&path=36

:eek: That silica is expensive €2.57-3 for 1 metre only, just realised the length you receive from Digital Smoker and Stream.
    Price is actually similar to Bulli wick, so i wonder if it is better or not.

So the 10/20 metre option from Digital Smoker is the 3mm hollow stuff you have?

Send me a little bit anyway and i see what it is like.

I probably would prefer just one type of material being used but if it works and taste goes away it's worth trying.

Might try this also...
    http://www.intaste.de/Do-it-yourself/Glasfaser-1mm-5m::340.html

''These high-purity glass fiber is typically used for refractory clothing at the Fire Department or the Formula 1. The fiber is 5 meters long and 1 mm thick.''

We will be running back to Bulli before we know it :D

A2 back in stock inc. SS option which is what ya want.
    Get plenty of 1mm wick with order as well as 5 metres for me and i'll fix ya up :D

Shop seems to be closing for a month from 1st of April.

*phew*
    it costs 50, and I only have 49 on my card

*phew*
    it costs 50, and I only have 49 on my card

Ya would end up spending around €70/80 anyway to keep yourself going for a long time, then it's just wick & wire needed after that as you have your atty.

aye im gona get some wick today I think for when my rda arrives
    bulli 2m should do the job, think I remember you saying 2mm would be better as i wouldn't have to make a U when making the coil

then some nichrome .. you reccomend 1.6 or 2.0 ?
    i guess with the 1.6 I could just lower the voltage on the LT as it'd be LR

aye im gona get some wick today I think for when my rda arrives
    bulli 2m should do the job, think I remember you saying 2mm would be better as i wouldn't have to make a U when making the coil

then some nichrome .. you reccomend 1.6 or 2.0 ?
    i guess with the 1.6 I could just lower the voltage on the LT as it'd be LR

Wait and see what wick Clockworks sends you with the RDA, it comes setup and with a metre of wick i think, Send him a message and ask him.
    It might be better stuff for the RDA than Bulli.

I read on German forum that the 2mm is not great which is why i said to get 1mm wick, maybe it's changed since.

You would have to make a loop with 2mm and 2 loops with 1mm.

It's Kanthal D wire on Bulli site, Nichrome is better as ya get more turns of the wire and settles in quicker.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/10-Mtrs-Nichrome-80-20-Resistance-Wire-0-20mm-0-0079in-/180606903099

You could get some Kanthal D .12/.13 for high voltage or .15 for standard resistance.
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/buymywire

• Advertisement

ah right
    well i made a thread on ukvapers anyway about what wick to get so ill see what the mob says

ill probably stick with lr coils to start off with as that seems to be what everyone else does.. be handier to have a lr coil and a lavatube at lower voltages anyway, battery will last way longer between charges and I could stick it on an ego if I had to

Advertisement