Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Yes but if you calculate how many hours you put in to get this money you would be shocked. I got offered a survey now 1.50 for 20 minutes, you know if they say 20 minutes its definitely 30 if you read it all properly, thats 3 euro per hour and all the hastle and e mails and waiting for the voucher and then cashing it in. If everyone stood up to them and asked for a faster payment and more money maybe they would do something. its exploitation, as they get well paid from companies for giving our details.

Some amount of moaners on this thread! I don't mind it being €3 an hour cos it involves literally no effort and most of the time I do them I'm in work anyway so it's actually supplementing my salary, lovely!

As for giving people your details??? You did sign up for it and you didn't have to do them if you didn't want to?

The good old Irish attitude: "Easy money is too much hassle"

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

alie wrote: »
    I stopped doing them over this and the payments pending, I have asked them to stop emailing me but they are still coming

bottom of each email there is an "opt-out" link where you can unsubscribe to the emails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

leggit wrote: »
    alie wrote: »
    I stopped doing them over this and the payments pending, I have asked them to stop emailing me but they are still coming

bottom of each email there is an "opt-out" link where you can unsubscribe to the emails
    Did that,thanks, they said it will take 3 working days to end their emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I just did a survey tonight and got to the end where I was filling in the demographics only to be told I didnt qualify. I sent Isabel a stinker of an email requiring a response.

I got €40 last night in vouchers but I'm not impressed by todays antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I was three quarters of the way through a survey the other day when I was told that the quota had been reached. Yesterday, I was almost finished a survey when I received the same message. I e-mailed them straight away but haven't received a response. If it happens again I'm out. Very underhand IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

genie wrote: »
    I was three quarters of the way through a survey the other day when I was told that the quota had been reached. Yesterday, I was almost finished a survey when I received the same message. I e-mailed them straight away but haven't received a response. If it happens again I'm out. Very underhand IMO.

Happens me with 2 out of 3 surveys. I don't mind some preliminary questions but they ask what car you drive, when you intend changing, what papers you read, what TV Programmes you watch etc and them chuck you out. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ruggerbugger1

once again, the latest survey i did stalled when i was 3/4s of the way through! unbelievable. this does happen to anyone else?
    there are people on here talking about getting 40 and 50 quid. dont know what ye guys are complaining about. i have about 3 euro in 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

once again, the latest survey i did stalled when i was 3/4s of the way through! unbelievable. this does happen to anyone else?
    there are people on here talking about getting 40 and 50 quid. dont know what ye guys are complaining about. i have about 3 euro in 3 months!

Yup, happened to me this morning and has been happening more and more often. Infuriating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

BabyBirch wrote: »

Yup, happened to me this morning and has been happening more and more often. Infuriating!
    No more emails thank god, mind you they owe me 8 euro, no fear of them sending it on.

I got 12 euro for a survey that took about 5 hours to do over a 2 week period. I was told I would get re imbursed for texsts I had to send to a uk number, I sent 35 texts to a uk number and did not get paid 4 weeks later or the money is not in my pending account. I sent 5 messages to Isabel and no reply. I have some time on my hands and was glad to do something useful but I did not want to be exploited like this, the courtesy of a reply should not be too much to ask for all the effort I put in. Anyone else do this survey ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Deleted User I've moved your post to the main Irish Opinions thread. The thread you posted in was 4 years old.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 14 selsun

I had few instances where the survey ended after 5-8 questions. However it was never more than half way of the survey. I can see an increase in those being rejected recently.
    If it comes to earnings I got 10EUR in less than 2 months - now awaiting my voucher. Friend of mine who recommended this website to me got 170 quid (in few years though).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cathy neefoley

I am very happy with this company, having signed on couple months ago I so far received 30 euro of vouchers for Amazon and have bought DVD's and CD's, so feel for the few mins it takes to do the survey its ok money.

Also I get my voucher immediatly so no delays at all.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 selsun

Update to previous post. I received my voucher week after I ordered it from IO. Looks like genuine company :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

The surveys stalling half-way through happens to me too- in fact it's happenning in my other browser window as i type - and nothing wrong with my net connection.
    Over a year i have gotten 10e in paypal as rewards, but every 2nd survey either stalls or asks a few (3-10) questions and is full. Its quite annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

irish opinions is an absololute discrace, 90% of surveys you get bull**** from them. something should be done about it, irish opinions should be sued for giving out false information regarding paid surveys, im sure there is plenty of people who would testfy against them in court, in my opinion they should be sent to prison because they are giving people false hope and wasting peoples valuble time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

liam650 wrote: »
    irish opinions is an absololute discrace, 90% of surveys you get bull**** from them. something should be done about it, irish opinions should be sued for giving out false information regarding paid surveys, im sure there is plenty of people who would testfy against them in court, in my opinion they should be sent to prison because they are giving people false hope and wasting peoples valuble time

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

i agree it is irritating when you've answered a good few questions, sometimes as many as 20 and then they tell you you dont qualify. have often felt like throwing my laptop out the window. having said that i've been with IO since early 2008 and have had 9 vouchers sent to me. However as i get older i definitely dont fit the criteria quite as easily. all i can think is that us lot who have bills to pay etc. are more likely to respond so you need to be quick to get in there. people in the their late teens and early 20s are less likely to be in IO so no matter when they respond they'll need their answers....

apologies if all this has been said already, i haven't had time to read all 24 pages!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

I'm quite happy with them lately. I got €4 for a short enough survey and I'm taking part in a "drinks diary." All you have to do is fill in two entries to a drinks diary and there's a €10 reward.

That gives me an extra €20 to spend on books and season three of The Sopranos to read/watch over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I never get offered survey's. I cant remember the last time I got one and I have all details filled in my profile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got this reply from them a few weeks ago after I got within 2 questions of finishing and was kicked out of the survey.

Dear Irish Opinion member

Our records indicate that you were stopped from completing the survey because we had reached the desired number of respondents for your particular profile. I understand that this might be disappointing but the system closes the survey automatically once the desired number of respondents has been reached.

Please note that we will not pass on any of the information you have given to us in the course of uncompleted surveys to our clients. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We will be in touch again shortly with more opportunities to earn rewards.

Kind regards
    Isabel
    The Irish Opinions Tea

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I got this reply from them a few weeks ago after I got within 2 questions of finishing and was kicked out of the survey.

Dear Irish Opinion member

Our records indicate that you were stopped from completing the survey because we had reached the desired number of respondents for your particular profile. I understand that this might be disappointing but the system closes the survey automatically once the desired number of respondents has been reached.

Please note that we will not pass on any of the information you have given to us in the course of uncompleted surveys to our clients. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We will be in touch again shortly with more opportunities to earn rewards.

Kind regards
    Isabel
    The Irish Opinions Tea

I received the same one when I complained! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Me too. It's just an automated reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

genie wrote: »
    I received the same one when I complained! :rolleyes:

i complained and am being part credited to where i got to in the survey and was booted off from.

i like IO just got €50 worth of tesco vouchers off them last week, ya cant go wrong with that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I just complete a survey about Sky and had it totally completed all the way as far as asking what county you lived in and when I did that it then said "Sorry we have reached the required number of participants" So basically i completed the entire survey and these scum gave me nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

On it since late 2009, got 100 in Amazon vouchers so far this year, the waiting for ages for the fees to go from pending to credited pisses me off, also they have age, job and demographic info from my profile so why the constant filling in of these to be told you don't qualify? I would say its just about worth participating in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sarahmarie

Slang_Tang wrote: »
    I'm quite happy with them lately. I got €4 for a short enough survey and I'm taking part in a "drinks diary." All you have to do is fill in two entries to a drinks diary and there's a €10 reward.

That gives me an extra €20 to spend on books and season three of The Sopranos to read/watch over Christmas.

I also completed the same survey, I filled in everyday, more than 2 day's of 'comsuming alcohol' just to be sure I got the €10 reward, however I still haven't recieved anything!? Just wondering if you had?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sarahmarie

I joined not so long ago.. so far, i've recieved a €10 Amazon voucher & am not at €4.50 with some pending.

I recieve multiple surveys a week, to everyone who's not recieving surveys, check your junk mail / spam folder!

Also, for the 'not qualifying' , when they ask a question 'do you or any of your family work in...' always answer no!

sarahmarie wrote: »
    I also completed the same survey, I filled in everyday, more than 2 day's of 'comsuming alcohol' just to be sure I got the €10 reward, however I still haven't recieved anything!? Just wondering if you had?

I also did it, it took about 10 days to get paid for the the last diary one I did, it didn't appear in pending, was just credited when I checked one day.

• Advertisement

sarahmarie wrote: »
    I joined not so long ago.. so far, i've recieved a €10 Amazon voucher & am not at €4.50 with some pending.

I recieve multiple surveys a week, to everyone who's not recieving surveys, check your junk mail / spam folder!

Also, for the 'not qualifying' , when they ask a question 'do you or any of your family work in...' always answer no!

I find honesty is the best policy.

Advertisement