Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

I tried logging in today and all is back to normal.

Yep, after my rant on here and a less than pleasent email I sent "Isabel", seen this post and tried to log back on and it worked!

I'm sorry Irish Opinions, I love you again!

I agree with people moaning about not getting vouchers and their accounts being deleted but moaning about not getting enough?

They're giving you free money for basically nothing! I just do them in work when I have a chance and it's great, as I've said before I gotten a couple of hundred euro in vouchers.

People do surveys for free on the street for goodness sake! You get to do them for payment sitting on your ass at home/work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

While I'm not familiar with this site, I am familiar with this industry. Most companies that run these surveys use software to ensure that the feedback is correct. If someone has just ticked all the boxes to say "yes" or "no" with the intention of getting through the questionnaire quickly their answers will be purged and they won't be invited to participate in any more surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    While I'm not familiar with this site, I am familiar with this industry. Most companies that run these surveys use software to ensure that the feedback is correct. If someone has just ticked all the boxes to say "yes" or "no" with the intention of getting through the questionnaire quickly their answers will be purged and they won't be invited to participate in any more surveys.

Be careful about doing them in work. If your employer does any kind of internet tracking or monitoring, they might not be best pleased to see you earning money for somebody else when they are paying you to work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Be careful about doing them in work. If your employer does any kind of internet tracking or monitoring, they might not be best pleased to see you earning money for somebody else when they are paying you to work for them.

Who says we all spend our employer's time doing surveys? Some of us have morals and do them from home on our own time. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Who says we all spend our employer's time doing surveys? Some of us have morals and do them from home on our own time. :mad:
    Em, way to read the post and actually not read the post. The post was a warning to those people who actually do the surveys in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I tried logging in today and all is back to normal.

Yeah, same here cheers.

Em, way to read the post and actually not read the post. The post was a warning to those people who actually do the surveys in work.

The confusion may have arisen because I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote this post.

The confusion may have arisen because I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote this post.

mwahahahaha!

I'll not heed your warning and continue to waste company time by doing these surveys and there's nothing you can do to stop me!!!

:cool:

leggit wrote: »
    mwahahahaha!

I'll not heed your warning and continue to waste company time by doing these surveys and there's nothing you can do to stop me!!!

Have fun (when you find yourself on the dole).

• Advertisement

leggit wrote: »
    mwahahahaha!

Any wonder you spend so much time applying for work visas around the world - you won't have a job here soon with that attitude. :mad:

Any wonder you spend so much time applying for work visas around the world - you won't have a job here soon with that attitude. :mad:

I hope not to have a job HERE soon :D

No loss to the country with that attitude.:D:D

I ordered a voucher on Jan 31st . I have sent 5 emails to Isabel. I get the automated reply saying there is a delay in sending vouchers, Its now 2 months for a mere 10 euro tesco voucher. What a joke. Some surveys I dont get paid at all and have to chase the 25c or 50c . I am considering getting on to the origin of these surveys and find out what they feel about the people who take the surveys being treated so badly. We go to the time and trouble and I am interested in this sort of thing, but why should Irish opinions take all the profit and fob us off time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cathy neefoley

I have no delays whatsoever when applying for my voucher I usually get a voucher for Amazon.co.uk and it will come by return post when I apply for it.

Biggest problem is the delay in getting paid for the surveys and somehow imagine that is more the fault of the companies we do the surveys for rather than Irish Opinions, could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ive ordered amazon vouchers in the past an normally get an email within a few minutes with my voucher.
    Has anyone had a problem loading some surveys that link to optimusid site? Tried in two browsers and they seem to take forever to load, like 15 minutes or dont load at all

I ordered a voucher on Jan 31st . I have sent 5 emails to Isabel. I get the automated reply saying there is a delay in sending vouchers, Its now 2 months for a mere 10 euro tesco voucher. What a joke. Some surveys I dont get paid at all and have to chase the 25c or 50c . I am considering getting on to the origin of these surveys and find out what they feel about the people who take the surveys being treated so badly. We go to the time and trouble and I am interested in this sort of thing, but why should Irish opinions take all the profit and fob us off time and time again.

I can only speak from my own experience but a couple of months ago I decided to cash in €80 worth after reading complaints here. I had my vouchers less than 2 weeks later.

As for 25c surveys - I have never seen one that low! 75c perhaps but never 25c.

Most survey companies don't pay at all for your opinion, so I take any payment from Irish Opinions as a bonus. Red C phone regularly and all we ever get is a "Thank You".

Slunk wrote: »
    Ive ordered amazon vouchers in the past an normally get an email within a few minutes with my voucher.
    Has anyone had a problem loading some surveys that link to optimusid site? Tried in two browsers and they seem to take forever to load, like 15 minutes or dont load at all

In the past 2 weeks a few have been very very slow to load or move to the next page. Now and again a survey may freeze mid-way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I am considering getting on to the origin of these surveys and find out what they feel about the people who take the surveys being treated so badly. We go to the time and trouble and I am interested in this sort of thing, but why should Irish opinions take all the profit and fob us off time and time again.
    Biggest problem is the delay in getting paid for the surveys and somehow imagine that is more the fault of the companies we do the surveys for rather than Irish Opinions, could be wrong.

The companies who commission the research have nothing to do with paying respondents. That's all meant to be handled by the research agency. Calling someone up at Cadbury's or wherever is unlikely to get you anywhere - they'd just direct you back to the research agency.

I ordered a Tesco voucher last week and it was delivered this week.

• Advertisement

Just completed the very long and tedious Beverages survey that promised "€0.25 - €2.50, depending on the number of questions answered", but nothing showing in my 'rewards pending'. Not a happy camper :-(

Oh Here.
    I did the same one.. no reward. so did 2 of my friends and got nothing.
    I sent Isabel a message and got back the automated reply that you get for every query. I take this reply as an insult as I am doing these surveys for years and feel I deserve a better answer.
    Still did not get my reward ordered on 31st January 2012 for surveys I did in 2011.
    Disgraceful. I am thinking of contacting the companies that give these surveys to Irish Opinions and telling them of the way they treat us.
    I just want to do a survey, get the small reward and have fun.
    So many e mails tracing the 10 euro vouchers its not funny.
    Why do we not stick together on this and refuse to do any until we get treated properly.
    Y

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just completed the very long and tedious Beverages survey that promised "€0.25 - €2.50, depending on the number of questions answered", but nothing showing in my 'rewards pending'. Not a happy camper :-(
    Was that survey about what drinks you've had in the last 24 hours? I did that one a week or two ago. I got asked to do a follow up survey about sports/energy drinks for a reward of €5.50 :D

Did part 2 of the survey and as I got to the end of the survey it said "this final part of the survey needs to be completed by the chief income earner. Are you the chief income earner?"
    I clicked no, since I am not the chief income earner. It kicked me out of the survey and said I am not eligible.:mad::mad: Was so pissed off. Spent almost an hour doing it(mind you, I was watching the TV while doing it so it wasn't a complete loss!) I sent a reply to 'Isabel' and got a canned response about if I completed the survey it will appear in my account within 28 days. She didn't get it. Turned me off completely going for high reward/long length surveys. Looks like I wont be getting my €5.50 :(

The €2.50 has since appeared in my account. The variable reward (i.e. €0.50 -€2.50 ones) dont normally appear in your account for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

I completed that one on Monday also and there is nothing showing in my account.

I am also waiting for a 10euro Tesco Reward since 02.12.11 and I have sent numerous emails back and forth to be told there is a delay and it should be with you shortly. As of 05.04.12 still no voucher!

I am registered on various survey sites and I find MySurvey to be the worst.

Again like Irish Opinions you spend your time filling in the surveys to be greeted with "error" messages upon completion or "sorry we have reached our target" etc and its getting ridiculous!

Getting very fed up with being fobbed off by generic emails and no accountability when you need to get in contact with someone with a query.

From reading other forums in the UK e.g Money Saving Expert.com our friends in the UK are also running into the same problems and issues with surveys and non-payments.

Was that survey about what drinks you've had in the last 24 hours? I did that one a week or two ago. I got asked to do a follow up survey about sports/energy drinks for a reward of €5.50 :D

Did part 2 of the survey and as I got to the end of the survey it said "this final part of the survey needs to be completed by the chief income earner. Are you the chief income earner?"
    I clicked no, since I am not the chief income earner. It kicked me out of the survey and said I am not eligible.:mad::mad: Was so pissed off. Spent almost an hour doing it(mind you, I was watching the TV while doing it so it wasn't a complete loss!) I sent a reply to 'Isabel' and got a canned response about if I completed the survey it will appear in my account within 28 days. She didn't get it. Turned me off completely going for high reward/long length surveys. Looks like I wont be getting my €5.50 :(

The €2.50 has since appeared in my account. The variable reward (i.e. €0.50 -€2.50 ones) dont normally appear in your account for a while.
    Yep, that was the one all right. It's good to hear that the €2.50 came through eventually. And thanks for the tip of what NOT to do when the main survey comes through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Just requested my 8th Amazon voucher since September. I don't understand why people are waiting on vouchers for Amazon. I always get my codes emailed almost instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I did a survey yesterday for a small reward but supposedly if I complete follow-ups for the next nine days I'll receive a €100 One4All voucher. Did anyone else get this? It's called "The Streets" or something and it's investigating how young people use social media etc.

Anyone think it's too good to be true?

What harm to give it a go? They are only surveys. You can complete most in 15 minutes or less. I have got €70 in the past 6 months for passing a few minutes ticking boxes. Money for old rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dark Stanley.

What harm to give it a go? They are only surveys. You can complete most in 15 minutes or less. I have got €70 in the past 6 months for passing a few minutes ticking boxes. Money for old rope.
    I make you right. I've received over €400.00 in vouchers in nearly 4 years. It's no great hardship to spend a few minutes filling out a few questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 cathy neefoley

Hi ,I also completed a similar survey for 0.25-2.50 depending on how many questions I answered, I seem to be doing the survey for ages and answered loads questions but no payment ever showed up in my account, this never happened before. Otherwise am happy enough with the surveys I do, tho sometimes it takes weeks to get paid.

Advertisement