Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Just requested my 8th Amazon voucher since September. I don't understand why people are waiting on vouchers for Amazon. I always get my codes emailed almost instantly.
    Sometimes they don't have any amazon vouchers so you may have to wait a few weeks for them to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Isabel_VOP

My name is Isabel and I am a member of the Irish Opinions Member Services team. I would like to confirm that if you complete a survey in full, the reward will be credited to your account within 28 days, even if it does not show up in pending. Once your account balance has reached €10, you will be able to redeem a voucher of your choosing. Recently we’ve had some delays with our Tesco vouchers due to them being out of stock, however this has now been resolved and all outstanding voucher requests have now been processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Isabel_VOP wrote: »
    My name is Isabel and I am a member of the Irish Opinions Member Services team. I would like to confirm that if you complete a survey in full, the reward will be credited to your account within 28 days, even if it does not show up in pending. Once your account balance has reached €10, you will be able to redeem a voucher of your choosing. Recently we’ve had some delays with our Tesco vouchers due to them being out of stock, however this has now been resolved and all outstanding voucher requests have now been processed.
    And what happens Isabel if you spend 50 minutes on a survey for €5.50 and get to the final stages of the survey, are asked are you the person who is the main income earner/shopper in the house and then get booted out of the survey because you answered truthfully. Madness. I haven't done a survey over 10 minutes since that happened to me. I'm still annoyed about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Isabel_VOP

Please could you send me a private message with your registered email address and the survey number, and we will be happy to look into it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Isabel_VOP Thanks for posting here in order to help. However as you represent a commercial entity, I have to ask that you do not post again in that capacity. If you wish to continue to do so, please contact the admin team at reps@boards.ie in order to arrange for a commercial account.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭angelface2008

I noticed the exact same thing.I thought it was too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

Just completed the very long and tedious Beverages survey that promised "€0.25 - €2.50, depending on the number of questions answered", but nothing showing in my 'rewards pending'. Not a happy camper :-(

Are you still waiting? I did a car one today for 25c-€2.50 and got right to the end, nothing showing in my account either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

robman60 wrote: »
    I did a survey yesterday for a small reward but supposedly if I complete follow-ups for the next nine days I'll receive a €100 One4All voucher. Did anyone else get this? It's called "The Streets" or something and it's investigating how young people use social media etc.

Anyone think it's too good to be true?
    Just in relation to this, I never received any follow up surveys or information. Did anyone else qualify for this, and if so have you received anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

robman60 wrote: »
    Just in relation to this, I never received any follow up surveys or information. Did anyone else qualify for this, and if so have you received anything?

I had a similar survey last week on financial products - only a selection of first responants are selected for the follow on surveys. I was lucky enough to be selecetd!

The credits can take a month or so to show up. No Panic! Easy money for no effort. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

just doing a survey this morning on 11850 and it froze halfway through. This is the second time this has happened recently and its so annoying. The bar showed i had completed 118% of the survey ??? and didnt show any of the repsonses. It wouldn't allow me to progress - :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I dont get any surveys any more. I was told because I had stopped responding for a while I was taken off the mailing list. I was told months ago that the situation was rectified but I still haven't received a single survey :/

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I've tried doing 7 surveys over the last 5 days and after spending 10mins answering questions i've been told they've enough in my criteria on every single one. I've been unable to finish a single survey since i signed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

piperh wrote: »
    I've tried doing 7 surveys over the last 5 days and after spending 10mins answering questions i've been told they've enough in my criteria on every single one. I've been unable to finish a single survey since i signed up.

These days I don't bother doing the survey unless it's fresh enough in my inbox. Anything beyond 1hour and I always get 'criteria filled'.

They have so many members that you have to be quick in responding to any survey offer. Makes sense. It helps if you are not in the huge membership demographic of 23-35 years old and living in Dublin.:)

I am at my wits end with Isabel, I am waiting for a tesco 10 euro voucher since January 31st 2012 for surveys I completed in 2011. I have had 19 e mail correspondences from Isabel and no voucher, All the e mails are the automated canned response. Addressed to dear opinions member. The e mail I send are NOT read and I get inappropriate responses which I will post here if I dont get action. I did a survey on 13/3/2012 and no reward appeared in pending, I sent 4 mails and got back a reply to day saying it takes 28 days to appear if its an outside survey,. Surely anyone can see that 13/3 is more than 28 days ago.... its all delaying tactics not to pay me. I am not doing this for the 10 euro just to prove that I have to be treated decently and will stick it out to the end. Will let you know how it goes. Yvonne

Its a complete scam. Why do companies use Irish opinions when they treat their members like this,. I got 4 sureys recently and after 10 minutes they said
    you do not qualify for this survey after they got all the free info from me. What a shower.

No its not. I dont even blieve this one Isabel exists as no one in a position that she is supposed to have could be so stupid and give so many irrellevant answers to e mails. We are all being taken for mugs.

Hi ,I also completed a similar survey for 0.25-2.50 depending on how many questions I answered, I seem to be doing the survey for ages and answered loads questions but no payment ever showed up in my account, this never happened before. Otherwise am happy enough with the surveys I do, tho sometimes it takes weeks to get paid.
    Cathy, did u ever get paid for that. I havnt got paid yet and nothing in pending. I completed mine on 13/03/212 and no payment - it took over an hour,
    I contacted Isabel numberous times and she keeps giving canned response saying wait 28 days , it is of course 37 days now and nothing in pending, What a scam and an incompetent person.

Isabel_VOP wrote: »
    This is not so Isabel. I am waiting since 31/01/2012. I have e mailed you 19 times and can publish my e mails here and your irrelevant responses to me. You told me you would re issue the voucher and I still have not got it.
    You give me automated replies that are not answering my questions.
    I ordered a voucher on 31/01 and to day you said please allow 28 days for delivery/
    78 days more like Isabel..... no automated replies to your members and please stop treating us like fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dark Stanley.

Beverages - 49137904 €5.50. Has anyone received payment for this survey yet.
    I've been waiting so long I've grown a second head.............:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

Beverages - 49137904 €5.50. Has anyone received payment for this survey yet.
    I've been waiting so long I've grown a second head.............:mad:

I'm still awaiting to be credited €5.50 for this survey also. Its getting Ridiculous. I am also waiting for a €10.00 Tesco Voucher since 02.12.11 although I received the €10.00 Tesco Voucher that I ordered 05.04.12, yesterday.

I hav emailed the illusive "Isabel" since December to be met with "Your voucher will be sent shortly, blah blah blah.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dark Stanley.

I was really OK with IO until, "Beverages - 49137904 €5.50". Now I think its become a pi** take. I'll get what's owing then I'll cancel. Life's to short.

I really don't know why some are having problems. I have had €43 added in the last 5 weeks (includes a €20 financial survey 2 weeks ago) and always get my vouchers within 10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

dudara wrote: »
    Isabel_VOP Thanks for posting here in order to help. However as you represent a commercial entity, I have to ask that you do not post again in that capacity. If you wish to continue to do so, please contact the admin team at reps@boards.ie in order to arrange for a commercial account.

dudara

Since Isabel hasn't posted again do we assume she didn't bother to get a commercial account :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 icicle2000

I can't remember how long I've been signed up with them, maybe a year or two. I get invitations to at least 1 survey every 2 days, but more typically a couple of surveys every day. I have redeemed at least 7 or 8 €10 vouchers in this time. It's one of the best online survey companies I've been with.

My advice: make sure your personal profiles are completed. The more information you've filled in, the more surveys they can send you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I've never done an online survey but from the posts here they seem to be a lot of hassle for very little reward. My advice to people is to sign up with focus group recruitment agencies. For a 1.5hr-2hr group you'll get between 50E-75E* (cash on the day). It's pretty easy money.

* Based on what's paid in London

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    I've never done an online survey but from the posts here they seem to be a lot of hassle for very little reward. My advice to people is to sign up with focus group recruitment agencies. For a 1.5hr-2hr group you'll get between 50E-75E* (cash on the day). It's pretty easy money.

* Based on what's paid in London

1. They are no hassle at all. Most take less than 15 minutes sitting at home watching TV. I get at least €80 a year for basically doing nothing.

2. I don't see the relevance of London rates for London based focus group sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

1. They are no hassle at all. Most take less than 15 minutes sitting at home watching TV. I get at least €80 a year for basically doing nothing.

2. I don't see the relevance of London rates for London based focus group sessions.

1. Just thought that people might have been interested in hearing about an alternative to online surveys. You're not - thanks for the post saying so :rolleyes:

IMO, the difference between 80E in a year and 50E for an evening is significant (especially given the fact that one can participate in several focus groups per year).

2. I only have experience of focus groups in London but I know that the rates for the UK and Ireland are roughly the same: £40/50E - £60-75E per group. Pretty obvious connection, I thought.

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    1. Just thought that people might have been interested in hearing about an alternative to online surveys. You're not - thanks for the post saying so :rolleyes:

IMO, the difference between 80E in a year and 50E for an evening is significant (especially given the fact that one can participate in several focus groups per year).

2. I only have experience of focus groups in London but I know that the rates for the UK and Ireland are roughly the same: £40/50E - £60-75E per group. Pretty obvious connection, I thought.

All I'm saying is that there is no comparison between a person living in Rural Ireland getting a few bob for a few minutes at a laptop while watching TV and what happens for focus groups in London. You mentioned London and nothing of Ireland in your post. And, focus groups (I have attended such an affairs back in the 70s & 80s!) involve travelling to a central location (usually a major city) and giving your undivided attention for a night. It is a completely different type of operation to the Topic of this thread - which is Paid Surveys Irish Opinions. No big deal but just trying to keep to topic and be realistic. :)

• Advertisement

Just for the record: Decided to buy books from Amazon last night. Went into Irish Opinions and requested €30 of Amazon vouchers. Six minutes later, books ordered and the balance from the vouchers is a credit on my Amazon account. Nothing wrong with that! :)

Advertisement