Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Beverages - 49137904 €5.50. Has anyone received payment for this survey yet.
    I've been waiting so long I've grown a second head.............:mad:

Have you been paid for this yet. I'm still waiting and waiting.... getting royally annoyed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

Have you been paid for this yet. I'm still waiting and waiting.... getting royally annoyed!!

I am still awaiting to be credited for this survey also.

I sent an email on 05/05/12 and below was the response I received.

Dear .........,

thank you for your email.

We are sorry that the credit has not been processed yet. Unfortunately, the survey is still open and waiting to be closed by the client.

There is nothing we can do to speed it up at this moment.

Thank you fot your patience and understanding in this situation.

We apologize for any inconveniene caused.

Kind regards,

Isabel
    The Irish Opinions Team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Haven't been paid for it yet and I doubt I will since it think that it fecked up on me at the last minhute/. Was highly annoyed when it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

I joined with them a couple of months ago,have received a voucher already about 3 days after requesting it so no complaints so far although its early days.
    So far I have found them to be better than some other companies that offer points and competitions etc.
    You will never make a fortune but for 20 minutes or so when you are online anyway I think its fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GrzegorzBray

Irish Opinions are a <SNIP>. I've received €30 worth off online Amazon vouchers from them, the code number in all of them is 000000 and it shows in my account history as such. I contacted them twice, haven't got any answer. I'm actually thinking of placing posters in town warning people from using them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Irish Opinions are a ,<SNIP> I've received €30 worth off online Amazon vouchers from them, the code number in all of them is 000000 and it shows in my account history as such. I contacted them twice, haven't got any answer. I'm actually thinking of placing posters in town warning people from using them.

I couldn't disagree more. I have gotten gift vouchers for Boots etc and Amazon vouchers galore over the years and never a problem. It's a fantasitic payout for zero effort. Many other opinion sites only award points (and it takes about 12 months to earn €10 worth) or enter you in a draw, or donate to charity on your behalf.:rolleyes:
    Irish Opinions pay out promptly and have a great selection of payment options. Money for old rope! :)

Well, I received online vouchers promptly too, only they are all invalid. Here is my account history with the codes:

28-5-2012 Rewards Payout (Online Vouchers) - 000000 €-10.00

It's basically the same thing as robbing someone's money using his credit card. It's been a week since I've e-mailed them twice to send me the codes and still I haven't got any answer (even though in my second e-mail I warned them that if I don't get any answer, I'll go public about them). They have no contact number and besides, there is no way of tracking your e-mails to them since they only have an online form, so if this is not a <SNIP>, then I don't know what is. By the way, the fact that they didn't answer my second e-mail warning them would indicate that they do not care about their opinion.
    Zero euro is not a fantastic payout for many hours of my wasted time. I wonder if someone else had a similar experience to mine, from what I red here there are people who have been <SNIP> by Irish Opinions, but not in that particular form (usually their vouchers just never arrived and like in my case, there was no answer).
    Maybe Irish Opinions are sort of a pyramid scheme - only those who joined early got paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

The codes are emailed out to you, not given in your account history. I always go for the Amazon vouchers and always get emailed the code instantly. Have never had an issue with them.

The codes should be BOTH e-mailed to me AND given in my account history and I haven't received any e-mail while my account history shows bogus codes. This is what their website says and I quote:

"If you ordered a digital voucher, you should have received a confirmation email with the voucher code via email. The code of your voucher can also be found in Reward History section in your account."

I don't know if I'm extremely unlucky or what, but one thing I know is that the Irish Opinions don't seem to care about their customers since they don't bother answering their e-mails and furtermore, they seem to make it even more difficult to query them by not having any phone number to phone them. Like I said, perhaps they've just paid those lucky ones who joined them first so that they spread a good opinion about them (in good faith) and the rest of their customers are there to be <SNIP>? I cannot see any OTHER reason why they would have BOTH sent me invalid voucher codes AND wouldn't reply to my e-mail.
    Supposing I bought book vouchers from a bookshop. Now, imagine that not only the vouchers would be worthless, but noone would answer your queries in that bookshop. Would that not be sufficient to call that bookshop a <SNIP>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Has anyone had any experience using the contact form on their website? When should I expect a reply from them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The 12th of Never.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

im nearly at the 60 euro mark i find them great i get surveys every week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

lisar816 wrote: »
    im nearly at the 60 euro mark i find them great i get surveys every week

If you haven't already ordered your vouchers, you should do so asap. They're a small company, and small companies are going bust every day. A bird in the hand etc etc.

If you haven't already ordered your vouchers, you should do so asap. They're a small company, and small companies are going bust every day. A bird in the hand etc etc.

There is no basis for that staement; and it has been used here many times before in relation to Irish Opinions.

Every time I looked for vouchers there was absolutely no delay.

Dear lisar816, try to order your 60 vouchers from them and see what you'll get - I got 3 online vouchers with codes 000000. I was at the 30 euro mark and yea, I was getting surveys not every week, but every day. After I had ordered my vouchers, not only they sent me invalid codes, but they never replied to my e-mails. I'm not the only one here on boards.ie with bad experience with them, just read the posts of people who never got paid (one guy says that only at the Tesco till he realized that the vouchers are invalid).

It's a good couple of hours of wasted time you'll never get back, it's better to go for a walk.

Dear Srameen,
    There was absolutely no delay in my case too. They sent me INVALID vouchers without a delay and they never replied to my e-mails. I'm not the only one here who hasn't been paid, just look at people still waiting to get their vouchers or any reply from them

That's another boards.ie user (yvonnebb) opinion:

'I have 3 x 10 euro tesco vouchers outstanding dating back to 01/12/2011.
    I sent 2 mails to Isobel and got the automatically generated reply
    Sorry delay in receiving vouchers will be sorted im the coming WEEKS.
    I am already waiting 11 weeks and they are sorting it im the coming weeks. I did 41 surveys to get this amount all very time consuming.
    Its a disgrace as the company get well paid and they give us a pittance and when they do they delay as long as possible.
    Once I get this lot of delayed vouchers Im out.
    It is a scam. '

And another one (by davidegallazzi):

'I have registered with them about 1.5 years ago. At the beginning I was not receiving any survey, then the surveys start to come in. I got the first €10 voucher, after which the frequency of the surveys increased significantly.
    I completed a number of them, enough for a further €10 voucher. They never sent the second voucher, claiming all sort of lame excuses (system back logged, voucher lost in the mail, etc.). I too have came across surveys which would ask me a good few questions and then tell me that I was not qualifying for the survey. Even worse, I completed a survey and have never been given the reward.

I start to think that this website is a scam.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

GrzegorzBray, are you going to cut/paste all the positive feedback about IrishOpinions.com too?

There is no basis for that staement; and it has been used here many times before in relation to Irish Opinions.

Every time I looked for vouchers there was absolutely no delay.
    And i went and ordered 50 euro in vouchers oh well ill keep saving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

GrzegorzBray If you are going to quote previous posts, then please combine them all into one post and use the Quote functionality.

dudara

In my personal experience, I have never had an issue with Irish Opinions. My Amazon vouchers have always been delivered promptly and without issue.

lets see what happens and i will report back!

Dear SerialComplaint,

Why would I cut/paste all the positive feedback about IrishOpinions if they don't care about positive feedback? I wrote two e-mails to them, in my second e-mail I warned them that if they don't answer my e-mail about €30 they've stolen from me I will go public about them to make people aware that they are <SNIP>. They didn't answer, therefore they don't care.
    Secondly, I want to warn people not to use them because there are so many other things people can do with their time rather than wasting it on <SNIP> company. Positive feedback would actually mislead boards.ie users as to there is tons of people who either didn't get paid/are still waiting for vouchers/never got any response from IrishOpinions (I quoted only the first few).

Are you going to cut/paste any positive feedback on the Anglo-Irish bank (I'm sure there was some in the past)? Nope - why should you?; well, neither I should cut/paste any positive feedback on IrishOpinions - why should I?

And when are you going public? What means are you going to use? You can't count here - surely not, as many have posted on how easily they get their vouchers and how handy the process is! A few minutes answering a survey in front of the TV is money for old rope.:)

I'll look forward to hearing you on Joe Duffy or reading your letter to the Irish Times (who btw just give points for their reader panel surveys and will get you a 2gb memory stick after 18 months). ;)

Maybe that's a good idea ;-) - I was on Pat Kenny during their presidential debate; let me know when he's having a program on Irish Opinions and I'll go there lol.
    As to the Irish Times, I prefer to write to them on economy - do you think I should bother myself with Irish Opinion and give them free publicity ;-)? Hmmm... ;-)

Maybe that's a good idea ;-) - I was on Pat Kenny during their presidential debate; let me know when he's having a program on Irish Opinions and I'll go there lol.
    As to the Irish Times, I prefer to write to them on economy - do you think I should bother myself with Irish Opinion and give them free publicity ;-)? Hmmm... ;-)

That's total hogwash! If, as you said, you are going public to disgrace them then how could going public now be free publicity? :confused:

Get some proportion!

But as to the "2gb menory stick after 18 months", I think that after my adventure with 3 Amazon vouchers with codes 000000 - you can use them if you manage to buy any books with them - I'm done with surveys for good. It's my fault - I should have checked them out after first €10 instead of naively going to €30 and then realising the vouchers are bogus. You live and learn :-)

Because even bad publicity may be better for them than no publicity (the auld show-business rule), especially if it was in the Irish Times. On the other hand... hmm...

Dear Srameen, you know what? If you think that Irish Opinions are not a <SNIP>, I'm offering you a great deal - my password to Irish Opinions with €30 worth unused Amazon vouchers in return for €20 cash. Think of that - you're getting a tenner for free - that's 2 pints, dude - and it's not a <SNIP> (or so you say). Now put your money where your mouth is :-)

• Advertisement

A. I refer you to message 472 above. Why post 3 items for 1 reply?

B. What was all the talk about going public then?

C. I have plenty of credit on my Amazon account already - thanks to Irish Opinions. How would I get the €20 to you?

D. I suspect you'll not be missed.

E. There are several very good Online Survey companies about but I genuinely find Irish Opinions the best of them. The surveys are more enjoyable and the payout better. I have got the same surveys from them, paying €1.50 while another company gave points valued at less than 20cent for the exact same thing.

F. BYE!!

Advertisement